“Excellent hotel for price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO New York City

Save Saved
You added NYLO New York City to your Saves list
NYLO New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2178 Broadway, 222 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Formerly On The Ave Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Rate
TripAdvisor Fans Special
Ranked #57 of 451 hotels in New York City
Grand Rapids, United States
“Excellent hotel for price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

NYLO is perfectly located on the West side two blocks from the 1 train. All you need for daily life is in walking distance. The hotel is modern, clean, inexpensive and friendly. I am definitely coming back. Great beds as well and very quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

655 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

very good, clean. Quite small given it was a 'Superior" room. Staff all wonderful, but ac unit kept waking me up and that's the reason for an average rating for sleep quality. The bed and pillows themselves were terrific!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Arrived to very friendly doormen and staff. The foyer has been tastefully renovated with delightful bar and lounge complete with piano and music in the eve. Alas, my delight was short lived. A room I had reserved with two double beds for three of us was not available - was told there was a leak. They had taken down the wrong phone number so could not reach me. "Upgraded" us to a suite with one bed and a cot. The cot was awful, thin mattress and extremely noisy every time I turned. Also, took up the little lounge so could not benefit from the 'suite". Needless to say, could not sleep. Also noticed a leak maybe in the closet adjoining the bathroom. I understand the actual bed was good. Had to call three times for an extra blanket and twice for a third towel. Was on second floor facing parking lot. Quite a bit of street noisy until about midnight. We received a $50 discount but frankly would have chosen another hotel had I known.
We did end up holding a small gathering on the 16th floor terrace, a definite plus to the place. The bartender on the 16th floor was exceptional. Took really good care of us! Ordered food quite effortlessly from restaurant downstairs for the gathering on terrace. Food itself was not great.
In summary, really nice people work there, nice bar/ terrace. Other than that disappointing. If I could be guaranteed a good bed, it would be a good place.

Room Tip: Nice, friendly staff Nice space in lounge to hang out Nice bar intimate 16th floor terrace
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chennevieres-sur-Marne, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I really enjoyed my stay at the NYLO hotel: very friendly staff, very trendy...my room was very nice...on the 9th floor, no view but then again since I was out most of the time this wasn't an issue...great rooftop terrace...the only thing I didn't like is the fact that they charge $14 per day for wifi in the room...if NYLO doesn't change this I won't be coming back...and it's a pity because I really liked it....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We recently stayed in this hotel as our daughter was touring colleges. The room was immaculate and comfortable. The location was convenient but the best part was the bar/lounge area in the lobby and the server Charles! He went out of his way to make our stay special and welcoming. He also comes up with some amazing new cocktails and gives everyone a taste. Highly recommend this hotel. Tell Charles we said hi! The pizza at the bar area is really good too!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We planned a trip to New York for the 4th of July weekend and the challenge was to find a hotel that was reasonably priced and something I felt we could stay in, my wife chose this one. Her motivating factor was the 12th floor terrace, which turned out to be fabulous even though the weather was inclement, it was cozy, comfortable and when the bar opened it saved a trip from going downstairs for drinks. On to the best part, up, Tripp advisor rates 41/2 stars, I gave it a 5 !!! There are many five star hotels that are more expensive, maybe better amenities as I travel a lot, but for what NYLO is, it doesn't get any better. I can easily compare it to many Miami Beach boutique hotels that are triple the price. It's cute, art deco, unique and in addition the staff was fabulous. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: I visited three rooms and all similar. I like hi floors, and in New York, the 16th floor hotel does...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I visited NYC for a week long stay (for our honeymoon) the week of July 4. We booked this hotel on a whim from Groupon full well knowing it could be a crap shoot, but hotels in the area were overpriced and booked due to the holiday. This was probably the best decision we've ever made.

Check-in and check-out we're simple and painless. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. I was searching for a pair of scissors and asked the housekeeping attendant if she had a set on her cart. She did not, but she ran to the front desk to get some! It speaks volumes when you receive that level of service from the most unlikely of sources.

The rooms were as to be expected for NYC. A little small but there was plenty of room under the bed for suitcases and the closet had ample shelf space. The bathrooms are very modern with plenty of space to get ready for a night out. The bed was super comfy, our view from the 8th floor was excellent, and the shower was better than the shower at home. Location is awesome, too. It's conveniently located a few blocks from a subway station that caters the 1,2, and 3 lines. Take the 3, and it'll get you to Times Square in one stop. Central Park is only a few blocks away and it's an easy walk to all of the shopping at Lincoln Center.

Ultimately, this is one of the best if not the best hotel we've had the pleasure of staying in. Should we visit again, we would book the Nylo without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to NYLO New York City? Share your experiences!