“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

You added Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   141 East 44th Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #75 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Well, what can I say, apart from this hotel is a tad on the small side. The hotel only has 9 floors so don't expect high rooms with great views. This also hinders the amount of light being let into the rooms making them very dark throughout the day.
Please don't get me wrong though I am a big fan of this hotel and stay in it every time I visit New York. The service is always AMAZING, the reception staff make this hotel!! You are welcomed when you arrive and always told to have a good day when you leave.
Complimentary hot chocolate in the winter, lemon water in summer.
The lifts take quite a long time during busy periods and rooms ending in 05 tend to hear them.
The rooms themselves are extremely cosy and I can't put in to words how nice the beds are. Best I have slept in in the states!
The hotel is in a great location, close to grand central so anywhere is easy to get to!
So, if you want a cosy, friendly, well located hotel that could almost be a boutique, head to the Fitz!

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the street as it will be the lightest, allow a bit more time for the lift...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Always_1A,

Thank you for staying at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope it won’t be too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Let me say my review for this place is tainted by the fact that my employer paid for my night and I got a nice upgrade.

I think the corporate rate we paid was about $199 a night, before taxes, which is well below the rates posted on their website.

I had to stay over because of a snow storm. But this place was wonderful. Clean, nice, quiet and a really relaxing place.

The bar/restaurant is almost like a mini-museum for railbuffs! There are some excellent artifacts from the history of Ireland's railroads. I've never been to Ireland but this hotel totally makes me want to visit.

Thoroughly recommend the Fitzpatrick. I've stayed at the Lexington Avenue location as well between 56th and 57th and enjoyed it as much.

If you're visiting New York you can book this hotel with absolute confidence and the location is perfect, right next to Grand Central.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room away from the street! While it's on a sidestreet between Lexington an...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Frqflier,

Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

gret location in new york, bedrooms were fine

overall experience fine, will i stay here again? In a city that offers so much, probabaly not

The restaurant looks a bit like an old restaurant in Dublin, which should be good but is a little outdated i think

Room Tip: if you like the location, book it, can't go wrong for location
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Denise P,

Thank you for staying at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I appreciate you taking taking the time to ppost your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, the location is excellent and although the Wheeltapper Bar did not appeal to you, we also have outdoor patio area for our guest's enjoyment.

Wolverhampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central February 2014 and really liked the hotel. We landed at JFK got a pre paid shuttle bus from the airport which took us about 40 minutes to get to the hotel and the traffic was very busy too. The hotel is located directly behind Grand Central Terminal. When we arrived the reception staff were pleasant and the booking in was quick. Our room was on the ninth floor. The room wasn't massive in size but also not small. It was clean and well kept, the bathroom was also very clean, and for the amount of time we spent in it that is all we needed it for, the vie from the room wasn't very good, it as the building next door, but that didn't bother us as we were out sightseeing all day. The hotel throughout the building was well maintained. All the staff we encountered were friendly enough. The hotel has a bar/restaurant attached to it, The Wheel Tappers, it is decorated in the form of an old railway station and train carriage, with train memorabilia on the walls. The beer and food prices are reasonable. The hotel in my opinion is in an ideal location for exploring Manhattan and beyond, as you can walk most places in midtown, or you can go to Grand Central and catch a train up or downtown. I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear WJC60,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received. Hopefully on your next trip vist you will be able to experience our patio area.

Kilkenny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in January on the first leg of our honeymoon, before heading to the Caribbean. The staff at reception and throughout the hotel were all consistently excellent with a lovely, welcoming and helpful manner who always seemed willing to go the extra mile. The hotel is located smack bang in central Midtown, just across the road from Grand Central Station and within walking distance from all the major landmarks, and with lots of great restaurants just on your doorstep (Smith & Wollensky, Dos Caminos, Mr K's). The rooms are cosy and simple, with a home from home feel to them (only quibble was the bed was really soft). The Wheeltapper bar is great for a few drinks and handy for lunch, with lots of traditional Irish options on the menu. A lovely touch after we'd checked in was the bottle of champagne that was sent to our room to mark our honeymoon. All in all a great stay - would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear kilkennykitten,

Congratulations on your recent wedding, I hope you had a truly unforgettable honeymoon.

Our location can't be beat with its proximity to major attractions and Grand Central Station.

Once again, congratulations and thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central.

Southfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed here to bring in the 2014 New Year. It was the perfect location with very nice staff. We were immediately upgraded upon check-in which made things pleasant from the start of our trip. Chris Brown, a member of the front desk team, was especially helpful in making our stay great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. I have to add, I love the hot chocolate at the front desk. It was a nice added touch!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Carla P,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received. Chris will be especially pleased with your feedback.

Northport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband and I spent one night at the Fitzpatrick for a date night in the city. We choose this hotel based on the good reviews and we were not disappointed. Check in was very easy, valet parking was great and the staff were very nice and friendly. The location was also great. The room itself was not very large but was very nice and clean. Before we left for dinner we requested turndown service. It was lovely to fine chocolates and water on the nightstand and slippers on both sides of the bed when we returned, a very nice touch. When we plan another overnight stay in the city the Fitzpatrick Grand Central is were we will be staying!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mboj,

Thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope it won’t be too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel? Share your experiences!