“If you're going to NYC, stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ameritania Hotel to your Saves list
Ameritania Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   230 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #124 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“If you're going to NYC, stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were a couple of moms going away for a girls' weekend. This is such a great little hotel, I cannot say it enough! A walker's paradise! Right smack in the middle of everything. Excellent walking distance to ALL of the major attractions, food/coffee, shops, subway, and only steps from all of the Broadway shows for easy night time entertainment. The hotel has been newly renovated and was spotless, had a fun and funky main lobby decor, and the rooms were well appointed. The beds were heavenly, perfect after a busy day of walking the city and seeing a show. We were in room 1202, with two doubles. The room was a decent size from what I understand of New York's standards, and had an okay view if you went right up to the window. The bathroom had no tub but a huge walk-in shower, which we prefer anyways. There is only a half glass wall in the shower, and the first time I used it the water went all over the floor, but if you use the handheld and tip the shower head back a little towards the wall, it solves the problem entirely. Jeff the bellman was THE BEST! Thank you Jeff for making our stay even more enjoyable! I arrived very early in the morning and they were very happy to keep my bags until our room was ready and Jeff hounded the front desk to ready the room much earlier than the 3pm check-in because I was dead on my feet. Jeff provided me with transportation on the spot back to the airport when it was time to leave a few days later, what a relief! We had a late flight at the end of our weekend, and once again, they very happily held our bags for us all day. You cannot go wrong with this little gem and I will definitely be recommending it to my friends/family and staying here again myself. Thanks to all of you at The Ameritania for making our first trip to NYC a huge success!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better I think to get away from the night long honking, but I don't thi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Jennifer613,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to read that you were especially pleased with the service from Jeff. He says a big thank you for the compliment! Our aim is to ensure that all our guests are completely satisfied with their stay. We do hope to welcome you back on your next trip to New York City.

Sincerely
Renaldo Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The property is perfectly located at 54th and 8th and is truly incredible, especially for NYC. The rooms are actually quite spacious for NYC and you immediately sense that attention was spent on decor, interior, etc. The linnens are great. The bath products are top notch. The attention to recyling and saving energy is also amazing in a non-intrusive way.

What impressed me most, though, was the manager ---- Paul Schwartz. He does his job well. He gets to know his customers. When he applogizes for a mistake his staff may make he does so sincerely and doesn't try to sugar coat it or make excuses. Instead, he does it in a way where you know he is using that as an opportunity to educate his staff so that it never happens again (even something as minor as waiting for what he deems to be too long for luggage).

In this day and age where difficult employees are hard to find, and where customer service is often ignored --- the Ameritania Hotel is a shinning example of what hotels should be doing in every regard. No hotel is perfect, but the Ameritania Hotel is damn near close.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Pollack S,
Thank you for experimenting and choosing us, we appreciate your business and further appreciate the feedback. Your level of comfort is our utmost goal and we are happy that we achieved that. Our staff is delighted to see your feedback. I agree with you that, every hotel needs a manager like Paul Schwartz. He ensure that every guest leaves with a smile, and wanting to return. It brings me great pleasure to hear that he were able to make this happen during your recent stay. If you ever need any assistance for future reservations, Please feel free to contact us directly for assistance with any future reservations
Best regards,
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Like past reviewer Milo, my family and I were very impressed with the level of service that the Ameritania's doorman Jeff provided.Well beyond what his job description entails. I left my camera in the car when departing NYC and Jeff tracked it down for me and returned it to me in Canada; Fedexing it to me in his own time. Imagine having a camera lost in NYC returned to you! Indeed Jeff's attention to customer service seems to be of the culture at The Ameritania in addition to the hotel's great location and exceptional rooms. My family will definitely return to The Ameritania for our next trip to NYC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jenni M
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I'm delighted that your NYC getaway was an enjoyable one and that members of our staff played such an instrumental role in your stay. We pride ourselves in the standard of service and accommodations our guests have come to expect from the Ameritania Hotel. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Best regards,
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have just stayed at the Ameritania in New York for five nights and would highly recommend the hotel, not just for its convenient location but for its deliciously comfortable beds and wonderful showers. The standard room we stayed in was small but had everything we needed including an ipod dock. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel but instead tried a different diner every morning, all within a block or two of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on Broadway are fun as you can watch everything that is going on on the street below.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Fmcrobetson, Thank you so much for your excellent feedback. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional service and I am thrilled to hear we met your expectations. We would be happy to show you the variety of rooms we offer for your next trip. Our location makes the Ameritania an ideal place for anyone visiting New York and hope you return soon. Please feel free to contact us upon your next visit to ensure another excellent experience.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I never write a review. However, I was so taken a back by this property I have to. We manufacture furniture for hotels so we see and stay a many places. I was very impressed with the service at the front desk. They went out of there way to print and scan a document for me happily! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location is unbeatable from Central Park and Times Square. Best value for New York City hands down!

Room Tip: Any room is awesome here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear, JTNM
Thank you for your review of the Ameritania Hotel. Fantastic reviews such as yours are the reason we strive for perfection. The staff will appreciate your compliments regarding our service and reception. I am pleased that you enjoyed your trip to New York City, and we look forward to welcoming you back to your NYC home away from home.

Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed four days in September at Ameritania Hotel in New York. This is a hotel where they really were thinking about design as it was designed. The hotel is VERY clean everywhere, which we really appreciate when we travel around. The rooms are well-appointed with beautiful furniture and flat screen, but is quite small. However, it was not a problem for the two of us. The hotel has a doorman / consierge named Jeff, for whom service is a concept that should be taken seriously. He rendered a great service from the time we arrived until we departed and there is one thing we will remember your stay at Ameritania for, it is Jeff. He is truly an asset to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ,Milo-Sydow
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Ameritania Hotel. It is our pleasure to make sure our guests know that we will go above and beyond to meet their expectations. Your review has been acknowledged by all departments and we look forward to accommodating you during your next visit to NYC!

All the best
Puyallup, Washington, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Ameritania for 4 nights for a Girl's "weekend" and to celebrate a birthday. Upon arrival the doormen were quick in getting our bags up to our room and check in was a breeze. They even had a Birthday cupcake from Sprinkles waiting for us in the room.

Our room was perfect! The decor was amazing and we had plenty of space. The bathroom could have been a little bigger, but the huge mirror in the main portion of the room made it easy for us to both get ready at the same time. The shower was AMAZING. The beds and linens were very cozy as well.

We had only one issue with our room (the sink was leaking) and it was resolved while we were out sight seeing.

Our first night there we had drinks in the hotel lobby, they were the best martinis we had during our stay. The bar tender was very nice as well.

The people next door to us were pretty loud. We could hear them while passing their room in the hallway, however we could not hear them at all from inside our room which was nice because by the end of the day we were exhausted! The traffic noise inside our room was not bad at all and neither was the construction across the street.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone who wants to be in the middle of the action in midtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Camislander82

Thank you for your review of the Ameritania Hotel. Fantastic reviews such as yours are the reason we strive for perfection. I am pleased that you and your friend enjoyed your trip to New York City, and we look forward to welcoming you back to your NYC home away from home.

Renaldo Moore :)

Been to Ameritania Hotel? Share your experiences!