“Good quality hotel, great location, but no free wifi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

You added Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   141 East 44th Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #87 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Good quality hotel, great location, but no free wifi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a family room for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay. The room was small but clean and the facilities were good. Helpful friendly staff too. Only criticism is the lack of free wifi which these days is becoming an essential.

• Stayed July 2013
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear GHDownie,

Thank you for staying at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope it won’t be too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I really like this hotel! I stayed here in June and was delighted with the location- just across the road from Grand central station. What impressed me most was that there was no traffic noise whatsoever in the bedroom eventhough we were right in the heart of the city. The room was spacious, the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The only criticism I have is that the air conditioning system was very noisy and I nearly jumped out of my skin when it blasted unexpectedly into action from time to time the first night, but after that I got used to it and slept soundly! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely stay here again myself.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Mair76,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here for 10 nights on a family holiday. We were very happy with the room and with the service. The hotel is centrally located and is situated a stones throw from Grand Central station where you can get the subway. Indeed there is a shuttle service there to Time Square and it is indeed very easy to get around. There are many coffee houses near the hotel where you can get breakfast. The reception staff were always very helpful especially Kelly Saunders. The jug of lovely cool lemonade in the lobby was especially welcome on those scorching July days. The bedroom was very comfortable and spotless-no wifi though but all the cafes around have it. An excellent hotel and very good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear maire_10,

Portchester, Fareham United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We wanted a central hotel for our first visit to New York and fitzpatrick's couldn't have been more central. The hotel has only five floors of rooms, but is very comfortable and quiet. The staff were very helpful, that includes hotel, the Wheeltappers pub attached to the hotel. There is a nice courtyard at the rear which is a little oasis in the big city. We noticed that BA flight crews use the hotel, nice to know they could get a good night's sleep before flying Brits home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear marylynn52,

I am very happy to read that you were able to enjoy our outdoor patio and appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that as I have become older I have definitely become a grumpy old woman.  I am much harder to please which, makes the following note all the more interesting, in my opinion
My friend and I went to New York June/July 2013 for 7 days. Without too much detail we found on arrival the room booked appeared to assume we were a couple. Long story short, we were moved. How fortuitous this turned out to be
We were placed at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central. We were warmly welcomed.  The girl who checked us in was understanding of our situation and took the time to call us in the room to check we were happy.  We certainly were

What a lovely hotel
The room was very good indeed.  It was peaceful and had great air conditioning.  Much needed with the temperature at 80+

The staff were amazing.  One of the ladies set up a lobby only Wifi access as we had lost access to free Wifi when we were moved and we had inadequate funds to pay for theirs

This hotel is in a really great location.  Just a 5 minute walk to Grand Central Station and around 20 minutes walk from Times Square

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and if I go back to New York I will look at staying there before

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Lorraine W,

I am very happy to read that we able to make your stay in New York a memorable and ejoyable experience.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed in March, weather was sunny but cold. Room was not heated. The hotel in my opinion is overrated and is showing signs of needing some attention, ie grubby in parts, worn carpet etc. Staff were friendly, but a bit slow on check out and same on bag retrieval. Wi-Fi is not free. Would not return, got better type room and deals in “lower” class hotels on trip. It was a one night stay and that was more than enough.....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel from the 19th to the 26th of june . The hotel is in a great location for grand central station and central park . There is one thing that made this hotel . A girl called tash who works in reception was exellent . Anything we needed to know or problems with finding places,she was there. Me and my gf were upgraded to the jim sheridan suite which was awesome which had champagne and strawberries waiting for us.....

• Stayed June 2013
Dear ritchiewestlake,

I appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service and am sure that Taj will ber excited to hear about your feedback.

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel? Share your experiences!