“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #227 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Jay
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We needed a place close to Memorial Sloan Kettering. The Bentley was perfect for us and we were treated so well. The bed was very comfortable, the room was quiet and the shower hot. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Thank you!! Efficient and friendly front desk staff. Considerate helpful housekeeping staff. Convenient business center. Undergoing construction project, but not too noisy. Great location with short walks to grocery stores, restaurants, hospitals, etc. Excellent property!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Pontevedra, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Bentley might not be in the most central location, but it's still only a couple of blocks from the Lexington Ave subway, with good crosstown and downtown connections.
For me, one of the most important factors of any hotel stay is the comfort of the bed and bed linen - essentials for a good nights sleep. The Bentley excels in both, and thoughtfully provides ear plugs to cut out the inevitable Manhattan traffic rumble. (The ear plugs also help insulate from the air conditioning which is effective if not a little noisy).
Cannot comment about the restaurant as did not use the facility, but I do know that it enjoys great views of the Queensboro Bridge and East River (as do many of the rooms).

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear AndrewMcC,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your recent stay The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve the product and service we offer. I appreciate all of the helpful information and am sure other travelers will find your review useful. It is true, our beds are so very comfortable. They are so hard to get out of in the morning. If you have any questions or need any assistance, do not hesitate to reach me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you for your review and feedback and I sincerely hope we have a chance to welcome you back to The Bentley for a future visit. Use the special code “thankyou” when making your next reservation on our website in appreciation for your loyalty to The Bentley Hotel.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is truly a hidden gem. Close to everything but tucked away on the upper east side. I am hotel snob and usually stay at the Regency (which I will always love) but with everything booked last week I stayed at the Bentley for 10 days. The room was spacious and clean. The view from the room is OFF THE CHARTS. From what this hotel lacks in terms of room service and other things that much fancier places have and CHARGE YOU exorbitantly for, the Bentley is hands down one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. I have lived in NYC for almost 20 years prior so I can compare this pretty much anything in the city. Also, the staff is AWESOME. I cannot say enough about this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The location and friendly staff are the only good things about this hotel. The room was dusty and run down. The lobby and elevators were dirty. If I am going to pay over $400 a night, I expect something better than what I experienced at The Bentley.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Dear Dear Batia C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your most recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. I am disappointed and concerned to hear of your negative experience. Your feedback is unusual and not in-line with our standard for cleanliness, service and quality. Please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com
if you would like to discuss your experience or if you need any assistance. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Bentley Hotel.

Jackson, Miss.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is comfortable and has a great staff. Stayed two nights here very happily.

A note: it's not located in the heart of the tourist district. Rather, it's near the East River and a nearby medical complex. If you're coming to see shows on Broadway, gawk at Rockefeller Center, etc., be prepared to walk a ways, take public transit, or grab a cab.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear bradshawgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your visit to The Bentley Hotel. It is great to see that a Trip Advisor Top Contributor, such as yourself enjoyed your time with us. I’m glad our location was convenient for your needs. We are located on the Upper East Side and have so many great local restaurants and shops in our area. In addition, the view from many of our rooms is spectacular. We encourage all of our guests to use Trip Advisor to share their experience as we are proud of the service and amenities we offer. In appreciation for your time, please use code “thankyou” when making your next reservation on our website. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bentley.

Regards,

gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at The Bentley Hotel for two nights for my best friends birthday and it was AMAZING!!! It all started with the check in process. As soon as I walked in the two agents had smiles on their faces =] Michael checked me in was knowledgeable about the hotels restaurant as well as things to do in the area, he got us checked in very quickly. We were placed in an amazing junior suite on the 20th floor and the views were absolutely amazing!!!! When we were up in the room I got a follow up call from Su the front office manager making sure everything was okay with the room, and I had nothing but good things to say. Su also made sure that I was treated like a VIP! I loved that since it was such a special weekend!!! Once getting settled in my friend and I went down to the lobby bar where we met Julian. Let me tell you Julian knows how to make a drink. It was perfect! After returning from our dinner plans we stopped by the front desk where Roopesh the overnight manager was to get some information about things to do the next day. Not only was he professional, and nice, he was easy to talk to, ( we spent about 40 minutes down there) The next day I went down to the desk to checkout of my room and check-in to my new room (as we had an extra guest with us we needed an additional bed) JP who was sweet made sure that we were all set when we returned that afternoon. Adda and Robert at the door were quick to make sure our luggage was stored- and safe most importantly! After being out all day we returned to the hotel and got ready to go out. When we arrived in the lobby at about 9 pm we asked the bellman Jamie to get us a cab, at this point we were 5 people and thought we would have to wait a long time for a cab- not the case at all! Jamie was able to get 2 taxis within 35 seconds (fastest I've ever seen!!) We got back to the hotel later that night, and we needed sheets for our pullout couch. Expecting to wait at least 15 minutes- Kwan was upstairs within 5 minutes and made the couch up in 3. AMAZING!!!!

As you can tell I had a wonderful stay! Michael, Su, Julian, Roopesh, Adda, Robert, JP, Jamie and Kwan are great additions to your staff and I hope you reach out to them and thank them personally for a JOB WELL DONE!!!!

Room Tip: High floors
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Suzyq82291,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your stay at The Bentley Hotel. Wow! You should be a travel blogger (if you are not already). We have some great people here all dedicated to providing excellent guest service. I appreciate the detailed review and I am sure other travelers will as well. I am glad you had a chance to experience all that we offer, especially the Lobby Bar. Julian makes some creative seasonal cocktails and it great you had a chance to enjoy one. If you ever need assistance at our hotel, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. We would love to welcome you back to The Bentley soon.

Regards,

Joseph Rauer

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!