My husband & I flew to NYC for a long weekend getaway that he had won through work. As we were footing the bill for a couple of nights in a hotel, I researched hotels in the Upper West Side that averaged under $300 a night. So glad I found this hotel. Price was right, location was awesome, bed was comfy & the shower put out plenty of hot water.
1. Check in process: We unfortunately arrived at the hotel a little after 6am on a Friday morning – a little early to check-in. We dropped our bags & went to grab some breakfast. The process for checking in, once they had our room available, went very smoothly – which was great as we were falling asleep by that point.
2. Room: I booked a Superior King room which was HUGE for NYC standards and very modern. Bed was great. Our window faced the main street, but if there was a lot of noise it never bothered us. It’s NYC - there is going to be noise. Loved the black-out shade! There was a nice size closet for hanging up clothes, along with a locker room style desk, sliding cubby storage, lamps & two night stands.
The bathroom was a typical size for a hotel room in NYC. Plenty of hot water (it just took a few minutes to heat up).
3. Service – The service was great. Everyone was friendly, helpful, etc. Not one rude person did we encounter.
4. Bar area – LOVED the bar! Drinks were great with very loungy atmosphere. The big purple wrap around coach was awesome (comfy for napping too) & the drinks were plenty strong & yummy. Nice way to unwind at the end of the day.
4. WiFi – The wifi in the lobby was very strong. The signal in the room was ok, but dropped in & out.
5. Location – Can’t say enough about the location of this hotel. It’s two blocks from the subway, right off Broadway which made it so easy for getting around the city & beyond. My husband wanted to stay, originally, in the Times Square area, which I hate. I prefer the Upper West Side & with this hotel, he will never stay anywhere else again when he comes to NYC.
6. Serafina – Wasn’t impressed with this restaurant which is attached to the hotel, but separate. Breakfast was mediocre at best.
When I head back to NYC, I will stay here again, most definitely.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel On The Ave
- Ave Hotel
- On The Ave Hotel
- On The Ave Manhattan
- Ave Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NYLO New York City blends NYLO’s signature urban, industrial design with the energy, color and fashions of New York’s Jazz Era, creating a comfortable, social and stylish hotel experience. Guests will appreciate the location’s convenient access to Manhattan’s business and leisure destinations, access to the residential amenities of one of New York’s best neighborhoods, and three highly fashionable bar and restaurant venues located within the hotel.Luxury guest rooms and suites feature all new custom furnishings; cutting-edge design in a warm palette of grays and blues paired with pops of vibrant color from accents such as hanging lamps and metal doors on storage cabinets and nightstands; and original artwork from local artists. Rooms also feature high-speed internet and the signature NYLO NYTE bed—the most comfortable in the industry. A number of rooms offer balconies and stunning views of the New York City skyline, Central Park and the Hudson River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, T4B, Priceline, Tingo, Amex, Otel, BookIt.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your NYLO New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.