“Great Service, Great Location, Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO New York City

You added NYLO New York City to your Saves list
NYLO New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2178 Broadway, 222 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Formerly On The Ave Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Rate
TripAdvisor Fans Special
Ranked #69 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Dallas, Texas
“Great Service, Great Location, Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in March. The hotel was very clean with a contemporary feel. We felt very safe in this neighborhood of Upper West Side and 2 blocks walk to some of the most lovely parts of Central Park. It was close to many restaurants and shops, including two very nice restaurants connected to the hotel through the lobby. It was a 2-3 minute walk to the subway station. One morning the doorman worked a small miracle in getting us a yellow cab during peak hours. But the best part was the friendly, helpful staff - from front desk reception to doorman to room service! My daughter forgot a bag in the room with several items of importance to her and expensive to replace. A first for me, security followed up with two calls to my home to determine if it was ours and very promptly arranged to have it shipped to us. I hadn't visited Manhattan in about 20 years, and I left feeling this city was much safer and friendlier than I remembered. The NYLO was a big part of that.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear HM W,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product, and recogntion of our staff! Your comments will be shared without entire team so they may be properly addressed with the appropriate departments.

Eugenia Simons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here for the past 5yrs and find that it gets better with age......the staff is friendly, rooms clean, and it is convenient to most things on the upper west side.

I would highly recommend this hotel , in particular if you manage to get upgraded to one of the rooms with a balcony. Be prepared for a quiet room, with a happening lobby , in its new configuration. The restaurant attached to the lobby is one of NYC gems , and. Italian !

The new lobby bar and wifi area are up to date and allow for visiting with other guests.

Great reception and doorman .......

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear roycityboy,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. Thank you for your wonderful note on the services, the product and recognition of our staff. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the bar services at our LOCL bar.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Mr. Habeeb was very kind and friendly. He made sure to accommodate our stay. Nylo hotel is my favorite hotel in New York City due to the low rates and valet parking package. I really enjoyed my stay in the penthouse suite with a balcony. The view was amazing and beautiful. I definitely plan on staying there again. I included photos of my view. The photos are from the daytime but at night the view was even better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Ms. Tavia L,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff especially with Habeeb! Your feedback will be passed on to my team so they may be properly addressed.

Geleen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our stay was during NYE and the days after. It really is a great hotel! We got an upgrade at check-in, rooms are good size, clean, free coffee and tea in the room, super beds, nice staff!! The neighbourhood was also great for us; metro just a minute or so walk, great breakfast options nearby, close to GCP and AMNH. Next time NY; we come back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Eefje D,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product and services. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed to the appropriate departments.

I am pleased to hear that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC! The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

For the past 9 years we have spent a week each March and October in the Upper West Side area while visiting family. We have stayed at four different hotels and finally settled on the NYLO (formerly "On the Ave") for the last 5 years. We have been satisfied during past visits, however the most recent stay (March 2014) was outstanding in every way. When we entered the hotel, the doorman (Rob) remembered us from our visit last year. He made us feel like we were returning home with his friendly, personal attitude. He escorted us into the newly remodeled lobby area and made certain we were promptly checked in and our luggage was taken care of. The rooms in the NYLO have been recently remodeled with hardwood-style floors, updated furnishings, a very comfortable bed, and a small but efficient bathroom......very nice! We returned each night to an exceptionally cleaned room by "Maid Neri" who left little notes with happy faces wishing us a great day. We have never better room service anywhere, anytime than what we had during this visit! I place a lot of value in customer-service, and the NYLO has it dialed in! Doormen, security, front desk, room cleaning service.........even maintenance workers we met in the elevator......all were exceptional friendly and efficient. NYLO is our home away from home and we will stay no where else!

Room Tip: NYLO offers many specials and package deals. Take advantage of them. We stayed in a Superior room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Randy G,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the recognition of our staff, hotel's product and services. Your comments will be passed along to my team so they may be properly addressed to the appropriate departments!

I am pleased to hear that NYLO NYC is your home away from home and you will consider returning! The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

A New York City alum, I stayed for two nights in March and opted for the upgrade to a penthouse room with terrace, with a view of the Hudson. The room, bathroom, bed, and linens were outstanding. Decor is trendy and subdued. Location is excellent - only a few blocks from the 72nd street express stop on the 1-2-3 red line, which can you get you pretty much anywhere. Only two blocks to the 79th St crosstown bus if you need to get to the East Side. Starbucks at 75th St.

Outstanding service by Vladimir's security team members Patrick Alladin and Fernando Guzman, who found the passport I had left in the room safe upon checkout and overnight mailed it to me at my next hotel in Miami. Their efforts to locate the passport and then ensure it was safely delivered to me reflects the highest standards of customer service.

I will most definitely stay at the NYLO on my next trip to New York, and I recommend the hotel without reservation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear 358chrisd,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff. Your comments will be passed on to my team so they may be properly addressed.

I am happy to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC and refer us to others!

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We changed our reservation at the last minute from a different Upper West Side hotel and didn't regret it. As we arrived we got a room upgrade to a junior suite on the second floor. We were worried we might be disturbed by noise from the bar below but didn't hear anything. Once you get down to the lobby, this hotel is a vibrant place, with a nice sitting area and a bar. We ate twice at the adjacent Italian restaurant Serafina which was very good. The room was clean and spacious compared to most Manhattan hotel rooms. The staff was also very helpful. The location was very good for exploring the Upper West Side: you're on Broadway, 5 mins from Central Park and two blocks from a subway station.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TJS245,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. Thank you for your wonderful note on the services, the product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire staff so they may be properly addressed.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the services at Serafina.

Eugenia Simons

Been to NYLO New York City? Share your experiences!