“Good Place to stay for a short trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Upper East Side)   |
Ranked #211 of 461 Hotels in New York City
Birmingham, Michigan
“Good Place to stay for a short trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Bentley is a nice small hotel located on the east side of manhattan conveniently located on York Ave and the FDR.
Those who travel a lot into the city will recognize this location as easy on and off the FDr and little inconvenient if you travel during the rush hour as the traffic off the 59th street bridge is the worst I've ever seen in 45 years of traveling in and out of NYC.
The hotel is very clean, the room are a nice size and for the money can't be beat.
If you have a hospital visit it is great place to rest and visit.
Hotel staff is friendly and helpful.
If you drive you'll have to fend for yourself regarding parking as it is around the corner and the parking personnel are not friendly nor are they helpful in any regard.

Room Tip: Try and get a higher floor to avoid the street traffic and the hotel is under an update on the outsi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Panda1230,

Thank you for the detailed review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. It is great to see that you enjoyed your experience and that your room was clean and comfortable. Our staff is committed to providing the best service possible to all of our guests. I appreciate the details in your review. This is useful information and I am sure the Trip Advisor community will appreciate it too. We want our guests to do all of the necessary research before choosing a hotel, and we are confident The Bentley is a great choice for any traveler coming to New York. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
tel-aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Booked this hotel , can honestly say that we enjoyed this hotel more than any other we've stayed at in Manhattan whilst on previous visits, clean , nice size rooms, good location, friendly staff, I would defintley recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear stevenlevine,

Thank you for the review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. I am glad you found our hotel. Guest service is our passion and we work hard to provide a quality experience for all of our guests. It is awesome to see the product and services we offer exceeded your expectations. Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel. We hope we have a chance to welcome you back the next time you travel to New York.

Terrell, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was a week-long girl's trip, and we were very impressed with the hotel. The room was huge, and the beds were very comfortable. It is a little far from the subway system, but in a really nice neighborhood. The staff, especially Amanda, was very helpful and went out of their way to assist us with our numerous requests. We would definitely stay here again, and recommend to everyone!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Cherie R,

Thank you for the review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. I am glad you found our hotel. We are lucky to have a group of associates all committed to providing personal and quality guest service. I am glad Amanda was able to make a positive impact on your experience. I will be sure to share your review with her and our entire team. If you should ever need assistance, do not hesitate to context me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel and we appreciate recommending us to family and friends.

Islip Terrace, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had a great experience. Staff was very friendly, our rooms were nice and the views were great. We asked for recommendations in the area for food, and they were spot on!

This was not my first hotel stay in NYC, but definitely one of the better experiences. Would definitely return and recommend to anyone looking for a hotel in NYC.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear CJM153,

Thank you for the review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. It is great to see that you enjoyed your experience and that the service of our team and comfort of the room met your expectations. We are located on the Upper East Side with many great local restaurants and shopping just a few steps away. I am glad you had a chance to explore the area. In addition, our location provides some of the most unique and spectacular views of the 59th Street Bridge and East River. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, do not hesitate to reach me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. We hope to see you soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at the Bentley, which is under construction, for just one night, 5/28. It was by far the largest room I've ever seen in NYC, but it was freezing in there! At first I thought it might be because it was taking longer to heat the enormous room, then I saw that one of those European room card for power things was on the wall, so I put my card in but still no luck. I finally took a hot bath and jumped into bed. By morning it was 64 in the room. I thought I'd warm up with a cup of coffee, but the brand new coffee maker didn't work. When I reported that the heat in my room wasn't working, the desk person cheerfully told me that was because the hotel had switched to the AC for the summer (nobody had mentioned this before...) so I told him the temperature and that the coffee didn't work, so he comped me a cup of coffee from their lobby shop. I doubt I'd risk trying to stay there again. It's several blocks from a subway stop, so pretty inconvenient.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear MaxwellHicks,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. I am disappointed and concerned to hear of your negative experience. Your feedback is unusual and not in-line with our standard for service. I am confused by your review as the hotel is not under construction of any kind. The letter in the room refers to a cleaning of the exterior of the hotel and not intrusive (as you can see by many of the great pictures guest have posted recently from their rooms). In addition, there was not any scheduled work during the date of your stay. This being said, I appreciate your feedback and we will act accordingly on your comments and noted challenges If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley Hotel or would like to discuss your experience, further, do not hesitate to reach me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. I would love to have an opportunity to welcome you back as I am confident your next experience will be a great one.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

nothing terribly bad about it, but honestly, if I'm paying over $400 a night, could it hurt to provide internet access and breakfast? also the bathroom smells like mould quite strongly, and the roll-in shower is poorly designed such that water covers half of the bathroom after taking a shower and I couldn't use the sink without getting my feet wet. the room is huge, much bigger than I need, but what am I going to use half a basketball court for? I'd much rather have the other things that are actually useful instead... In any case, at least no bed bugs, so I give it a pass, 3 stars

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ethan K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your recent stay The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve the product and service we offer. Although we do not offer free breakfast and there is a small charge for wifi, we do offer our guests a great value with clean, comfortable, spacious rooms; fantastic views and genuine guest service. In addition, all of our amenities and outlets are designed for the comfort and convenience of our guests. I sincerely hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Bentley Hotel.

Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The Hotel Management and Staff are beyond expectations, along with a exceptional view and a very comfortable sleep. We had three rooms and among the 6 of us our rating of this hotel is still Excellent!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear TraaHa,

Thank you for the great review of The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled the service provided by our team exceeded the expectations of you and your family. We are lucky to have great people here all committed to creating the best guest experience possible. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the next time you are in New York.

Joseph Rauer

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!