“Adored this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO New York City

You added NYLO New York City to your Saves list
NYLO New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2178 Broadway, 222 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Formerly On The Ave Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Rate
TripAdvisor Fans Special
Ranked #69 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Rochester, Minnesota
“Adored this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed here with a friend at the end of September. I can't say enough how happy I was with it! I felt that the price was fair for the location, and gave us a good place to explore the city. Staff was very helpful and kind (and rather good looking I must say), the bar and lounge was great, bed was comfortable, clean rooms/lobby, right by a CVS.. So many great qualities. I didn't have any problems with the elevator like reviews I read before staying here. I can't wait for my next excuse to go to NYC and stay at NYLO again!

• Stayed September 2014
GM-NYLO-NYC01, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Megan S,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am happy to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC! The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Mark Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Palo Alto, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great Upper West Side hotel. Room was well-thought-out with bedside receptacles, shelves accessible from sink and shower (so I didn't forget my shampoo), several night lighting options (so I could find my way to the bathroom without disturbing my roommate), blackout drapes, space for two suitcases. Bed comfortable, linens very nice and plentiful. Lobby staff and doormen very friendly. Lobby bar surprisingly quiet noise-wise but congenial and welcoming. NFC cardkeys are very secure. It's the top of my list of places to stay when I visit my family on the UWS.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jonathan S,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stay here several times a year as our daughter lives on the Upper West Side and there aren't that many hotels near her. We always book a room on the top floors - they have beautiful views and outdoor patios - a nice addition. Most of the rooms are fairly roomy as well. The location is perfect - a few blocks east to Central Park. A few blocks west to Riverside Park. Zabars is up the street and our favorite New York restaurant, Red Farm, is in the building! Lincoln Center and mid-town are an easy walk, as are the museums through the park. The new renovation adding a bar and more lobby seating is great as well. The staff has always been wonderful. One complaint would be the iffy internet service although for our last stay it seemed much improved and we were handed a card with a code so were not charged for it. (Hoping that is something they will continue to do.) The beds are very comfortable, linens good quality. Not crazy about the new decor and cabinets for clothes, though. We also miss having a refrigerator in the room for our Zabar's purchases! The addition of the room safes is great. The rates do vary greatly. I try to wait to see if there is a discount before booking. If you have specific dates, prepaying can save some money, too.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend the rooms on floors 14 - 16. Most have great views and outside patios.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Happy1219,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your wonderful note on the hotel's services, the product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

If and when you do return to NYLO NYC, please be advised refrigerators are available upon request on a first come first serve basis. We provide this amenity complimentary so they are limited. The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Prepaid for a 6 night stay over Thanksgiving and had a wonderful experience. We had a party of 2 moms and 2 daughters and stayed in a double room. The room was European style in size, but updated, and there was more than enough space for our luggage and clothing. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was clean, spacious, and updated. The hotel is located in a quiet location, with Central Park a 5 minute walk, and the Metro one block away. CVS is across the street, so picking up small items is not a problem. I loved leaving the craziness of the tourist areas and arriving in a quiet, safe neighborhood in the evenings. I will definitely return to NYLO on my next NYC visit.

Room Tip: There isn't a "room with a view" due to the location. There is a fire station across t...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear BlackPiranha,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I write many reviews and sing the praises of the hospitality industry, amenities and service. My experience at the NYLO was shockingly bad. Here is how I answered their survey -
If you would like to be treated like an inmate entering prison, this is the spot for you. It was a disaster from the moment I encountered the unyielding employees at registration.
I was prepaid thru Orbitz with confirmation in hand, I have stayed at the hotel before and yet the employee was reluctant to look for my past stays because it exceeded a year. And the GM who ultimately makes the final decision just shook his head after 15 minutes of deliberation. A huge wasted hour. Calls to Orbitz ensued. The fault lies solely with the NYLO.
My husband wasn't at my side (he would arrive a few hours later) and with my credit card, his credit card and every piece of identification possible, I was not allowed to have my room. Oh yes, my son and his wife were registering at the same time and that didn't matter either. Never never never more. By the way, if you happen to be a large framed person you will not fit in the bathroom which was dirty. On a positive note, the bar and lounge is nice.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just checked out after a three night stay. Stayed here after recommended by my daughter, a Manhattan resident. . Five stars across the board:

1. Perfect location away from the Midtown madness. Great shopping and dining right outside your door. Try the French bakery - tres magnifique! Also Isabella!s nearby is wonderful. CVS literally across the street and a food market equally close.
2. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable.
3. Every staff member that i interacted with was fabulous. Helpful, courteous and welcoming.

I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Of course, this is NYC so ask for a high floor and facing back or side street if you are a light sle...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear Florida T,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am pleased to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC! The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here 2 nights for a midweek NYC getaway. Check-in was a breeze and the lobby area was lively with several seating/drinking areas as well as a concierge. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Housekeeping did a wonderful job in our room on the 14th floor. The room had a beautiful terrace with a table and chairs, as well as a separate chaise and easy chair with table. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate. Decor was modern and edgy, there was a tremendous amount of storage in the room with a large double closet as well as the various cabinets throughout the room. I look forward to another stay at NYLO NYC!

Room Tip: A terrace room on one of the upper levels would be a nice addition to your spring, summer or fall st...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-NYLO-NYC01, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear AAEN,

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Mark Miller

Been to NYLO New York City? Share your experiences!