“Very clean and rooms are good size” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #223 of 451 hotels in New York City
Long Island, New York
“Very clean and rooms are good size”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Double beds are a little small for two people to sleep in but there very comfortable regardless. the rooms are a good size to move around. View of the water was nice. Close to great restaurants and bars also

• Stayed May 2014
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Kirstin33,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. It is awesome to see that you enjoyed your experience and the view from your room. We offer various room types with different layouts all designed for the comfort of our guests. Many of them have a phenomenal view as you already know. I am glad you had a chance to experience some of the local restaurants and bars during your visit. There are many to choose from. Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel and we hope to see you soon.

1,126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed with a 10 people group for 5 nights. Overall we had a great time. Front desk and cleaning service are very nice and friendly. Room view is really beautiful, not far from the central park and metro station. But no WiFi? Come on, it is 21st century!!! If you want to use hotel Internet it will cost you $12.95 per device for 24 hours. So for 5 nights every person had to spend about $60 for Internet. If you need WiFi go the nearest Starbucks on 60st and 1st. Hope management will change the costly WiFi rules. Do not forget to take a Roosevelt island tram ride!

Room Tip: the rooms with 01 at the end will have a Roosevelt Island and bridge views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Elena P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am thriled you and your group had a great experience. Thank you as well for sharing the awesome picture taken from your room. We will take note of your comments regarding wifi and review with the executive team. If you ever need a contact at The Bentley, kindly reach me via email at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Let me just say.....awesome. Originally I was going to stay at this 1 hotel right next to hospital, but they were sold out.....so I moved to this place & glad I did. It's less expensive than the neighboring hotel to NYP....and has a touch more sleek design as well. The price is right, the location is really good. When I stayed there, a friendly woman named TIFFANY was kind enough to upgrade my room to a mini suite, no extra charge. What a nice surprise, the view was dreamy, the large windows were paradise. Forgive me for not being in a writing mood, but yes I would recommend this hotel for the price. If it were double the price, I'm not sure I would. Also, they graciously gave free high speed internet, no fee....and it was extremely high speed, which was nice to see. The bed was comfortable, the eco-friendly bits were nice as well.

Thank you Tiffany again for the upgraded mini suite surprise, and for being kind with check in, when it was a tough time for me. I would recommend this hotel to people, based on price, especially those who involved etc at the wonderful New York Pres-Hospital a few blocks up.

Room Tip: **Ask at the front desk if there's a possibility to have an upgrade? Be KIND. People working in...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ziggler2014,

Thank you for the review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. I am glad you found our hotel. Guest service is our passion and we work hard to provide a quality experience for all of our guests. I am glad Tiffany was able to make a great first impression. I will be sure to share your review with her and our entire team. Many of our guests are visiting area hospitals and we want our staff to be flexible and accommodating. If you should ever need assistance, do not hesitate to context me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel.

Waretown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

While undergoing surgery my wife and I had the opportunity to stay at the Bentley. Everything was wonderful. The room was clean and taken care of everyday. Staff excellent, especially Su Mui , Manager

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Joan H,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable and the service of our team met your expectations. Our staff works hard to provide a crisp and comfortable environment to all of our guests, especially those who are here while recovering from surgery. I will be sure to share your comments with Su and our staff. We hope you return soon to spend some time in NYC for pleasure. Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

From the tacky leatherette trim in the elevator to the dark, dingy lighting in each room, the Bentley is far from the "respite" as described by one previous guest's review. The bathroom is small and tired. The bedroom, unlike the photos of Expedia, look less bright and airy and more fright and hairy (what is the material on the side chairs?).

I was looking for a bargain and compromised on price. Unlike other boutique hotels that either deliver style or substance, the Bentley fails on both counts. The furniture is second-hand as the decor is second-rate; sloppy paint jobs and work interior furnishings. In other words, you get what you pay for.

On the positive side, staff were friendly and offered assistance.

Overall, I should have paid a little bit more to stay at a Marriott or Hilton property where I will at least get some travel points and receive a certain level of standards that come with a more established brand.

• Stayed May 2014
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear David G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I m glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I was confused by the title of your review as our team takes pride the cleanliness and comfort of our guests. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, do not hesitate to reach me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. I hope you will consider staying with us again. We have different room categories with various layouts and views, I would be happy to help personally select the right one for you.

Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Hotel Bentley. We had a great stay with a very friendly and professional staff (front of house and back included). Room was spotless everyday, only wish I had a better view for the 5 day stay.

There is a car for flat rate of $35.00 to airport, includes all fees unlike cab who will charge for extra for tolls. Used cabs back to hotel and rates were not bad. It is a 15/20 min. walk to Lexington for subway starting your day but you might want to use a cab after a long day. There is repair work going on outside hotel but does not interfere with your stay or sleep. Plenty of hot water after a long day even with 3 people. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 101monty,

Thank you for the detailed review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. It is great to see that you enjoyed your experience and that your room was spotless and comfortable. Our staff is committed to providing the best service possible to all of our guests. I appreciate your suggestions on area transportation. This is useful information and I am sure the Trip Advisor community will appreciate it too. We want our guests to do all of the necessary research before choosing a hotel, and we are confident The Bentley is a great choice for any traveler coming to New York. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

After my last stay, I moaned about the wifi service that the hotel offers. The Manager of the hotel personally phoned me to sort the situation out.

I was very impressed by this as usually management say they are going to do something but then they don't. I was welcomed back, I felt welcomed and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay once again.

The room was clean - from the bellhops, reception to the very friendly chambermaid who also came back in the early evening to do the turn down service, all I can say is "Thank you"

To the Manager, Mr S. Thank you for rectifying the problem with regards to the wifi as well as the service that I received from your staff. I thank you for this and I am letting the public know that if something does go wrong that the hotel does actually put things right. Should something go wrong then there is always an alternative as your staff go beyond to fix it.

I feel that the staff on the day of my quibble must have been an off day as all came right in the end.

I look forward in returning and by now you would have 2 even more satisfied visitors to the Big A who recently stayed at the Bentley.

Thanks once again.

Room Tip: Try the river view as the rooms on the street could be noisy if the traffic gets redirected due to t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear John A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We take our guests’ feedback very seriously and use it to improve the product and service that we offer. Guest service is our passion and we want to make sure that the service and amenities we offer are tailored to the specific needs of our guests. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley do not hesitate to reach me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to New York.

gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!