“A real NYC experience: without a kettle or coffee machine” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #226 of 452 hotels in New York City
Vancouver, Canada
“A real NYC experience: without a kettle or coffee machine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our 1 week stay was good as the staff were responsive to questions. The location was great and we got a real feel for the neighborhood. It sucked that there was no kettle or coffee machine as it rained for 2 days during our stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear papyrusTraveller,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your previous stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our team was able to assist you with all your questions and make your stay more enjoyable. In regards to the amenities please be informed that we have items available upon request for you to use throughout your stay, some of them with a small rental fee. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future reservation so I can personally make sure that you have everything you need. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

1,179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was there for a week on February 2013, and it was a very pleasant experience. My room had a microwave and a fridge for me to use, and that was extremely convenient since I was on a budget. The hotel staff, super helpful. I have no complaints and I can recommend it without a doubt.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Travelover2013,

I am happy to hear that were able to accommodate you with all amenities that you needed through out your stay. Thank you for your pleasant feedback. We have an amazing team of employees here at the Bentley and I am so glad that we were able to serve you to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bentley the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We really enjoyed staying at The Bentley. The room was lovely, very comfy and with a lovely view of the city. As I am a photographer, I really enjoy bright rooms when I travel. The rooftop bar is amazing, I really enjoyed the view and atmosphere at this place. I would definitely choose this hotel for my next stay in NYC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Chinichan,

Thank you for your lovely review about your recent stay with us. I am so glad you were happy with the room and the amazing views our hotel has to offer. I am sure you were able to take great panorama pictures. I look forward to welcoming you back if your travels bring you to NYC in future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for assistance.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I were in NYC for an event at the Society of Illustrators, so we chose the Bentley Hotel rather at random based in part on its relative proximity to our event venue. We were thrilled with our choice. I'm all about the view, and the view from our room was spectacular. Our corner room was filled with light, and overlooked the Queensboro Bridge, Roosevelt Island and the funiculars, the East River and an interesting perspective on the skyline. The staff mentioned that the hotel interior had recently been renovated and the resulting ambiance was both funky and chic. Our room was spacious and clean, the staff friendly and accommodating, and the neighborhood lively and engaging (we recommend Felice Wine Bar and restaurant for dinner and the Ritz Diner for breakfast). We had a wonderful experience at the Bentley and would go stay there again in a New York minute.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Peaco T,

I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you some great recommendations while you were here. Please feel free to reach out to me personally should your travels bring you to NYC in future.

Hamilton Ont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in a room with two double beds. Great central location and the rooms have a nice clean and contemporary, but warm design. Baths are small but well appointed. Beautiful lobby!

PROS:
--Chic, comfortable rooms
--Nice, friendly staff
--10-minute jog to Central Park, and the East River running trail is just around the corner from the hotel, so a great location if you want to fit in a morning run during your trip to NY (which you should: it's a great running town!)
--Small fitness room is well-equipped with two treadmills, an elliptical, bike, free weights, medicine balls and Bosu balls
--Lobby has a coffee bar

CONS:
--No room service
--Coffee bar only serves drip coffee, no espresso-based beverages
--No in/out privileges for valet car parking services
--Would be cool if the mini bar had some artisanal/locally made snack foods given the crazy-high prices they charge. We recently stayed at the Affinia Gardens hotel, too, and their potato chips and chocolates are from local purveyors. I don't ind paying $5 for a tiny bag of artisanal chips, but not from grocery store brands.
--Even on the 11th floor, a lot of street noise! First time this has been an issue for us staying in Manhattan too so maybe it is due to the location.

Room Tip: I'm guessing higher floors are quieter...Our 11th floor room facing the corner of 2nd and 42nd w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Yuki_8,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Lovely modern hotel. The bed was AH-MAZ-ING-soft and firm at the same time. The large windows promoted a fabulous city view. The only downside to the windows was the nighttime chill but housekeeping promptly brought me a space heater instead of just more blankets. Convenient enough location. The closest subway is about a 10 minute walk but I felt safe enough to walk the area at night alone.

Room Tip: Get a corner room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear genXbabe,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a great time and enjoyed the views from your room. We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to NYC. Please contact me personally should you need assistance.

Delta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked this hotel over HOTWIRE and were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived in New York. The room was lovely and very clean and the view of the bridge, river and cable car were a treat. We loved the location of the hotel, quiet yet within a few blocks of shopping and restaurants.
Our only negative was the restaurant, which served the absolutely worst dinner I have ever been served. The chicken was so rubbery I couldn't cut it with my knife, all you could taste of the pasta and sauce was burnt. I told the waiter that cleared my plate that it was awful and he didn't even acknowledge this. Another waiter came by and delivered the bill, when I paid and I told him I did not enjoy the food, he told me he would get the manager but after waiting for ten minutes we finally left in disgust. I mentioned this to the front desk staff and they told me the restaurant was
independent of the hotel but they would let them know. I would definitely book a room at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bridge
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear karenorso,

I am happy that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback about the hotel and the restaurant. I do apologize that your visit at the restaurant did not go as planned. Please be assured that I will share your review with the Executive Team of the restaurant. Next time your travels bring you to NYC please feel free to contact me personally so we can take care of you even better.

Esmee K.

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!