“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO New York City

You added NYLO New York City to your Saves list
NYLO New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2178 Broadway, 222 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Formerly On The Ave Hotel) (Upper West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Milan, Italy
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

What I liked most:
- Location: Upper West Side, nice neighborhood (very Newyorker), near Central Park, Hudson River Park, subway, museums, nice bars and restaurants in the area
- Lobby and hotel bar
- Comfortable room
- Helpful staff (late check-out)
- Good wi-fi service (included in an offer if you book from the website)

What I didn't like
- Window in the room was a bit small
- There are only two elevators used also by the staff so expect long wait and trolleys/vacuum cleaners, stuff for room cleaning

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on upper floors facing the street
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear saimonmays,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services and recognition of our staff. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the substandard elevator service. Your comments will be passed onto our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a secret gem on the UWS. It is not crazy busy and overrun with tour groups like The Roosevelt. It is the perfect small hotel near great restaurants and a subway stop. My favorite part of this hotel is the bar, LOCL, because of great customer service. The bartender, who I hadn't seen in months, remembered my name and my drink. So, this is my place of choice whenever I am in the Big Apple.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Joy S,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product, and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be passed onto our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This is the sixth time I have stayed at the NYLO in the past year. Now that the renovations are done, this location is even better. Love the service at this hotel where even while stranded there due to a January 2014 snowstorm everyone made me feel right at home. This hotel is in close proximity to nice museums, entertainment, and shopping. I love the convenience of the Westside Market across the street as well as the new CVS. These two stores and a pleasant fitness room allow me to stick to my fitness routine. Looking forward to returning to the NYLO for just pleasure in the near future.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear DWAlexander,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff. Your comments will be passed onto our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and business with NYLO NYC!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We loved the atmosphere at NYLO and the Upper West side. More relaxed than the areas with wall to wall tourists. We had pre dinner drinks in the bar each evening which enhanced our appreciation of the atmosphere the hotel has created. Although it would have been nice to have free wifi in the rooms, the fact we had to go yo the lobby/bar area made our stay more enjoyable. We felt a part of the place for 2 weeks. We noticed people had made negative comments online about the lifts, so we were pleasantly surprised to have no problems. The bed was fantastic!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Cathy L,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services and product.. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Chelmsford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

It is very important when you stay at a hotel - the room is very clean and dust "free". There are hard wood floors,the room is comfortable ,and was quiet,with good AC. Excellent room if you have any allergies
The staff was very helpful , would I return -yes I will

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Irving N,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am pleased to note that you will return to NYLO NYC!

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions over the last 7 years and I've always enjoyed its location. The surrounding community is mostly residential which is great to "come home" to in the evenings, but yet you are 10 minutes away from the rush and excitement that the Big Apple has to offer. The hotel has undergone a name change to NYLO and have added a bar / lounge area in the lobby. Rooms are small but comfortable.
One downer that was experienced was that we had booked months in advance but on arrival had noticed that my college was only due in the following day and instead of giving her the room at the rate that I had, and which she was paying for the rest of the stay, they charge her double for the one night - a little unreasonable I thought for avid annual customers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear David B,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. Thank you for your wonderful note on the hotel's services and product. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Halifax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I'm sitting in the NYLO lounge as I write this. It's cool, it's comfortable and it's all New York. This hotel isn't pretending to be something it's not. It's not a refined, opulent experience. It's a wicked, awesome ground base from which you can explore or hang. The location can't be beat so let's not go there. Forget midtown, come to the west side where people actually live. So what's not to like? Clean rooms, 32 HD channels, safe, wifi, awesome lounge and bar, walking to real New York restaurants, 45 seconds from the subway and all the shopping you can handle. I dare you not to love this place. WARNING: if you are in need of the super upscale, marble and room service then this may not be for you. Don't bring you're kids here. Just come and have fun, like I am right now. Cheers.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Adam C,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product and services. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Been to NYLO New York City? Share your experiences!