We stayed at this hotel the Independence Day weekend (5-8 July'13) and had a truly fabulous time.
Our room was MASSIVE, had lovely brown/cream/burgundy 'contemporary' decor in pristine condition, and we had a bathroom we could party in! - the shower was actually just the enormous end of the bathroom and could have fitted 8 of us :)
The bed was soooooo comfortable - we slept like logs! (Our only downside with this was that we couldn't figure out how to get the radio alarm to work and did oversleep a little one morning.)
The reception staff were lovely and helpful, including helping us print out our online boarding passes when we were leaving for home.....and the refreshing drink & glasses on offer whilst you was spending time with them was a lovely touch.
We actually met one of the room cleaners when we got back to our room a little earlier than expected one day (with it being over 100 degrees outside we went back to shower & cool off) and she was very friendly & chatty - what a nice experience for us - my son loved her! :)
The adjoining bar is welcoming and a great place to relax.....and the little outdoor courtyard area to eat & drink is a fab bonus! - it looks lovely with the twinkley lights on the foliage in the evening.
Excellent location for Grand Central Station and thus the brilliant NY Subway network - what a boost to be at Battery Park within 25mins of leaving our hotel room!
Handy Starbucks in the immediate vacinity, a mini deli/store just round the corner that was open late.
Our only gripe with the location is that the NY taxi drivers kept getting it wrong how to get to the hotel, as you can't actually turn into East 44th Street if you are on the west side of Grand Central Station - they have to turn into 43rd or 45th and then round to 44th - they grimaced and sulked when they realised! (bless them - LOL!)
We will absolutely stay at this hotel again - it was a little, beautiful, friendly oasis in the midst of a stinking hot metropolis.....and we adored it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The central location and attentive service distinguish the Fitzpatrick Grand Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fitzpatrick Grand Central
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York