“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO New York City

You added NYLO New York City to your Saves list
NYLO New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2178 Broadway, 222 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Formerly On The Ave Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #77 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Great falls
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Room is nice, a little small--but that's par for NYC. Small foot rugs at side of bed need serious cleaning. Otherwise clean and nice room and bathroom. Loud sound from air vent. Quiet when turned off. Great upper west side location. Breakfast served in connecting restaurant. Food served in lobby only after 11 am.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Jerusalem, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

All and all it is a nice hotel, the service was good and the rooms (I saw 4 different types of rooms) are pleasant and clean. The location is good though I would seriously stay away from the 77st side - there is very noisy construction site - if you intend to sleep late - forget about it.
One flaw is the maintenance level - one room had a busted door, the other a broken shower door - not expected from a trendy hotel that was not too long ago renovated.

I came for a three nights stay. Asked for a higher floor and a king sized bed. When I got to the hotel I was offered a room on the second floor. When I requested a higher floor the lady at the front desk was very helpful and gave me a room on the eighth floor, to my disappointment it did not have a king size bed but I was late for an occasion and did not have time to ask (again) to switch my room. I received a double room with queen sized bed and my legs were sticking out from the mattress (I am 6' 5'' tall). The next morning, when I asked to be moved to a room with a king sized bed I got great service and was immediately moved to very nice room with a king sized bed. Because I booked 2 nights and had to extend my stay to one more night I had to be moved again (the room I stayed in was already booked) - I was moved to a room with a kinged sized bed but with a crooked and half broken front door, again I had to request a different room. The shift manager apologized for the inconvenience and for compensation gave me an upgrade to a deluxe room. A very nice room with a king sized bed. Unfortunately the shower door was half broken, did not shut down and the whole bathroom floor was wet after every shower.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 77st side - construction site. Also a higher floor is more quiet
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Had a fabulous time with my people over Christmas at NYLO NYC! The rooms are super comfy, and oh so stylish! The staff is sublime. The location is more than perfect - shops, restaurants, Westside Market and parks just two blocks either side (great squirrel chasing in Riverside Park!). And the special bag of goodies just for me.....what can I say, I'm fabulous and I deserve it! Run, do not walk to get your people to book at NYLO NYC!

Room Tip: All great.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The positives: a sweet, funky, local bar with friendly staff, decent drinks and okay appetizers. Restaurant attached to the hotel makes a handy place for a delicious breakfast. The bed and pillows were compfy, though the fitted sheet did not quite fit the mattress, actually it was short by 10". The nightly price is very reasonable. The not so positives: the bathroom tub was old and chipped, the hanging sink left no place for my stuff and the narrow shelf opposite wasn't adequate for storing anything. I mean, what's a girl to do? A magnified mirror is not provided (I hate that) and no robe or towel hooks anywhere - just a towel rod, filled with four bath towels, hand towels. The hallway was filled with cleaning carts, vacuum cleaners, and leftover magazines on the hallway window sill that never moved during my three night stay. It looks messy. The cleaning people missed a couple things in my room but to be fair, after I called the front desk, it was taken care of within 10 minutes. Thin walls make for a noisy morning as well - bring your ear plugs!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Kittery Point, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The NYLO is a good value in a good location, with friendly service and nice rooms. Though our room had a view of brick walls facing it, it was very quiet. The bed was comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. An easy walk to good restaurants, nice shops and plenty of people watching, for a lower priced NYC hotel, you won't go wrong. There's a Serafina restaurant in it that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as a bar and good lobby area. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 11th floor was very quiet and room 1121 is tucked away in a corner, so there was no noise.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv District, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Love the location. Its a cool hotel. Try to get a penthouse at the top. 1505 was really a great room. View is typical upper west inc some hudson. Highly recommended. Large rooms and great value

They take dogs and that really great. I will definitely go back

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
GM-NYLO-NYC01, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Shaischiller,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product and services. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,

Mark Miller
Longboat Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Recently in NYC for a business trip and couldn’t have had a better experience while staying at NYLO NYC. Quaint boutique hotel, amazing staff…did I say amazing staff?!?!? Most comfortable bed and clean room. Thank you NYLO NYC!

Room Tip: Junior suite is fabulous! Was on 2nd floor and it was terrific.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to NYLO New York City? Share your experiences!