“Never Again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO New York City

Save Saved
You added NYLO New York City to your Saves list
NYLO New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2178 Broadway, 222 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Formerly On The Ave Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Rate
TripAdvisor Fans Special
Ranked #60 of 451 hotels in New York City
Ben Lomond, California
“Never Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great location on Upper Westside and nice appearance, albeit with small rooms. Stayed for 3 nights in June 2014. Unfortunately, in our room (801), the air conditioner came on it its own convenience and could not be turned off. It blew a strong draft of cold air straight at the pillows on the bed, so uncomfortable I had to sleep with my head at the foot of the bed. Reported this to mgmt. but they were unable to fix or offer a different room. Front desk confirmed that this is an ongoing problem in that room.

Advertised free wi-fi but turns out that is only in the lobby. In the room it is an extra charge - pretty old school.

We had reservations for only two nights at $197/night but asked to extend our stay one night for our convenience in visiting NYC. They had rooms available but still charged us $350 for night 3. A higher price was to be expected, but 75% higher seemed exhorbidant.

We stayed there at the recommendation of a friend but would never recommend it to anyone else.

Room Tip: I understand that all rooms in the same column as room 801 ( eg 401.501, etc) have the same air cond...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

669 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed recently at the NYLO hotel in NYCity. I have stayed there numerous times when it was On the Ave, since the management has changed the hotel is so much better. While the 2 year renovation was challenging at times, the benefits and the changes are excellent. The rooms are fantastic, the decor the features,. The bar in the hotel and the library setting lobby are so conformable and relaxing f you need to wait. I travel to the city quite often, so I encourage al of you to stay at the wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a great time staying at NYLO for our couple's trip this past weekend. The location is excellent and the atmosphere is fantastic. The rooftop bar is great to hang out before dinner and the sangrias we purchased were very potent! Our room faced Broadway and was quiet at nighttime. The blackout shade came in handy for days when we didn't want to wake up quite as early as all the businesses around us. The proximity to the subway is amazing, with easy access to both the Local 1 and Express 1 trains which take you into downtown or any other stations to connect. The beds are great, I know I read comments about them being soft but to me they were very nice. We loved that the front desk was able to hold onto our bags on the last day while we finished at the museums. This helped us a lot! Our only complaint was that one of the rooms had a hot water issue that was not able to be resolved throughout our stay. We had to do this ourselves which was a little bit of an issue.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Rolling Hills Estates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed for three nights in July 2014 for a family visit. Hotel has excellent Upper Westside location. Very convenient to the Natural History Museum, transportation, and restaurants. Rooms are modern and very clean. Internet special was great value at $197 plus hotel taxes. Would not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was a very enjoyable trip for me mainly due to the luxury of the rooms. I was soooooo comfortable. My check in was the BEST Check-in experience to date. Jessie made sure that I was well taken care of for my company trip and was extremely professional. She went ABOVE and beyond the call of duty to ensure that my room was to my liking. I would revisit NYC just to be able to stay there!

Room Tip: Corner suites are great!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear P C,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us! Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff especially regarding Jessie! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We go to NY once or twice a year - always trying new hotels. I prefer newly renovated hotels - clean and getting good reviews. The NYLO is a cute smaller hotel with a full service front desk and responsive staff. I had read reviews ranging from great to complaints about walls and windows....but when I called ahead of time, I was reassured the windows had been cleaned and the renovations were complete. I found this to be the case, thankfully. We had some special requirements to lock down our reservation and room upgrade before we checked in, and the asst director helped us for which I am very thankful. Three of us stayed in a deluxe double double. Although not a big room, it was plenty room enough for us for the week we stayed. I have to say - the beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever stayed in, in a hotel. Because the cushy mattresses sit on a platform style bed - you get the softness without giving up the support. This was wonderful. We stayed in 916 - upper floor looking over the street. Other than the evening sounds of NY...such as trash pick up which only lasts a few minutes and if you know NY, this is very normal....it was plenty quiet. The hotel front faces 77th street and is on the corner of Broadway. Bonus - steps across the street is a 24 CVS. Across Broadway is a full market with all sorts of nice ready made foods, cheeses, wine, fresh fruit etc. Also, a Sephora, Lush, several clothing stores line the block. It is a quieter section above the hustle of mid town. There is no room service but the lobby area has a bar with fresh coffee, expresso or drinks in a european style atmosphere with polished concrete floors, iron framed windows and leather and velvet couches. It is connected to Seraphina, an italian restaurant. Part of the bar area opens up to the sidewalk, like the cafes in London or Little Italy. The bar/lounge is quite pleasant. All in all, if I am not bringing a car to NY and don't plan to spend all my time in lower Manhattan - the NYLO is a great choice I would come back to again. For walkers - it is walkable to Central Park and some good delicatessens and restaurants on the upper west side. This would be ideal in the fall especially, as the streets are small and tree lined for a pleasant walk, even down to Columbus Circle. We stayed Thursday to Wednesday - I didn't hear any disturbing noise. A little footsteps above us but it was fine really. For close to Central Park, the NYLO is a deal with style.

Room Tip: upper floors facing either 77 or broadway....ours faced 77 from room 916
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear pfirishme,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel' services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am pleased to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Room Tip: We asked for higher floor facing the street - 916 faces 77th street.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear VacationSee,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us! Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am pleased to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC!

Eugenia Simons

Been to NYLO New York City? Share your experiences!