I can't decide whether to give this hotel a review of Average or Poor. That the rooms are cramped is fine - it's NYC. The view of the bridge if you have one is fantastic, and I found the beds comfortable (even though they seem to have something against fitted sheets). Our experience was that the reception-area staff was very friendly and sweet.
It's very bare bones: no microwave, no complimentary coffee or tea, wifi isn't free (you pay per computer, not per room), the tv reception is kind of sketchy, no fridge space (we had to take out the full bar to be able to refrigerate snacks), the walls are thin (you hear people having sex, arguing, etc.) it's probably a decent bet if you can get a good price with a coupon for just staying here while you go out and live it up in the city, but not if you are planning to go to a hotel to be pampered.
There are some things that are unacceptable though:
- little-to-no hot water. Be prepared to take lukewarm showers and baths. Also, our tub didn't drain - as I waited for the water to go from freezing to warmish, my feet sat in 5 inches of freezing water
- there is no way to close the shower - no curtain, no sliding door. So not only does all the precious steam escape, but there's water all over the floor.
- the cleaning services for the common area is poor. They leave bags of trash in the hallways while they are cleaning other floors. The first morning we were there, the room next door had had a really huge loud party (until 3am), and we found a condom and then its wrapper ripped up throughout the hallway. It was very gross, and once we alerted the concierge, it took them over 30 minutes to send someone up to pick it up. Meanwhile, families with children were leaving and had to walk over the condom with their children.
- Also Known As:
- Bentley Hotel New York
- Bentley Hotel
- Bentley Hotel Nyc
- Bentley Hotel New York City
- Bentley New York City
- Bentley Hotel Ny
- Hotel Bentley New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Manhattan's Upper East Side - Hotel features panoramic views of Manhattan skyline, East River and the renowned, 59th St Bridge Be sure to have dinner and/or a cocktail in Prime at The Bentley restaurant. The kosher, continental menu features many great dishes that will not disappoint! Open Sunday - Thursday, 5:30pm - 10:30pm and Saturday, after sun-down, until 12:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Bentley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.