“Two Thumbs UP!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #214 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Toms River
“Two Thumbs UP!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Under the circumstances of our trip to NYC, which was medical, our stay at the Bentley was enjoyable. The staff went out of their way to make sure our needs were met and very compassionate to our situation.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Teresa K,

Thank you for the review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. It is great to see that our hotel and staff was flexible and met your specific needs. We offer a comfortable and relaxing experience to all of our guests and especially those visiting and nearby hospitals. The comfort of our guests is our highest priority. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com.
Thank you for staying with us.

Joseph Rauer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Midland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Since it was the first time for me and my friends to visit New York and it was such a short trip in mid of busy working schedule, we were willing to pay a bit more for nicer hotel. We went there while they were still doing renovation, so the hotel doesn't look nice from outside. It's a boutique hotel so don't expect fancy big hotel like Hilton. I expected with the price we paid, there will be at least free wifi, free drinking water and coffee/tea maker in the room. I don't remember but it was like 4 bucks for a bottle of small drinking water?? Wifi, I can get for free in a 30bucks a night hostel. And yeah, if you want to use the fridge it will be another fees. The furniture was not new but the room was nice. It does help that the staffs were polite and professional.
We got a room with about 20% view of the Queensboro bridge so it wasn't much. The last night we were there we went to the bar upstairs, and met with the restaurant manager that was kindly led us to the top roof to get full view of the surrounding Manhattan area. The view was amazing! It did diffused lots of my frustration with the room.
Online rating of the hotel was four star but to be honest 4 star is only the price, facilities and anything else are more like 2 stars for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear travel_aki,

Thank you for the review from your December 2013 visit to The Bentley Hotel. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve the product and service we offer. I am glad you had an opportunity to visit our restaurant, Prime at The Bentley. The view is incredible. I would like to have an opportunity to welcome you back. We have many room options with various views and layouts. I would be happy to help you find the perfect one for you.

Peru, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed 3 nights with our teen girls. This hotel is very nice, and the view is absolutely spectacular. The room is not very big, and the beds seemed small. But the view, the staff and the location were all top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, either facing the Queensboro Bridge or the East River
Dear jeannie_b73,

Thank you for the great feedback on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed your family enjoyed your experience and the view from your room. Many of our rooms offer a uniquely breathtaking view of the 59th Street Bridge and East River. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Bentley Hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel was suggested to me by a colleague as it was close to my final destination. That was true enough, but getting there from the train station midafternoon was a little tough. The hallway and room both smelled a little smoky, and the 12th floor room was oddly L-shaped. I would have liked a desk to work at and free wired internet, or even wireless if only in the lobby. None of the above were to be had; even average chains offer these. Rather noisy outside, mostly sirens...I had never seen earplugs included in the bathroom before. Breakfast was not included, this is typically included at much cheaper places: I realize this in NYC, but honestly...could be OK enough for close by quick trips but that is all I would recommend for.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Jeff P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from you stay The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve the product and service we offer. I appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration when making changes to our operation. Please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com if you would like to discuss your experience or if you need any assistance. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Bentley Hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We booked the hotel after going through reviews on Tripadvisor and were extremely happy with the choice we made. We stayed for 4 nights and 5 days and had travelled to New York to celebrate my husband's birthday. Since it was a special occasion, I got in touch with the General Manager who with his prompt, timely and efficient assistance helped me in making it a memorable stay for all of us. He was very accommodative of all the requests I had made and not only did he along with his team meet our expectations but they definitely exceeded all our expectations.
The deluxe room with two double beds was very comfortable with a beautiful view of the Queensboro bridge. There was a letter from the GM which pre-informed us of the construction work that would be going on during the morning hours. However, that hardly made a difference since we would mostly be out sightseeing. Staff at Front Desk was helpful.
Overall, a wonderful stay. We shall definitely come back and also recommend to family/friends.

Room Tip: Room on a higher floor with a view of the Queensboro bridge!
Dear Devika C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your most recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. I post my email address on Trip Advisor so guests can contact us with requests. The more we know about our arriving guests, the better we can tailor a personal experience and exceed their expectations. I am glad you reached out to me prior to arrival. If you ever need assistance at our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This upper east side hotel was not in the best location, but the views from the room were fabulous though. The accommodations were quite comfortable. I wished there had been room service though after a very long day. There is a restaurant on site, but it did not open until 9:30 pm on a Saturday night. The lobby bar only offered very limited prepaid deli sandwiches & not a lot really close to pick something up. I think during business days the restaurant opened much earlier. I booked through a discount site and was very pleased with the value. The front desk staff could have been friendlier. While I thought the hotel was comfortable overall, I probably wouldn't stay there again because the location wasn't convenient for me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear SCGirl14,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your recent stay The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve the product and service we offer. I appreciate all of the helpful information and am sure other travelers will find your review useful. Our hotel is a comfortable, clean and convenient place with friendly and fun people all dedicated to providing quality guest service. If you ever need assistance at our hotel, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com.
I hope we have a chance to welcome you back the next time you come to New York.

Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Nice hotel, staff friendly, helpful, able to check in early. Request a view room. Shower is not great, leaks. Beds - doubles seemed short, but linens and mattress were nice. Walk to subway 6 blocks. Restaurants easy walk.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear John F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve the product and service we offer. I am glad you enjoyed the service of our team and the location of the hotel and view from your room. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you and your family will return the next time you travel to New York.

Joseph Rauer

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!