“Great service, room, nice area, great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO New York City

Save Saved
You added NYLO New York City to your Saves list
NYLO New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2178 Broadway, 222 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Formerly On The Ave Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Rate
TripAdvisor Fans Special
Ranked #58 of 452 hotels in New York City
“Great service, room, nice area, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed 3 nights in July/August, and had a good stay here. I chose it based on a combination of location, reviews and price.

Room was good, had decent size, comfortable bed, work desk and chair. Wifi worked good for me. Unfortunately I had a backyard view, so recommend buying a room with a view.
A/C worked fine, but was quite noisy. Otherwise my room on 11th floor was very quiet.

Staff was very helpful, reception was generally well-staffed, no waiting time.

Hotel location was very good to be uptown. Two subway stations nearby, the express trains in 72th street are non-stop to Times Square, which was very convenient. And with location on Broadway, there were many shops, restaurants nearby and easy to hail a cab. The CVS on the other side of the street was really convenient too.

The hotel location just a few blocks from Central Park on the east side and the parks along Hudson on the west side made this location perfect for some morning jogging, which really was a good way to start my day.

A special thanks to security for helping me out when I forgot some belongings when leaving, securing it, and packaging, so I could order pickup/delivery back to my home where it arrived in good order.

Will definitely consider staying again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

741 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Clinton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We found NYLO while googling around trying to find a hotel that was not outrageously priced for a one night stay on the upper west side of Manhattan. This is it! Great service and the most comfortable hotel bed I ever slept in. Be sure to ask where to click when making reservations - they have all kinds of upgrades and bonuses (a free cocktail for liking on FB!) and AAA discounts. Check out West Side Grocery across the street for snacks - amazing! The staff made our stay so fun. And be sure to check out the outdoor patios on the 14th and 16th floors - beautiful views!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Saint Denis, Reunion Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

nice location in Upper West Side ; very nice design ; we feel right in NYC ; everyone was helpful and friendly ; very nice terrace with breathtaking view for a drink and meet hotel guests Avoid breakfast at Seraphina restaurant wich is poor

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We brought my Mom to NYC for a visit, since it's one of the cities on her list to see... Hotel was average. Really nothing special. Rooms are small, bathrooms even smaller and for a 4 star hotel not very well appointed. There is a huge difference between an Industrial feel and plainly cheap. Air conditioning was extremely noisy!
And no room service?

Nothing I liked or disliked. Just plain "meh"

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, get a room away from Broadway. Rooms away from the main street are very...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family stayed here unexpectedly at the end of July. We actually live on the Upper West Side, but had apt rennovations that ran long and we needed a place to stay. We had no expectations of actually enjoying being displaced, but this hotel made us feel like we were on a mini-vacation. To start, we were met at the door by Robert, who was of great support to us for the duration of our stay. Our 7 year old daugher is physically disabled, and uses a power wheelchair. The hotel's entrance has stairs, and the wheelchair lift was out of order - crisis!! But Robert immediately took us around to the service entrance, and although it was clearly NOT meant for the public, he made my daughter feel like she was a VIP having to avoid paparazzi. He turned what could have been a very uncomfortable and sad moment into a memorable plus. Very impressive. The great service experience continued at the front desk, where despite the fact that were clearly not dressed to impress, and basically had thrown our "luggage" into shopping bags, we were made to feel as welcome special guests. I am sorry I did not get the names of the front desk staff - all were very cheerful and helpful.

The accommodations themselves were modern and spacious. Very well maintained, and with high quality bedding and linen. The lighting gave off great ambiance, and although we knew the hotel was full, we never heard a peep from any neighbor on our floor. We had planned to go out for dinner, but ended up ordering in so we could enjoy the room!! The next day we visited the terrace upstairs, which had wonderful views and a great seating area to enjoy it. That night, there was a wonderful crowd in the lobby bar area, with live music and an energetic atmosphere.

I have raved about the hotel since we were there. I hope all that are able experience it, leave feeling the same way we did.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights in july. The decor in the place is cool and has a bit of a rocker vibe. But the whole place is pretty small and tight. Our room was very small and yes I know we are in NYC but i had just stayed earlier that week at the Hilton Garden Inn on 54th and 8th and that place was bigger! Anyways the dark grey stone in the bathroom does not make me feel like it is clean..the beds were comfy but for two of us we have to squeeze by each other to go to the bathroom. So basically of you are not on the bed u are in way. They have k-cup coffee makers in the room so that was great. The hotel is attached to Serefina's Italian restaurant and the food there is great!. On the up side the upper west side neighborhood is a great "quiet" place. Plenty of shopping a few blocks away and most importantly Central Park is close by and you end up kind of in the middle and can walk straight across CP and get to the MET quite easily.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear pamvelez1,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay regarding the configuration of your room and bathroom. We have shared your review with our entire team and they are being addressed properly. I am pleased to note that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and dining in Serafina restaurant.

I hope that you would give us the opportunity to make this up to you in the future. We look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Warm Regards,

Eugenia Simons
Reston, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had been to this hotel countless times in its former incarnation as On-the-Ave; while I always liked OTA, this is a huge upgrade and made for a great stay. Great accommodations, location, staff. Would recommend for business or personal travel. Upper West Side is a great part of NYC to explore, and has great access to the rest of the city

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Daniel1124,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services and product. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,

Eugenia Simons

Been to NYLO New York City? Share your experiences!