“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Upper East Side)   |
Ranked #210 of 463 Hotels in New York City
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed 7 days / 6 nights at this hotel and had a great experience. Our room was very comfortable and clean, our view was incredible, and the staff was very pleasant. We felt very safe walking around the neighborhood. There are several places to eat within walking distance, we particularly enjoyed Sutton Pizza on first, their staff was very friendly.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Clean hotel, nice room, quick service. Didn't use bar or restaurant but service was good except for problems handling an unusual reservation. (Double first night, single next - had to check-in/out between stays)

Fredonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Higher floor rooms on the east side of the building have a very nice view. The rooms are small, but comfortable and functional. Business travelers be aware; the internet service is slow and expensive.

Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stay at this hotel regularly for work, about 3-5 times per year. I usually stay in a very nice king suite. I generally like it here, but I do have a few quibbles. The internet was painfully slow this past visit. I normally don't use the internet here because you have to pay for it, and I'm too cheap, and I don't usually need to. But this time, I had to do stuff on the internet, and I was pleasantly surprised that it was already paid for by my company. Sweet. But I believe there are two levels of internet service, which is not unusual for hotels. Whatever service I had was so s-l-o-w for what I needed to do, which involved some downloading and uploading of a couple big files. What normally takes about an hour at home took about six hours here. If I was paying out of pocket, I would have been pissed. (Although if I was paying out of pocket and had big files to upload and download, I would have paid for the premium service.) Otherwise for generally websurfing, the service was a little slow, but I've had worse.
This is a small nitpicky thing, but I don't like the difficulty with turning off the light next to my bed. I fell asleep reading a book, then sleepy-eyed went to turn off the light and the switch was way up high on the lamp, about two feet up from the table, so I really had to stretch to reach it. I prefer the lamps that have little on/off switches at the base of the lamp.
The TV is another issue. I don't know why, but the reception on the channels generally suck. Some of them are really bad, and some are just bad, but almost none of them are really good clear images. I don't know why this is - it's cable, not like an old TV antenna or anything. But it's a constant problem with this hotel.
One thing I do like here is the shower. It's weird that they have just a glass wall covering the front half of the tub and leave it open in the back, but it's fine - water doesn't get all over the floor. I kinda like it. And I love the heavy water pressure, and a nice big soap bar, and oversized towels.
And I didn't even talk about people. They were perfectly fine and pleasant and helpful on this most recent trip, and they pretty much are every time I come here. I've never had any person working here who wasn't kind and professional.

County Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here a while ago, for a special occasion. Room was huge (one of the corner suites), with a bathroom, separate lounge area and the bedroom. Bed was a super king (or even slightly larger than a UK super king), extremely comfy. Room was in really good condition, with a fridge, two TV's and plenty of storage space. Only gripe would be the bathroom, which was so tiny compared to the rest of the room. Shower could have been better (should probably be ripped out and redone), shower basin was flooding.

Staff were fantastic and very knowledgable. Area was very quiet most of time, although proximity to emergency hospital meant sometimes ambulances were going past sirens on.

Really nice place can't wait to return :))))))))

Was going to give four stars because of the bathroom but it really wasn't that bad as to downgrade it.

Room Tip: Corner suites are worth the extra IMHO huge rooms for NYC