“despite slightly strange location,value and views worthwhile” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #225 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Greenville, South Carolina
“despite slightly strange location,value and views worthwhile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

By all means ask for an upper level floor! We were on the 16th so noise not a problem, but the location just off the FDR Drive and traffic exiting Queensboro Bridge directly outside made for a very noisy and busy intersection around the hotel. Also ask for river view! Our king room was rather European in size (no closet even) but nice decor, clean, comfortable and was a good value for midtown Manhattan. There was a pricey minibar in the room, but,,alas, not a coffee maker. the bed was comfortable,though the sheets were a bit too crisp(rather than super soft and silken). The location is a bit off the beaten track (no good restaurants, bars etc. In the immediate area) but taxis are plentiful, buses convenient, and short hike to Lex. Ave. Subway. We had a great deal for our 3nightustay, and it was overall a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: request upper floor---as high as possible--- on east side of hotel.Preferably southeast corner for...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear laura714,

Thank you for your valuable review on trip advisor. I am glad you had a good time and enjoyed the room and the views our property has to offer. I look forward to welcoming you next time when your travels bring you to New York.

Esmee K.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed only one night in The Bently just after New Year. The room is very clean and the location is excellent. It is very easy to walk to the subway and be at any part of NYC in minutes. This is a boutique hotel so décor, colors and overall ambient is fantastic. The front desk was very helpful. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ida32,

Thank you for your kind words on trip advisor. I am glad you have enjoyed your recent stay and we were able to make you feel comfortable. I look forward to welcoming you back soon, let me know if I can be of assistance.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our stay at the Bentley was nice enough - the room was actually quite clean and nice and the location of the hotel was very convenient for our purposes. It was easy to drive in and park (there is a garage around the back of the hotel), but it was also an easy walk to the subway to get to all the places we needed to be.

However, the service definitely left us a bit disappointed. When we arrived, no one greeted us and once we got up to the room we had to call for linens for the pull-out bed (though the room had clearly been booked with the intent of using this). Finally, the day we checked out, we were not offered a receipt and when we requested it, we realized we had been hit with a number of erroneous mini bar charges. We hadn't touched a thing! The staff took care of it, but did not seem apologetic or concerned about it.

All in all, I'd probably give it another chance, but wasn't blown away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mafels,

I appreciate your valuable and honest feedback about your recent stay with us and I am sorry to hear that we were not able to make you feel as comfortable as you should have been. I am however happy that you enjoyed the decor and the area of the hotel. We always strive to offer the best level of customer service and I am disappointed that we were not successful this time. Please feel free to reach out to me personally next time your travels bring you back to New York and I will make sure that all goes well with your future bookings.

Olive Branch, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Cool decor, great service. Comfy room, plenty of space, quiet. Didn't have some of the normal amenities like in-room/lobby coffee or morning newspaper and had a $12.95 wifi charge. But....for the price and still a good location the place was great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear iluvryno,

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate your feedback that you posted on trip advisor. I look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to New York and I am sure you will have a great time again.

Memphis, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Cool decor, great service. Rooms actually had space, rathern modern. Didn't get the 'normal' amenities like in-room coffee, newspaper or lobby coffee but that was ok. There was a charge for wifi but that's expected. Great way to spend less money but still be close to everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear iluvryno23,

Thank you for your great comments about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that everything went well and that you have enjoyed the location. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon once you have plans to come to New York again.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed at the Bentley Hotel between 28th - 31st March 2013 for my daughters 21st birthday. Requested a high room with a view, which we were given. The room was very clean, a decent size and the bed and pillows very comfy. The staff were lovely, very helpful and very professional and looked after us very well. We left something in our room and went back several days later to collect it and it had been bagged up downstairs waiting for us. Very easy to communicate with before, during and after our stay. The hotel was in a great location, far enough out but near enough to walk to the main action. We loved and and will definitely be staying again when we return to NYC! Thank you.

Room Tip: A room high up with a view of the Queensborough Bridge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Pippa 131,

I am so happy to hear that you had a great time and everybody took good care of you. We have a great team of employees and I am glad that you felt the same way. Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I will definitely share your kind words with my staff members to let them know about your great experience. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Kent, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My son and I stayed here recently and we were very disappointed with the location. It took us a good 45 mins to walk to Times Sq where most tour buses etc begin. Room was clean, beds comfy, but it was the small things that annoyed us. For instance there was no free WiFi in the hotel, there was a charge of $13 dollars a day to use this facility. If you used the hotels computers you had to pay a minimum of $3 to use it and they were swallowed up pretty quick. Also the electric sockets in the room where very loose. Was a little worried putting anything in them because the plugs kept coming out! Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear JaciWaltKent,

Thank you for your honest and valuable feedback about your recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. I am dissapointed to hear that we were not able to live up to your expectations this time. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and I will review it accordingly with our executive team. Should you have plans to visit NYC again please reach out to me personally so we can take special care of you.

Esmee K.

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!