“Nice east-side hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #222 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Hamilton Ont
“Nice east-side hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in a room with two double beds. Great central location and the rooms have a nice clean and contemporary, but warm design. Baths are small but well appointed. Beautiful lobby!

PROS:
--Chic, comfortable rooms
--Nice, friendly staff
--10-minute jog to Central Park, and the East River running trail is just around the corner from the hotel, so a great location if you want to fit in a morning run during your trip to NY (which you should: it's a great running town!)
--Small fitness room is well-equipped with two treadmills, an elliptical, bike, free weights, medicine balls and Bosu balls
--Lobby has a coffee bar

CONS:
--No room service
--Coffee bar only serves drip coffee, no espresso-based beverages
--No in/out privileges for valet car parking services
--Would be cool if the mini bar had some artisanal/locally made snack foods given the crazy-high prices they charge. We recently stayed at the Affinia Gardens hotel, too, and their potato chips and chocolates are from local purveyors. I don't ind paying $5 for a tiny bag of artisanal chips, but not from grocery store brands.
--Even on the 11th floor, a lot of street noise! First time this has been an issue for us staying in Manhattan too so maybe it is due to the location.

Room Tip: I'm guessing higher floors are quieter...Our 11th floor room facing the corner of 2nd and 42nd w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Yuki_8,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Esmee K.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Lovely modern hotel. The bed was AH-MAZ-ING-soft and firm at the same time. The large windows promoted a fabulous city view. The only downside to the windows was the nighttime chill but housekeeping promptly brought me a space heater instead of just more blankets. Convenient enough location. The closest subway is about a 10 minute walk but I felt safe enough to walk the area at night alone.

Room Tip: Get a corner room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear genXbabe,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a great time and enjoyed the views from your room. We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to NYC. Please contact me personally should you need assistance.

Delta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked this hotel over HOTWIRE and were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived in New York. The room was lovely and very clean and the view of the bridge, river and cable car were a treat. We loved the location of the hotel, quiet yet within a few blocks of shopping and restaurants.
Our only negative was the restaurant, which served the absolutely worst dinner I have ever been served. The chicken was so rubbery I couldn't cut it with my knife, all you could taste of the pasta and sauce was burnt. I told the waiter that cleared my plate that it was awful and he didn't even acknowledge this. Another waiter came by and delivered the bill, when I paid and I told him I did not enjoy the food, he told me he would get the manager but after waiting for ten minutes we finally left in disgust. I mentioned this to the front desk staff and they told me the restaurant was
independent of the hotel but they would let them know. I would definitely book a room at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bridge
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear karenorso,

I am happy that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback about the hotel and the restaurant. I do apologize that your visit at the restaurant did not go as planned. Please be assured that I will share your review with the Executive Team of the restaurant. Next time your travels bring you to NYC please feel free to contact me personally so we can take care of you even better.

Scottsville, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Snagged a room on Hotwire, and boy were we glad we did! I was liking the decor before we ever got to the room, but when we opened the door, my jaw dropped at the view. It was a corner room (1501) with FANTASTIC views of the Queensboro Bridge, the Roosevelt Island cable car, and the East River. Fabulous place to watch the sunset and sunrise (I did both).

Location is convenient to numerous restaurants and stores supplying other needs. Room was smartly decorated, bed very comfortable, fairly large by NYC standards. Staff was polite and efficient. Yes, charges for in-room items like water are high; the simple solution is not to buy them. (My husband was able to find a liquor store within a couple of blocks where he purchased a bottle of wine for $17. Problem solved!) Valet parking charge of $35 on a par with other hotels in NYC. We didn't use the wifi as, in this day and age, it seems silly to ding people $12.50 for the privilege.

Several reviewers mentioned noise. I can see that this might be an issue, as there was plenty of traffic noise from the bridge, but with the HVAC is turned up to high, you don't really hear the traffic noise at all. On low, you hear it a bit. Bring earplugs if you are sensitive to noise, although to me, traffic noise is more of the "white noise" sort than party noise (which we didn't hear.)

We went up to the bar/restaurant for a nightcap after we dined out, but felt that we were not cool enough to be up there. It was packed, loud, and frankly the view from our room seemed just as good.

This represented an excellent value with the rate we got, and we would definitely stay again. Looks like it would be a convenient location to explore that part of the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Bama77,

I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback about your recent stay. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to New York City. Kindly contact me directly should you need assistance.
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

From the moment we arrived, we were treated like old friends by the staff. Roopesh, Sue, Suzanne, and bartender Julian could not have been more attentive, upgrading us to an excellent room, providing us with birthday cocktails and wonderful ideas for local restaurants and entertainment. Great visit - can't wait to go back!

Dear Suzy M,

Thank you for your great feedback about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear the our team was able to even more enchance your special day. We will definitely share your kind words with all our staffmembers. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any assistance in future.
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at the Bentley in March 2013 because it was the cheapest of the 4-star hotels in manhattan. It was a good 20-30 minute walk to 5th ave and Times Square but we could also take the subway if we wanted (station 10 minutes away). The hotel was great, our room was chilly but once we called the reception they sent someone right away to fix the heater and it was fine after that. The beds were really comfortable and there was no outside noise. The elevators are quite slow to arrive even though there are 3. There are several cafes and restaurants nearby to eat as well. Overall a pleasant stay, would recommend! Especially for the price we got it at!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Ahsan B,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us valuable feedback about your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time. We look forward to welcoming you back here at the Bentley Hotel to make your stay even more enjoyable.
Petaluma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Rupesh, Julian and Sue were fantastic from the minute we walked in. We were upgrade to a corner suite, had free drinks and were treated so well from the minute we stepped out of the cab. Fantastic hotel. Will definitely stay again!!!

Dear Susan H,

Thank you for your great review about your recent stay with us! I am glad that you had a great time. We have a great team and I am happy that we were able to enhance your stay and even make it more enjoyable. Please feel free to reach out to me personally should you have future plans to travel to New York City.

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!