“Great find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO New York City

You added NYLO New York City to your Saves list
NYLO New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2178 Broadway, 222 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Formerly On The Ave Hotel) (Upper West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
TripAdvisor Fans Save 10%
Ranked #100 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Camdenton, Missouri
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Perfect location for all Macy's Thanksgiving Parade Festivities. We arrived early and our room was ready. Love the metro vibe of lobby and bar. We ate dinner at Sarfinos adjacent to the lobby and it was fantastic. Our room was small but clean, neat and well appointed. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in while traveling. Between the mattress, pillows and comforter I felt like I was inside a warm marshmallow. I didn't want to get out. Previous complaints about elevator have been rectified as well as construction woes. There was a few times when the maid and other patrons slammed their doors and it was annoying as there were 4 doors facing each other in a corridor. Did not please my napping husband.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear kromos,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product and services. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration. I am happy to note that you enjoyed your dining experience at Serafina.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Eugenia Simons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is my second stay at what is now NYLO New York. it's absolutely perfect for me. Price is right, location very convenient, and the staff is wonderful! As I travel alone, the two restaurants adjacent to the hotel make it nice after a long day of work and the food is GREAT! The new lobby is quite inviting. Great spot for a drink or a light bite. Lots of people roaming around, business going on, meetings here and there...I can be alone if I want to and if I prefer to talk, I always seem to meet very nice and interesting people. I would highly recommend NYLO for business or a stay of pleasure! Karen The Netherlands

Room Tip: As only one elevator goes above the 12th floor, I would suggest a room on floors 2 - 12. You'll...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear KarenH17B,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's facilities, services and recognition of staff. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed at NYLO because of the great rate and being only 2 blocks from the Beacon Theatre for a concert we were attending. (Much better rate than the Hotel Beacon.) Also, within 2 blocks of the subway for a quick ride to downtown and Penn Station.

Jessica from the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful with checking us in and extending us an upgrade due to our anniversary celebration. The rest of the staff was just as friendly and helpful giving us advice about the area. Our Broadway view room was clean and quiet with a clean and comfortable bed. The lobby was very inviting. Our only problem was the long elevator wait time. We would definitely recommend this hotel as well as stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor on Broadway side away fromt the elevator. Very quiet and didn't hear...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear MollyPennsylvania,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of staff. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Starting at check-in, we had a great experience at the NYLO NYC. Upon arrival, we were in a rush, and Jessie at the front desk was welcoming, helpful and quickly got our group checked into multiple rooms and on our way. The rooms were terrific and the location is fantastic.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear jrgilb,

It is lovely to hear from you! I am glad to know that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my team. Feedback from guest’s like you motivates us to excel further. Thank you for your generous compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff member Jesse.

Apple Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We reserved 3 nights through Kayak and received a great rate. The hotel is just getting their feet and other than the elevator issues, the staff was wonderful. The room was small, but the king size bed took up most of it. The bath was great. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. The bed was too soft for me, but my husband loved it.

Room Tip: The rooms are small but this is NYC.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sukibarnstorm,

Thank you for this great review! We are currently upgrading our elevators and they are causing some delays, but I am happy that this did not deter you from having a fantastic stay. I am pleased that you had the opportunity to experience our amazing staff, and comfortable bed.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back here again soon.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Very happy with my stay at this hotel. The room was spacious, clean and modern with a clean bathroom and many lighting options. The lobby and bar area are very convenient and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. I would like to mention Jessie who works at the front desk as being especially nice. Overall a very pleasant stay at this Upper West Side hotel. 5 stars.

Room Tip: Stayed in the standard room with king size bed, very pleased, rooms are spacious, modern and clean.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gi K,

Thank you for sharing this great review! I am so happy that you enjoyed our spacious and modern rooms, and most of all our amazing staff. We are fortunate to have Jessie on our team and we will definitely be sharing this feedback with her and the entire staff. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Nassau, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have frequented this hotel for many years going back to when it was On the Avenue and it is the only hotel I stay at while needing to stay the night in NYC. Though I live not far on Long Island, whenever I need to stay in NYC, I have never thought of another hotel. Many of the staff are still with NYLO and I would like to give a mention to Ramona at the front desk. Never have I experienced a more attentive and nicer person in all my hotel experiences around the world. She is very caring and always does her best to make you welcome. It is a true pleasure to know that NYLO has such a fantastic person working at their front desk. While waiting on line to check in recently, I listtened to Ramona speak with an out of town couple and you could see how her help and guidance radiated on the face of those visitors. The hotel is always clean, comfortable, simple, and with the addition of the lounge, absolutely wonderful. If you are seeking a simple, clean, and beautiful boutique hotel, this is the one to choose.

Room Tip: NYLO offers specials from time to time and it is always good to check before coming into the city...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear GFT2013,

Reading your review makes me smile. I am so happy to hear that you had such an amazing stay here with us, and that it was mostly to Ramona, for whom we are very lucky to have. I will most certainly be sharing your feedback with her and the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Eugenia Simons

Been to NYLO New York City? Share your experiences!