“Very pleased” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley Hotel

You added The Bentley Hotel to your Saves list
The Bentley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 East 62nd Street, Between York Ave and FDR Drive, New York City, NY 10065 (Upper East Side)   |
Ranked #253 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Montville, New Jersey
“Very pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband was unexpectedly admitted to MSK Hospital and I wasn't totally prepared to stay in NY. The staff was so helpful and even upgraded my room to a suite because I came in late in the evening and they understood that I'd had a difficult day. I've stayed at the Bentely before in similar circumstances and they are always polite and accommodating. This made a difficult day easier.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled on business

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was disappointed in the attitude presented from the manager on reception when I raised an issue of an iron staining two of my white shirts.
The initial response was to challenge me on "how do we know they weren't like that before". I had just arrived from Scotland, my first day in the hotel and the presumption was that I was on some elaborate shirt dwindling scheme in the hotel???
I invited the manager to use the iron, which she declined but said that someone would investigate.
The iron had disappeared upon my return to the room in the evening and then a new one reappear the following day (or day after). No comments were left regarding the problem and nothing advised when I raised the challenge again when leaving the hotel - I had stayed for 5 days.

A simple apology and offer to dry clean the shirt, whilst the problem was investigated was all that was required.

• Stayed November 2015, traveled with friends

Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Upon arrival, was given key to occupied room and had embarrassing encounter.
Got super noisy room on York avenue. AC was so loud couldn't sleep.
Room was poorly designed and very impractical
Had to wait 10 mn for hot water in the morning
Will never return here

• Stayed February 2016, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

West Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I haven't slept that well in a long time. The hot water in the shower took a long time to get hot. The view of the river was incredible. The price wasn't too expensive, and I fee like I got a lot for what I paid.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple

Greenport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great value and near many places to grab a bite. Only reason I did not give 5 stars, we had a problem with lights in bathroom, but did not call for service. All personal in this hotel are very helpful and there is parking under the hotel at reduced rate.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled with family

Eatontown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I checked into the Bentley on 15 January for three days. I arrived just before the big snowstorm of 15 - 16 January. This was my third stay at the Bentley in 6 months and as usual I was impressed with the friendliness and courtesy of the front desk staff and the bellmen. My room was small but clean and up to date. My only complaint is that The Bentley includes very few amenities with their basic room rate. There was no coffee service in my room this time and when I did have one on my previous stay they charged me for using it. Also, WiFi was an extra charge. The closest subway station is on Lexington but crosstown busses stop just across the street. Nice local restaurants of all types one block away on First Avenue. The hotel also has convenient parking with a very reasonable (for NYC) parking rate. I was surprised when the lobby bar ran out of all beers except Coors on Friday and Saturday night.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Front desk friendly and helpful. Lis and Lorena were very helpful. They helped me save some money by letting me know that I could pay for my parked vehicle at check out, which saved me about 50%. Parking directly under the Bentley Hotel was convenient too. Clean rooms.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled on business