“One night business trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #222 of 451 hotels in New York City
usa
“One night business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed only one night in The Bently just after New Year. The room is very clean and the location is excellent. It is very easy to walk to the subway and be at any part of NYC in minutes. This is a boutique hotel so décor, colors and overall ambient is fantastic. The front desk was very helpful. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Ida32,

Thank you for your kind words on trip advisor. I am glad you have enjoyed your recent stay and we were able to make you feel comfortable. I look forward to welcoming you back soon, let me know if I can be of assistance.

1,129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our stay at the Bentley was nice enough - the room was actually quite clean and nice and the location of the hotel was very convenient for our purposes. It was easy to drive in and park (there is a garage around the back of the hotel), but it was also an easy walk to the subway to get to all the places we needed to be.

However, the service definitely left us a bit disappointed. When we arrived, no one greeted us and once we got up to the room we had to call for linens for the pull-out bed (though the room had clearly been booked with the intent of using this). Finally, the day we checked out, we were not offered a receipt and when we requested it, we realized we had been hit with a number of erroneous mini bar charges. We hadn't touched a thing! The staff took care of it, but did not seem apologetic or concerned about it.

All in all, I'd probably give it another chance, but wasn't blown away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mafels,

I appreciate your valuable and honest feedback about your recent stay with us and I am sorry to hear that we were not able to make you feel as comfortable as you should have been. I am however happy that you enjoyed the decor and the area of the hotel. We always strive to offer the best level of customer service and I am disappointed that we were not successful this time. Please feel free to reach out to me personally next time your travels bring you back to New York and I will make sure that all goes well with your future bookings.

Olive Branch, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Cool decor, great service. Comfy room, plenty of space, quiet. Didn't have some of the normal amenities like in-room/lobby coffee or morning newspaper and had a $12.95 wifi charge. But....for the price and still a good location the place was great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear iluvryno,

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate your feedback that you posted on trip advisor. I look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to New York and I am sure you will have a great time again.

Memphis, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Cool decor, great service. Rooms actually had space, rathern modern. Didn't get the 'normal' amenities like in-room coffee, newspaper or lobby coffee but that was ok. There was a charge for wifi but that's expected. Great way to spend less money but still be close to everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear iluvryno23,

Thank you for your great comments about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that everything went well and that you have enjoyed the location. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon once you have plans to come to New York again.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed at the Bentley Hotel between 28th - 31st March 2013 for my daughters 21st birthday. Requested a high room with a view, which we were given. The room was very clean, a decent size and the bed and pillows very comfy. The staff were lovely, very helpful and very professional and looked after us very well. We left something in our room and went back several days later to collect it and it had been bagged up downstairs waiting for us. Very easy to communicate with before, during and after our stay. The hotel was in a great location, far enough out but near enough to walk to the main action. We loved and and will definitely be staying again when we return to NYC! Thank you.

Room Tip: A room high up with a view of the Queensborough Bridge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Pippa 131,

I am so happy to hear that you had a great time and everybody took good care of you. We have a great team of employees and I am glad that you felt the same way. Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I will definitely share your kind words with my staff members to let them know about your great experience. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Kent, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My son and I stayed here recently and we were very disappointed with the location. It took us a good 45 mins to walk to Times Sq where most tour buses etc begin. Room was clean, beds comfy, but it was the small things that annoyed us. For instance there was no free WiFi in the hotel, there was a charge of $13 dollars a day to use this facility. If you used the hotels computers you had to pay a minimum of $3 to use it and they were swallowed up pretty quick. Also the electric sockets in the room where very loose. Was a little worried putting anything in them because the plugs kept coming out! Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear JaciWaltKent,

Thank you for your honest and valuable feedback about your recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. I am dissapointed to hear that we were not able to live up to your expectations this time. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and I will review it accordingly with our executive team. Should you have plans to visit NYC again please reach out to me personally so we can take special care of you.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We booked for the Bentley early Jan 2013 as was a very good price on Holiday genie. I had been to NY twice before and had stayed in the midtown area but the price for the hotel and flight made us book this hotel even though it is upper east side and not in the middle of all the madness..
We did a bit of research after booking the hotel and reviews said was in a nice area... and it really was.
We emailed as soon as we got the hotel confirmation to try to secure a high floor and to upgrade to a junior suite at $50 a night which was sooo worth it...
We printed off our upgrade confirmation which stated a high floor etc as we had read on trip advisor that people had requested the same and not been accommodated.
No warm welcome from the reception staff on our arrival... no hello and welcome to the Bentley... just a "can i help you",, even though we are standing with our cases ... no one to help us in ,, which we didn't mind as it costs an arm and leg in NY to tip..but even the taxi driver was surprised we had to walk ourselves in!
We made our own way to the 18th floor .. room 4 -1804.
and was fantastic... views ... suite ... all great...massive room... tiny wardrobe space..
however we was so thrilled with the room ... all was great from then on in.
The hotel do not supply tea/coffee/kettle facilities so we bought a kettle from Bed Baths and Beyond which is next block away (cost $15 for the kettle)
walk to metro is 15 mins but a nice walk and felt very safe.
No bar till later on in the afternoon at approx 1830... however was more than impressed with Julian the barman whose local knowledge got us to Il vagabondo... ( local Italian restaurant).
Also got to mention Rosa Mexicana for a local vibrant Mexican dinner, it was excellent.... and for breakfast The Ritz dinner the next block up on 62nd
Would we go again...definitely, even though we didn't get the welcome expected we had a brilliant time at the hotel whilst there and the staff (when there and available) were excellent.
Look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Jnr suite for $50 dollars a night and get a high floor away from the sound of traffic...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear starkers1983,

I am happy to hear that overall you had a great stay with us. We appreciate your valuable and honest feedback about your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear however that you did not receive a warm welcome as you should have and would like to apologize for the inconvenience. We always strive to improve our level of customerservice therefore we truly appreciate your review on tripadvisor. Please reach out to me so I can personally take care of you next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Esmee K.

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!