“Location, room, service--all terrific!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO New York City

You added NYLO New York City to your Saves list
NYLO New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2178 Broadway, 222 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Formerly On The Ave Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Rate
TripAdvisor Fans Special
Ranked #64 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Location, room, service--all terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

What a wonderful surprise--this hotel is a gem. I had an unexpected delay--and the front desk supervisor was so helpful--when I finally arrived at 3 AM! The other staff members were also incredibly helpful and I was amazed by the accommodations--attractive and well maintained, the hotel is a welcome addition to Manhattan's Upper West Side.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at NYLO last week. The beds were incredibly comfortable, the rooms were beautifully furnished, very clean and reasonably spacious - it is New York after all! The staff were very accommodating of our party of six (my husband and I, my mother and our three young children) - I made the mistake of booking two double rooms which weren't interconnecting and despite the hotel being fully booked we were able to adjust our reservation so that we were in adjoining rooms - this in itself made our lives so much easier!

The hotel is in a fantastic location close to the subway which made moving around the city a breeze (my husband and son made the last minute decision to check out The Empire State Bld and were down and back within 45 minutes!)

If we return to New York, I will definitely return to NYLO for it's beautiful accommodation, friendly staff and affordability.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children, make sure to ask for interconnecting rooms.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Severn, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I recently stayed here and I have to say out of ALL of the hotels I have ever stayed at, this one was one of the best. I had a bit of trouble with my reservation when I got in, but it was fixed. The rooms were nice, bed was comfortable as well. There was no fridge or microwave which was the only reason I gave it 4 stars. The lobby is nicely done and very chic with an old time feel. The jazz singer on Monday night was fantastic! Sounded so much like Billie Holiday and the band was great as well. The staff was super friendly and even after the bar was closed they still let us have a beer to take to our room! All in all this will be my first choice when I stay in NYC. In addition, the location is great as well and in walking distance of good resturaunts, bars, stores, subway and AMC thearter! A MUST place to stay!!! :)

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and it was a great experience. The staff at NYLO are so accommodating and pleasant. Tasha at the front desk helped us with our reservations and made us feel so special. Roberto the bar tender made me a great non-alcoholic drink accommodating my needs. The Lounges in the Lobby are excellent. TV's for your viewing pleasure and the seating is comfortable. We didn't visit the outdoor deck on the 16th floor because it was a bit too chilly for us to do in November. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a view floors above 10 and facing South are recommended.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-NYLO-NYC01, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Jennifer B,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff especially regarding Tasha and Roberto. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Greenlawn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Recently stayed at the NYLO NYC, nice room if a but small ( its manahattan you expect a little small) very clean, great showers and towels! Bed was super comfortable. They do nit have any movies to rent however or a large selection of channels, which after an entire day bouncing around manhattan me and my girlfriend wanted to wind down and couldnt find a single thing to watch. Overall good experience though, bar and lounge area are both awesome and the prices arent bad for the area. And the doorman ran all the way down the block to get us a cab. I would absolutely stay again

• Stayed November 2014
Dear LostDave,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. Thank you for your wonderful note on the hotel's services and product. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am happy to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC! The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here recently for 6 nights in a Deluxe King room. Not the best view at all however the best bed's in NYC. Room was spacious, clean and modern, cool atmosphere in the bar area (didn't use it but passed by every night) and nice staff. Main two things it is lacking in my opinion would be a mini bar and room service however the 24 hour CVS opposite was very hand. Overall I liked it and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
GM-NYLO-NYC01, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Yelim J,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful note on the hotel's services and product. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here the weekend of Oct. 31- Nov. 4 as I was competing in the marathon. Location was perfect for race as finish line was literally 2 block visit from hotel and my sweetie could walk up to meet me no problem. Easy access to subway to get ferry to start or if you picked bus it was right around the corner from hotel. Close to Museum of Natural History, CVS across the street was perfect for misc. items and plenty of grocery, restaurants, bars on Columbus and Broadway to choose from. Beds were fantastic, we liked the wooden floors, and showers were large with plenty of hot water. We were given free drink vouchers as this was our first time staying and a special trip for us as a couple. However, we did have to call to front desk to get those as they were not given to us at checki-in as promised. We requested an upper floor and were glad we had one. After reading other reviews of this hotel, we went up to the 14th floor and it was a spectacular view and very quiet. We both really liked that but did not see any advertising or suggestion by front desk of any happenings going on there and if not for other reviewers, might have missed this. Rooms were cleaned every day and we both enjoyed the bar-Local very much. This is a fabulous hotel and if you are going to run the marathon, a perfect place to stay.
When we left we used the hotel limo and it was wonderful. We got to airport in record time and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Choose an upper level floor. Wifi is free in lobby if you need it.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DandK611,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your wonderful note on the hotel's services and product. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Mark Miller

Been to NYLO New York City? Share your experiences!