“Best Hotel in NYC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #222 of 451 hotels in New York City
Bayville, New York
“Best Hotel in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stay at the Bentley frequently and have never been dissatisfied. I recommend this hotel to my family and friends all the time. I have probably stayed at a minimum of 50 hotels in NYC, and the Bentley is now the only hotel we will stay at. The hotel staff are always smiling and willing to help. John Sinclair the manager will even help with luggage or hailing a cab during busy times. Julian at the lobby bar is fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Kerry S,

I am so delighted to hear that you have a great experience every time you are staying with us. Thank you for your great feedback, I will definitely share it with all my team members. Comments like these are always very refreshing and motivating. Thank you very much again. For future inquiries please do not hesitate to contact me personally, I look forward to welcoming you.

1,175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Astoria oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

However, many of good eating establishments, of which there are many from fine dining to cheap 2.00-3.00 breakfasts and delis are a good 3-4 blocks up the hill of New York blocks.
The subway is on Lexington and
60th. A healthy walk but is worth it if you have your New York walking shoes on.
Rooms are very nice big windows views of the river and from some spots views of the 59th street bridge that makes you" feel groovy."

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Journeyman644,

Thank you for your great review on trip advisor. We truly appreciate your comments and feedback. I am glad you had a wonderful time staying with us and my team was able to accommodate all your needs. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you into the city.

Newbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at the Bentley and was disappointed by cleanliness of room (my room was supposed to be non smoking and clearly someone had smoked in it). But most annoying was the lack of free wifi anywhere in the hotel even in the lobby! My room was overlooking queensboro bridge and the traffic noise was very loud. The windows are not sound proof at all. I left this hotel not feeling like I had stayed in a 4 star hotel at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear grenouille77,

Thank you for your valuable and honest feedback about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay fell beyond your expectations. We have converted into a non smoking property almost about 2 months now so it is very surprising for me to hear that there was a hint of smoke while you were here. If you could provide me with your stay details I will be more than happy to further investigate.
Cost for internet access is something we continue to closely evaluate. Our internet is 12.95$ for 24 hrs and when comparing our services to our competitor hotels, we are still relatively low in comparison to most NYC 4 star hotels that also charge this service.

I do apologize that the street noise caused you troubles and how it may have effected your stay. Please do reach out to me next time your travels so we can ensure a most pleasant stay next time your travels bring you to the city.

tucson az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

took my 13 yr old granddaughter to nyc for the first time. this hotel is on the smaller side in terms of no of rooms, and IT HAS A FABULOUS LOCATION!! The rooms were very nice with bathrobes, frig, micro. the folks working there were always very acommodating and anxious to help. we walked everywhere!! it is 2 blocks so of central park and just close to everything.
we even walked to/fro theater and i am from l.a. and would never do this there.
a hint: ask to stay as high as possible and not on the 2nd floor where the outdoor a/c units are located. they are very noisy at night. we were moved to 16, which was perfect.
also: next time i would skip the breakfast included as there are tons of inexpensive places within a block, that offer much more variety & for less $. we did eat dinner at the restaurant twice and it was excellent.

Room Tip: as high as possible! never in the back on the second floor, unless you like alot of noise, all nig...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear tucsonfolks,

Thank you for your great feedback on trip advisor. I am so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you also enjoyed the location. We are definitely in a wonderful neighborhood and which also allows us to offer these amazing views over the east river. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city. Should you require assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I took my wife to New York for her 40th, I'd been recommended the Bentley Hotel by dialaflight rep Marco when i asked for a hotel not amongst the hustle and bustle as my wife is a light sleeper! I had been studying these reviews after booking the hotel, prior to staying, and knowing all these reviews are based on each persons stay, I was quite anxious about the hotel as everyone seemed to be have some sort of bad experience however, I can honestly say we had a fantastic 4 night stay here, having emailed prior to arriving asking for a room with a view and on a high level, due to suggestions on here and it being my wife's 40th and surprisingly we were upgraded to a superior king room - big thank you Mr Gallo!
I would definitely recommend upgrading, the view was fab, room spacious, bed SO comfortable, mini bar/fridge (not used but looked lovely), cleaned/bed made every day, lovely bathroom, air con - switch on/off as u like, iron & umbrella in room came in very handy - only flaw would be the thin walls(!).
The subway is a good 10-15 minute walk away but the street is not as steep as certain people have made it to be.
Hotel staff were friendly, called us taxis several times in the rain, reception staff always greeting and cleaner, well never saw her but rooms were always clean.
We ate breakfast and late snack at Ritz Diner, 2 blocks away, was really nice - plenty of tea and coffee top ups! Pizza takeaway just opposite also wine/beer shop too. We didn't eat at Bentley as restaurant was busy on our arrival but it looked lovely.
Taxis are not that expensive, we regularly used them to and from certain locations as we had attractions booked at certain times, although we used the subway and hop on and off buses aswell.
Taxis from Bentley to Newark Airport is 80 dollars plus a 10 dollar toll charge whereas we caught taxi to Penn Station (would of walked to subway and got to Penn station but our suitcases were very heavy!) which was 15 dollars and then train tickets to Newark Station were 25 dollars for both of our tickets, however these trains run every 45-60 minutes so leave in plenty of time.
Great Stay :)

Room Tip: Request Room With View, On High Floor, (Ours was 2002)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear m00ney,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had a great time in the city. Thank you for your great feedback, we truly appreciate it. I am so glad that you liked your view and the room and I will definitely let my team know about the great experience you had. Comments like this are always very motivating and refreshing. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city. \

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've just returned from a two week stay at The Bentley. This is my second business trip that had me staying at the Bentley for extended periods. I could not be happier with the service and staff. Julian at the lobby bar mixes excellent drinks and makes great use of a small space to make people feel comfortable. Peter is and his staff provided excellent service no matter how small or large a request. Althought the immedidiate area is more residential and off the typical tourist path, it is just a quick walk to midtown and central park. There are dozens of great restaurants with in a two block radius in any direction.
I am a huge germaphobe and, while some of the rooms decor was a bit worn, I've never found a stray hair or "crumbs" anywhere at the Bentley.
When I am back in NYC for personal time, I will certianly be staying at the Bentley!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bridge. The "02's" are great and the higher up the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tara K,

I am so happy to hear that you had an amazing time while staying with us. It is always great to receive such wonderful feedback which is very motivation and refreshing. I will definitely share your comments with my team. Thank you very much for reviewing us. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Utuado, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel advertises views of the East River and 59th Street Bridge ... it may have had the views at one time but no longer. The rooms are very small with only the bare necessities. We brought our own luggage both up to and down from the room - not a big deal but the front desk had told us they would do it. The hotel was clean but disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Virginia C,

Thank you for you for your recent posting on trip advisor, we definitely do appreciate your feedback as it always helps us to improve our standards as well as our level of service. I do apologize that the view of the room did not meet your expectations. It always depends on the room type that was booked. Unfortunately not all of our room types are facing the bridge and river and if this is your preferred view I would recommend booking a Deluxe King or a Junior Suite if you would ever be so kind and join us again.
In regards to the room size kindly note that our average room size is about 250 sq. ft to 300 sq. ft which is quite spacious comparing to a usual New York sized room which is about 150 sq. ft. at other hotels.

Again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your visit to New York.

Please do not hesitate to contact me next time your travels bring you to NYC so I can personally make sure that you are reserved for a room according to your needs.

Esmee K.

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!