“Great Place to Stay on the Upper West Side” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO New York City

You added NYLO New York City to your Saves list
NYLO New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2178 Broadway, 222 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Formerly On The Ave Hotel) (Upper West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
TripAdvisor Fans Save 10%
Ranked #102 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aventura, Florida
“Great Place to Stay on the Upper West Side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Have stayed at the NYLO Hotel in New York City several times, last time being last week and have always been very well treated and have been upgraded to a better and bigger room because I have stayed there several times and the staff is so very friendly and the rooms are comfortable, though the bathroom is slightly small. The A/C is very affective and the shower head is good and strong and the maid service was very exceptional. Because I have family living on the upper West Side of Manhattan this hotel is a natural for me and close to everything including the bus and subway. A nice touch that they do is to leave two bottles of water every night in the room which is very much appreciated. I would stay here again every time I come to New York City.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise and stay away from the Broadway corner.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Linda S,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Loved this hotel - beautifully designed, it's a small room but so well detailed that it doesn't bother you. You don't feel cramped. Kind of nice the bathroom is spacious so that helps you feel like you're not in cramped quarters. I was just a little creeped out by the glass in the door of the bathroom. Yes, it's frosted but you can see in very clearly - just a bit fuzzy. I prefer more privacy than that. But it let in light, I see why the designer made that choice but sometimes form needs to follow function. Everything else was perfect. Comfy beds, clean, quiet, great location. We would definitely stay again.

Dear ThisandThatToronto,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services and product. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am happy to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC!

Graz, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Lovely stay. The neighbourhood is lovely, the metro is 1 minute away. Central Park in 2 blocks, as well as the west Riverside Park. Lots of cafes and restaurants around. Spacious room and beautiful rooftop terrace. Go there!

Room Tip: Reserve an basic room, they will offer you an upgrade for a very convenient price!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear vv89793,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your overall stay! Thank you for your wonderful note on the hotel's services and product. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We love the NYLO, especially in summer when the door to the bar area is open. Room is extremely well designed for a small space, especially the bathroom, which was light, clean and had great storage. Only two minor complaints----1) I know the hotel is small, but the housekeeping cart always seemed to be in the hallway opposite the elevator and 2) what's with that brick contact paper on the walls? really tacky!

Dear Martha H,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services. Your comments and feedback will be passed onto the appropriate departments so they may be properly addressed.

Urbar b Koblenz am Rhein, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Excellent choise for our summer vacation. We spent 5 nights (2 adult & 2 kids). Even the rooms might be a little small (typically for NY) this hotel is absolutely beautiful.
Great value is the roof terrace which you can join at any time. Enjoy the vie on the Hudson.
Front desk, concierge , bar keepers etc. all where more than friendly and helpful. This location is in a great enviroment, very close to the river Hudson and Central Park. (Perfect if you like running in the morning).
The subway is only 2 streets away at 79th and it takes you only 8 min to 42nd street at Time Square.
We'll come back, soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Hudson view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Goetz W,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us! Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am happy to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC!

Long Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

the hotel itself was nice and trendy. it was better then an Aloft hotel and needless to say below a W Hotel. The rooms were nice and clean and new. the TV was a 42 inch flat screen. the AC and the shower were both great. The gym was all new although small. Free water in the room and while they officially charge for wifi, if you ask nicely they will give you a free access code at the front desk.The only negative and that's why I rated the hotel the way I did, was the slow moving service request. They just took to long to respond. otherwise, I really had a very nice time and I look forward to returning when I'm next in the area.

Dear BigTravelGuru,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's service and product. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our stay was great. The staff was friendly. Will definitely go back again when we get to NYC. There service was outstanding even after we left. Latisha Perry is the Security Agent that made my wife's day. After leavinfg the hotel and nearing our home in Boston we discovered that we left her teal headphones behind. Never thinking we would see them again, Latisha found them and sent them to us. WOW what service. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Richard O,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff especially regarding Latisha! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Been to NYLO New York City? Share your experiences!