“its the details” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #222 of 451 hotels in New York City
Manhasset, New York
“its the details”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

the hotel rooms are very nice. the bridge and river views great. parking convenient.
with a high rated boutique hotel you expect the details to be great.
the lobby bar which is tiny doesnt open until 5pm, would have enjoyed a cocktail after checking in.
the room service is sketchy. it is available for breakfast but only if only if you preorder the night before or the will provide take out menus and deliver to room.
there are vending machines for sode and snacks in a stairwell off the lobby. the soda was $1 but was not stocked. the bar (when open) sold cold drinks at smaller sizes for $4 each.
the room lacked pen paper. there was one robe instead of two. ice must be brought up to your on request. there was an old radio with an iphone hook up but not suitable for other brands. the business center lacked amenities like pens, paper, clips etc. the in room mini bar lacked soda. the closest restaurants and convenience stores are an avenue away. there is no "gift" store if you forget essentials.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Wayne W,

Thank you for the detailed review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. We take our guests’ feedback very seriously and use it to improve the product and services that we offer. I am glad that over all you enjoyed your stay. We have shared your review as a management team and will address accordingly. Our staff is here 24/7 and happy to provide area recommendations or suggestions for anything that our hotel does not offer. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley or would like to discuss your experience further, do not hesitate to reach me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. I sincerely hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Bentley Hotel.

1,183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Even if that sounds a bit overdone - i am truly not that easy to be satisfied whenever it comes to hospitality. The Bentley gives you at the first sight the impression that you have to be prepared for a cost intensive service, since all "amenities" are a bit too pricy. I am talking about internet access, mini bar etc. And there was on top a construction about to start when we entered the hotel. so i thought this might have been a bad choice - but i truly needed to overthink my first guess when i met general manager Joseph rauer and his team - especially JP. JP is Head of the front desk and he's doing an incredible good job when it comes to customer care. He prepared a birthday cake for my partner on my behalf and charged just the exact amount the cake had cost - not even a service charge! The AC was broken when we arrived at the room and he let it fix when we were out for the day and it was replaced (!!) by the evening of the day - and as an excuse they placed a bottle of wine on the desk in the room! They receive postal packages for you, they even print your stuff - all without any extra cost! Since New York is normally all about money - this place is a rare excuse from that!
Talking about the rooms: They are the biggest, brightest rooms with nice views to either bridge (try to get that!) or city (upper east - not that spectacular, but still a number one perspective.
There is just a little point to mention: The subway is basically three and a half crosstown blocks away (so 10 minutes walk) - still doable. And the cleaning staff could do a bit better - but (and i am really critical) this is all swift away by this incredible service Joseph, JP and the team iis doing here. They make you feel at home by not charging all the time - and this is just an unpayable experience - go there - even for 4star up guests this will be a good choice!

Room Tip: Ask for a bridge view room and if you can - book a junior suite, which is not that expensive, but ha...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sbo33,

Thank you for the great review and thoughtful comments on Trip Advisor. We take our guests’ feedback very seriously and use it to improve the product and services that we offer. At The Bentley Hotel we are fortunate to have humble and genuine people all committed to providing quality, personal and flexible guest service. In addition, most of our rooms offer the some of the most unique views in Manhattan. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as they love to hear recognition from our guests. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley or would like to discuss your experience further, do not hesitate to reach me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. It was a pleasure to help you during your stay. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Bentley Hotel.

Regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Location of hotel was perfect for two recent stays as it's near relative's apartment. Also great to be on walkway next to FDR Drive. But, both times we stayed, housekeeping knocked on our door at 9 am, well before checkout time, waking us up. Shower has no door or curtain so bathroom floor gets soaked. No place in bathroom to set your stuff down. Room is nice and clean, and beds are comfortable. Hallways are noisy.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear falm777

Thank you for the review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your clean room and comfortable beds, however I am disappointed you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping management team and we will use your experience to retrain our staff on proper door etiquette. This is unusual feedback and certainly not in line with our standard for service. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, do not hesitate to reach me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. I hope you will return the next time you visit your family in NYC.

Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Double beds are a little small for two people to sleep in but there very comfortable regardless. the rooms are a good size to move around. View of the water was nice. Close to great restaurants and bars also

• Stayed May 2014
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Kirstin33,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. It is awesome to see that you enjoyed your experience and the view from your room. We offer various room types with different layouts all designed for the comfort of our guests. Many of them have a phenomenal view as you already know. I am glad you had a chance to experience some of the local restaurants and bars during your visit. There are many to choose from. Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel and we hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed with a 10 people group for 5 nights. Overall we had a great time. Front desk and cleaning service are very nice and friendly. Room view is really beautiful, not far from the central park and metro station. But no WiFi? Come on, it is 21st century!!! If you want to use hotel Internet it will cost you $12.95 per device for 24 hours. So for 5 nights every person had to spend about $60 for Internet. If you need WiFi go the nearest Starbucks on 60st and 1st. Hope management will change the costly WiFi rules. Do not forget to take a Roosevelt island tram ride!

Room Tip: the rooms with 01 at the end will have a Roosevelt Island and bridge views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Elena P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am thriled you and your group had a great experience. Thank you as well for sharing the awesome picture taken from your room. We will take note of your comments regarding wifi and review with the executive team. If you ever need a contact at The Bentley, kindly reach me via email at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Let me just say.....awesome. Originally I was going to stay at this 1 hotel right next to hospital, but they were sold out.....so I moved to this place & glad I did. It's less expensive than the neighboring hotel to NYP....and has a touch more sleek design as well. The price is right, the location is really good. When I stayed there, a friendly woman named TIFFANY was kind enough to upgrade my room to a mini suite, no extra charge. What a nice surprise, the view was dreamy, the large windows were paradise. Forgive me for not being in a writing mood, but yes I would recommend this hotel for the price. If it were double the price, I'm not sure I would. Also, they graciously gave free high speed internet, no fee....and it was extremely high speed, which was nice to see. The bed was comfortable, the eco-friendly bits were nice as well.

Thank you Tiffany again for the upgraded mini suite surprise, and for being kind with check in, when it was a tough time for me. I would recommend this hotel to people, based on price, especially those who involved etc at the wonderful New York Pres-Hospital a few blocks up.

Room Tip: **Ask at the front desk if there's a possibility to have an upgrade? Be KIND. People working in...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ziggler2014,

Thank you for the review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. I am glad you found our hotel. Guest service is our passion and we work hard to provide a quality experience for all of our guests. I am glad Tiffany was able to make a great first impression. I will be sure to share your review with her and our entire team. Many of our guests are visiting area hospitals and we want our staff to be flexible and accommodating. If you should ever need assistance, do not hesitate to context me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel.

Waretown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

While undergoing surgery my wife and I had the opportunity to stay at the Bentley. Everything was wonderful. The room was clean and taken care of everyday. Staff excellent, especially Su Mui , Manager

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Joan H,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable and the service of our team met your expectations. Our staff works hard to provide a crisp and comfortable environment to all of our guests, especially those who are here while recovering from surgery. I will be sure to share your comments with Su and our staff. We hope you return soon to spend some time in NYC for pleasure. Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel.

gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!