“Bentley Hotel, NYC, Sept 24-28, 2012” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #228 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Toronto
“Bentley Hotel, NYC, Sept 24-28, 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Thank you for making our stay at The Bentley so special.

We loved our room. (1508) The staff were excellent, helped us with restaurant reservations,
Hop on/off bus information, theater reservations, brought ice to our room, hailed cabs
for us. They were all friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed the breakfast on the 2nd floor @ $12.00 per person each morning.
The staff was attentive, replacing fresh coffee, items, clearing the tables.

We will recommend this hotel to family & friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_1231, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Carmela,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Jennifer Baldwin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as there was a rate offered in connection with a family wedding. The wedding rate was not significantly better than the weekend rate offered at much nicer hotels in Manhattan and we have stayed in many of them. The room was small. There is no room service, though this may be temporary, as their restaurant is currently closed. We were greeted at reception by a woman who was on the telephone and interrupted her call to advise: "If you're checking in, I need ID and a credit card." I was informed by other family members that they received the same "welcome." And that was the tone of the entire visit. There is no service at this hotel. Extra towels means they gave us 3 instead of the apparently standard 2. The carpets haven't been cleaned in a very long time. The window blinds do nothing to keep the rising sun out of the room, because they don't actually fit. The wait for an elevator is extreme. There are plenty of other better choices in Manhattan. This place has a motel feel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_1231, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear AJGInPhilly,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on your most recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. As the new General Manager of the property I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the experience you had upon arriving to the Hotel. Please be assured I have already addressed your concerns with our Director of Front Office to address with our Guest Service Agents. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Bentley the next time your travels bring you to NYC. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at the Hotel if I may be of any future assistance.

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had never heard of The Bentley, but because of my need to stay on the east side of NewYorkCity I found the hotel on Google. Let me start by saying that my usual hotels ( I travel for business ) are either the Four Seasons or St Regis. The personalized service at the Bentley is on par with the best of the best in NYC. My extended stay, over two weeks, was one of the most pleasurable stays I have had in NYC. While the hotel is not "mid-town", a short walk to 1st avenue has every imaginable cuisine one could ask for. A short walk, cab or bus ride takes you anywhere you want to be in NYC. The rooms are spacious and clean, with a Euro/SouthBeach feel...my particular room had a seperate bedroom that was large and spacious. If you are looking for amazing service that is worth double the price then the Bentley is for you....a must try. The two managers I dealt with, or should I say always dealt with me by asking if there was anything they could for me, were Brett and Peter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManager_1231, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Paul M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. As the new General Manager of the property, I couldn't agree more that we are a "Hidden Gem" on the East Sde of NYC! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to sharing your feedback with Brett and Peter. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bentley Hotel the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We always like to find a room with a view. Rooms overlooking Central Park are crazy expensive.

However, the Bentley offers stunning views over the Queensborough Bridge and the East River. We arrived after dark, and gasped when we saw the view.

It is very easy to walk from here to Central Park, downtown Manhattan and all places of interest.
It is a few years since we stayed here, but will be booking in for a trip to NY next year - one of our top five best rooms ever!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Bridge
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_1231, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Vivien Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your most recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. As the new General Manager of the Bentley, I have to agree that our views are incredible! We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I may be of any further assistance.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and had a lovely time. The rooms are spacious and quiet and the bed is super comfortable. The staff are all really helpful. The only reason I didn't give them the highest rating is that they are located a little far from the subway. Otherwise a fabulous hotel that takes good care of their clients.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager_1231, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear ScooterTiger,

Thnank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Bentley Hotel. As the General Manager of the Hotel, I am so pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and our staff to be helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bentley the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Taipei
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

the hotel is in good location and the room is nice, but the front desk service is terrible, unfriendly and impatient. we booked 2 Aqua view room, and they putted one of our room in different room type, so I asked them to change our room to what we booked before, the front desk lady just told me I have to wait until next morning and bring my luggage to lobby wait, and they can't guarantee I will have room or not..........and the lady is totally not helpful with my other question.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear YangCheng,

As the new General Manager of the Bentley Hotel I would like to thank you for providinig us with your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and well appointed rooms but am disappointed to hear of your challenges with securing a room with a view. Please be assured I will address your concerns with our Front Office team and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at the Bentley if I may be of any assistance in the future. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Annemasse, Rhone-Alpes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

e carvery nice hotel,very clean, rooms have all you need (rerfigerator LED TV, dock for iphone, ironing board,umbrella,...and so on.
Staff very sympatic and available.
Bed are very confortable !!!
May be a little problem, underground is 15 minutes walk, but for us , in holydays not really embarrassing.
You have car (Roosvelt Island) at 2 streets, very fine !!!

Régine & Jean-Marc

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_1231, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Jean Marc C,

As the new General Manager of the Bentley Hotel, I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. Our new restaurant is opening at the end of September and we do hope to have you come back to experience it! Please do not hesitate to contac me directly if I may be of any further assistance.

Jennifer Baldwin

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!