“Great deal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #223 of 452 hotels in New York City
“Great deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Great deal. Our stay was perfect just watch for additional charges which when questioned were taken off. Try "the smith for breakfast 2nd ave @51 st fabulous go early or
Call to get a table. I diner up the street was terrible and dirty

• Stayed June 2013
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Dlm711,

Thank you for your kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city.

1,189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I stay 2 nights at the Bentley and it was fantastic. The check-in staff was so sweet and accommodating to not just us, but even the grumpy people in front of me. On the first night, the front desk called a near-by restaurant and asked them to stay open a little later so that we could have dinner there. We also had a few drinks downstairs and the bartender was very generous with his pours. Our room was very nice. We had a great view on the northwest side of the building. We were a little disappointed that there was no room service and because the on-site restaurant was kosher, they did not have breakfast on Saturday (even though it is advertised in the room). The restaurant has fantastic views, but is pretty pricey and we just got drinks. Other good restaurants can be found a block or so away. Overall, I'd recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: Higher up the better, but bridge views let in a lot of sun and may be hot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ecknight88,

I am so happy to hear that your recent visit was pleasant and you had a wonderful time staying with us. Thank you for your kind words, I am delighted that everybody was able to assist your needs and made you feel comfortable. I am glad you also found great restaurants and bars nearby, we truly are in a great neighborhood surrounded by culinary gems. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Bentley hotel was clean and well furnished. The staff not very efficient during our stay toilet got blocked the second night and it took two requests and 1 and 1/2 hours before someone came to look at it. The second issue was the light bulb needed to be changed in the bathroom and once again it took two requests before someone came to fix it. We were at the front of the building and even though we were on the twelve floor you could still hear road traffic.
Overall the room was good the service and efficiency definitely needs some work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear sandra s,

Thank you for your valuable and honest feedback about you recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your requests were not fulfilled in time and that you didn't feel as comfortable as you should have while staying with us. I definitely appreciate your comments as we are always trying to improve our level of customer service. Next time your travels bring you to the city please do not hesitate to reach out to me so I can personally take care of you. I look forward to welcoming you.

Bayville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stay at the Bentley frequently and have never been dissatisfied. I recommend this hotel to my family and friends all the time. I have probably stayed at a minimum of 50 hotels in NYC, and the Bentley is now the only hotel we will stay at. The hotel staff are always smiling and willing to help. John Sinclair the manager will even help with luggage or hailing a cab during busy times. Julian at the lobby bar is fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kerry S,

I am so delighted to hear that you have a great experience every time you are staying with us. Thank you for your great feedback, I will definitely share it with all my team members. Comments like these are always very refreshing and motivating. Thank you very much again. For future inquiries please do not hesitate to contact me personally, I look forward to welcoming you.

Astoria oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

However, many of good eating establishments, of which there are many from fine dining to cheap 2.00-3.00 breakfasts and delis are a good 3-4 blocks up the hill of New York blocks.
The subway is on Lexington and
60th. A healthy walk but is worth it if you have your New York walking shoes on.
Rooms are very nice big windows views of the river and from some spots views of the 59th street bridge that makes you" feel groovy."

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Journeyman644,

Thank you for your great review on trip advisor. We truly appreciate your comments and feedback. I am glad you had a wonderful time staying with us and my team was able to accommodate all your needs. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you into the city.

Newbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at the Bentley and was disappointed by cleanliness of room (my room was supposed to be non smoking and clearly someone had smoked in it). But most annoying was the lack of free wifi anywhere in the hotel even in the lobby! My room was overlooking queensboro bridge and the traffic noise was very loud. The windows are not sound proof at all. I left this hotel not feeling like I had stayed in a 4 star hotel at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear grenouille77,

Thank you for your valuable and honest feedback about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay fell beyond your expectations. We have converted into a non smoking property almost about 2 months now so it is very surprising for me to hear that there was a hint of smoke while you were here. If you could provide me with your stay details I will be more than happy to further investigate.
Cost for internet access is something we continue to closely evaluate. Our internet is 12.95$ for 24 hrs and when comparing our services to our competitor hotels, we are still relatively low in comparison to most NYC 4 star hotels that also charge this service.

I do apologize that the street noise caused you troubles and how it may have effected your stay. Please do reach out to me next time your travels so we can ensure a most pleasant stay next time your travels bring you to the city.

tucson az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

took my 13 yr old granddaughter to nyc for the first time. this hotel is on the smaller side in terms of no of rooms, and IT HAS A FABULOUS LOCATION!! The rooms were very nice with bathrobes, frig, micro. the folks working there were always very acommodating and anxious to help. we walked everywhere!! it is 2 blocks so of central park and just close to everything.
we even walked to/fro theater and i am from l.a. and would never do this there.
a hint: ask to stay as high as possible and not on the 2nd floor where the outdoor a/c units are located. they are very noisy at night. we were moved to 16, which was perfect.
also: next time i would skip the breakfast included as there are tons of inexpensive places within a block, that offer much more variety & for less $. we did eat dinner at the restaurant twice and it was excellent.

Room Tip: as high as possible! never in the back on the second floor, unless you like alot of noise, all nig...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear tucsonfolks,

Thank you for your great feedback on trip advisor. I am so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you also enjoyed the location. We are definitely in a wonderful neighborhood and which also allows us to offer these amazing views over the east river. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city. Should you require assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Esmee K.

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!