“Hidden jewel on the East side!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #228 of 449 hotels in New York City
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Hidden jewel on the East side!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great boutique hotel nestled on the upper east side. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are always clean and the bed and pillows are comfy. The rooms happen to be a nice size for Manhattan standards. They have a wonderful rooftop restaurant with beautiful views of the 59th street bridge. Wonderful for dinner or just drinks and appetizers. I have stayed here several times this year and will continue to use this hotel as my base when I am in Manhattan.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
GeneralManager_1231, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear JasCon1211,

As the General Manager of the Bentley I am so pleased to hear that our staff and location exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bentley in ther near future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

1,155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Easley, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

So here's the thing..... One would expect wash clothes and towels to be a basic item you would receive with your room. Not here. Every night of our stay we have called for towels to accommodate..... So far tonight.......we have waited over two hours.........still waiting with a promise of towels/wash clothes to come......... Maybe by shower time tomorrow we may have them!!!!!!! BYOT!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Missy R,

Thank you for taking hte time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced inreceiving towels during your stay. Unfortunately, the company we utilize to launder our linen and terry had challenges with their machinery over the weekend and affected our ability to appropriately service our rooms. Please be assured this was a unique situation that has since been resolved. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Bentley the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Willow Street, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was our first visit to the Bentley. We chose it because of the TripAdvisor reviews and the attractive price (for NYC standards). We were warmly greeted by the doorman as we got out of our cab. The staff at the front desk was friendly and efficient. We were pleasantly surprised to be told that we received a complimentary upgrade to a suite. Our suite was on the corner so we had a phenomenal view of 2 directions thru the windows that went across the entire wall of each room. The rooms were nicely furnished and very clean. The king size bed was one of the better beds we have slept in any hotel. Each room had its own a.c. control which is a plus. Check out was brisk, courteous, and friendly. The Bentley is in a great location for travel throughout Manhattan. The Bentley certainly made our Thanksgiving day stay in NYC a pleasure. No doubt, we will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Alan17584,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed THanksgiving at the Bentley! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed at the Bentley from Nov. 13-16 on a few days vacation. I had already asked for a highler floor
as the tripadvisor guest spoke of and also requested a view of the bridge/water. I was given a room on the 14th floor and the view was spectacular. The room size was, contrary to opionion on here, very large. I liked that the hotel was off the beaten path but 62nd and York, unfortunately is a long walk
to the subway UPHILL! The bus from lower Manhattan is an express bus and will put you four or five blocks from the hotel on 1st avenue.
The hotel was just recovering from Sandy and the receptionist at the desk insisted there was no internet. However, I was able to get it from my computer and hot spot so I don't know if that was true.

The nasty part of the whole stay was the ice issue. I was told if I wanted ice I would have to wait in the lobby for the bellman to fetch it for me or have it come up to my room as there were no ice machines.
However, if I wanted a coke there was a coke machine off the lobby with cans for a dollar.
I also had dry cleaning delivered from a local cleaners which I tried to retireve when I came back from my day only to be told they weren't delivered. The cleaners said they were. I was informed that the bellman would deliver them to my room in a few hours. After insisting I have them now they brought them up.
All this for tips?? Really.

At any rate, I would stay at the Bentley again as my room was so beautiful, clean, comfortable and even had a chair and ottoman to sit and soak up the gorgeous view.

Room Tip: upper floor overlooking Queensboro Bridge Every room has paper thin walls so you might bring earplu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear newtosouthamerica,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feeback. As the General Manager I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the Bentley. Please be assured our staff is committed to providing the highest levels service and want to ensure they take care of all guest requests including ice deliveries. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Bentley in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We booked into The Bentley for 5 days to celebrate our honeymoon. The journey from JFK wasnt too bad (approx half hr during rush hour) and our initial impressions were very good. The lobby was very attractive and the staff were very helpful. We stayed in a room on the 11th floor which was lovely and had 2 very large beds! We had a very good nights sleep the whole time we were there.

The view was exactly how we imagined New York to be with a view of tall buildings one side and the river and Roosevelt Island on the other- very nice.

We were able to walk to eveywhere which was quite handy. Bloomingdales and Central Park only a few blocks away. There were plenty of places to eat and drink within the vicinity.

The only negative we had was that because the hotel is next to the FDR there was a lot of traffic noise, but then thats probably the same wherever you stay in NYC. Once we'd got used to it it was fine.

The rooftop bar and restaurant on the 21st floor is stunning. We went up one night and had cocktails on the veranda which was quite romantic. Stunning views!

Although the hotel charges for Wi-fi we roamed and managed to find access to someone elses which wasnt password protected and was on all the time! Definitely recommend trying to get away with that one!

We would quite likely stay here again if we ever get the chance to go back to New York.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a river view and higher up- might be less traffic noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear beepbeepwales,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Well I stayed in this hotel and my mother, Elizabeth Whitman clogged the toilet. It was about 12 inches and very circumstantial. We did not get a plunger up to our room for 2 hours and the whole room smelled like rotten eggs. But nice hotel definitely come

• Stayed November 2012
Los Angeles, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here during hurricane sandy. The staff was extremely nice and helpful even during a hectic time. The one down side was we were told the restaurant was open until 11 and when we arrived at 1045 we were refused service.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Elizaboo182,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. As the General Manager I am so pleased to hear that you found our staff to be helpful during Hurricane Sandy. Please be assured I will share your feeback regarding the restaurant with their GM to respond accordingly. We do hope to welcome you back soon - preferrably when the weather is a bit more cooperative!

Jennifer Baldwin

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!