“Very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #223 of 452 hotels in New York City
Wilmington, Delaware
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very good facilities excellent the only thing I put a but is this a little retired but is justified with good attention Miss Su is a professional and does a job excellent makes you feel good when you arrive

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Ezequiel M,

Thank you for your great comment about your recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. It is great to hear that my team was able to make you feel comfortable and even went above and beyond for you. I am very happy that you enjoyed the facilities as well. Let us know if you need any assist assistance for your future reservations, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

1,189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
SouthGa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I found The Bentley Hotel on Hotwire and got a pretty great rate - $150 a night on the Upper East Side on Tony Awards Weekend - so I was a bit anxious. Hotwire rated it a four star, though, and it didn't disappoint. Nicer than the average Hilton or Crown Plaza - nice, relatively large rooms with up-to-date, even funky decor, nice bath products, mini-bar inthe room, etc. The check-in staff was friendly and helpful, and the only "problem" I had - a non-working iron - was addressed quickly with a working one delivered to the room within a few minutes. The location offers river views from some rooms, and my room was quiet at night. The only downside - the hotel is just a bit out of the way being about a block from the East River, it's a bit of a hike to the nearest subway station, but if you're a walker in pretty good shape, the wonderful shops and restaurants of the Upper East Side are just a few minutes walk away. If not, the friendly door man is happy to help you grab a cab. Overall, a very good choice, especially if you get a "deal" like I did. I've paid substantially more for an adequate Holiday Inn in Manhattan.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear SouthGATravelGuy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review on trip advisor. We are delighted to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed while staying with us. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests are having a great experience, which is also very motivating. I look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to the city.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I booked my room on Hotels.com to accommodate a last minute stay due to a flight cancellation so this may explain why I got what had to be one of the worst rooms - 2nd floor right next to the stairwell and no view. The room was clean but poorly lit and dark decor so it was fine for sleeping, but I was more than ready to vacate my room and booked an earlier flight to be able to do so the next morning. Hotels.com has this listed as a 4-star hotel for some reason when in fact it is only a 3-star hotel by most standards. The room was big which was nice and the water pressure in the shower was fantastic and the bed was comfortable so I got the basics which is all I needed. But this hotel is not close to anything and in a terrible location if you want to be able to walk somewhere to enjoy the city. Road noise from the expressway ramp is unpleasant as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear L0vett,

Thank you for your honest and valuable feedback on trip advisor. I am so sorry to hear that you were not as comfortable as you should have been while staying with us. We always try to improve our standards and level of customer service therefore we definitely appreciate your feedback. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly next time your travels bring you to New York, so that I personally can set you up for a nice room overlooking the East River for you to enjoy our great views. I look forward to welcoming you.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a great option for budge travelers! Was a great location for the price - only a 10 minute walk until your in the thick of it all! Also a great diner just up the block and a Starbucks.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Fridge and hairdryer also provided!

All in all a great place to stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear maree1093,

Thank you for your kind feedback about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you had a great time while staying with us and I hope to be welcoming you back soon when your travels bring you to the city.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Great deal. Our stay was perfect just watch for additional charges which when questioned were taken off. Try "the smith for breakfast 2nd ave @51 st fabulous go early or
Call to get a table. I diner up the street was terrible and dirty

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Dlm711,

Thank you for your kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I stay 2 nights at the Bentley and it was fantastic. The check-in staff was so sweet and accommodating to not just us, but even the grumpy people in front of me. On the first night, the front desk called a near-by restaurant and asked them to stay open a little later so that we could have dinner there. We also had a few drinks downstairs and the bartender was very generous with his pours. Our room was very nice. We had a great view on the northwest side of the building. We were a little disappointed that there was no room service and because the on-site restaurant was kosher, they did not have breakfast on Saturday (even though it is advertised in the room). The restaurant has fantastic views, but is pretty pricey and we just got drinks. Other good restaurants can be found a block or so away. Overall, I'd recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: Higher up the better, but bridge views let in a lot of sun and may be hot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ecknight88,

I am so happy to hear that your recent visit was pleasant and you had a wonderful time staying with us. Thank you for your kind words, I am delighted that everybody was able to assist your needs and made you feel comfortable. I am glad you also found great restaurants and bars nearby, we truly are in a great neighborhood surrounded by culinary gems. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Bentley hotel was clean and well furnished. The staff not very efficient during our stay toilet got blocked the second night and it took two requests and 1 and 1/2 hours before someone came to look at it. The second issue was the light bulb needed to be changed in the bathroom and once again it took two requests before someone came to fix it. We were at the front of the building and even though we were on the twelve floor you could still hear road traffic.
Overall the room was good the service and efficiency definitely needs some work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear sandra s,

Thank you for your valuable and honest feedback about you recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your requests were not fulfilled in time and that you didn't feel as comfortable as you should have while staying with us. I definitely appreciate your comments as we are always trying to improve our level of customer service. Next time your travels bring you to the city please do not hesitate to reach out to me so I can personally take care of you. I look forward to welcoming you.

Esmee K.

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!