“Great hotel in a great location!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

You added Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   141 East 44th Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #87 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Maryland
“Great hotel in a great location!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I made a quick overnight trip to New York and wanted a hotel at in a prime location at a great price. I got a good deal on my room. Honestly, I have paid twice as much in the past for other hotels that were not as clean and had worse service. The service was great. The front desk, concierge, housekeepers, and everyone we encountered were great. The room was clean. The bed was amazing. It is right down the street from Grand Central Station/Terminal and a few blocks from Bryant Park. So, the location is near perfect. I will definitely stay again. The only negative is the attached restaurant--the Wheeltapper. I expected a better pub from an Irish owned hotel. Other than that, the experience was great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear thundercal21,
Thank you for staying at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

Being so close to Grand Central station and the major attractions makes very convenient.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope it won’t be too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Front desk staff, concierge, housekeepers were all fantastic...comfortable rooms that are larger than most nyc hotels. Nice location without too much street noise, reasonable valet parking fees, all around good deal

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear bobnVikki,

Its great to read that you found us to be a good value and that our rooms are larger and quieter than normal. On your next trip I hope you get opportunity to spend some time on our patio area, its a great place to relax after a busy day.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in June 2014 and we both really enjoyed it. The room was big enough for the two of us, was cleaned everyday and spotless. Fresh towels everyday too. The bed was comfortable. I think people are nit picking when they complain about nice etc as we never heard a thing. I stayed on 7th floor and it was great.

The only thing I wrote on the comment card leaving was that the shower head could do with replacing, as it just sprayed water in one point, but it was great to use otherwise.

Well done to all the courteous and friendly staff and I hope I'll be back soon.

One thing I'd recommend everyone to do is buy the Subway 7 day pass - $30 and you can use it as much as you want. The subway goes everywhere in New York and is fast!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Craig_Wade,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received.

Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The location is ideal! The folks at the hotel are great! The rooms were exceedingly clean -- nice bathrooms. Good beds. We had interior rooms which were VERY quiet. Were we to visit again, we would stay in the same hotel. Easy access to Grand Central, a nice bar, great coffee shops nearby. Just right.

Room Tip: We booked very early and got great prices -- and were not entitled to upgrade at our rates -- but it...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear WYjudy,

I am happy to see that we exceeded your expecations in cleanliness, beds and bathroom size and that the rooms are very quiet.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

A boutique style hotel, with great staff and food. The bar was terrific at night and in the morning for an Irish Breakfast. The only downside for me was the air conditioning in the room. Definitely cold but I couldn't regulate it much. However, the room was superb and beyond my expectations. I will totally stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Tyler C,

I see you had the opportunity to try our Irish breakfast in the Wheeltapper pub, on your next visit I hope you have the chance to visit our patio area for a relaxing afternoon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just back from our honeymoon in NYC. The hotel was great - so central, clean, great decor, and helpful staff. Greg was so helpful. We were also treated with chocolate strawberries and a bottle of champagne. Will definitely stay here on our next visit to NYC. Emma and Leonard

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Emma M,

Congratulations on your recent wedding and I wish you all the best in the future.

Thank you for your kind comments about Gregg, I am glad to see that he was so helpful.

Once again, congratulations and thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope it won’t be too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Nice surprise to go to a hotel that is friendly from start to finish. Great room and good service. The breakfast was just right for the weird traveller!
For location you are a stones throw from grand central!

Room Tip: You will have no problems stopping here - good choice
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mark H,

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel? Share your experiences!