“Great location and friendly staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO New York City

Save Saved
You added NYLO New York City to your Saves list
NYLO New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2178 Broadway, 222 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Formerly On The Ave Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Trip Advisor Saves you $$
Ranked #58 of 449 hotels in New York City
Munster, Indiana
“Great location and friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Just returned from 3 nights and we loved the location and will return happily. Just a few blocks to the subway and Central Park and other great attractions. The beds and pillows were the best and we slept peacefully in a quiet room on the 10th floor. All the staff was friendly and attentive. All the doormen were eager to help and greeted us warmly. Alberto was especially helpful. Lots of good resturants within walking distnace. Some reviews prior to booking referenced the decor, but we felt it was nice and fit in with the building. Loved the bar in the lobby, especially with the door open to the street on Nov. 1. Will go back to NYLO New York City. Loved the patio and view on the 16th floor. Nice to relax there after a long day of walking and take in the views of the sky.

Room Tip: We requested an upper level room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear jlvarn,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services and product. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

WOW! The renovation was worth the wait! We have been regulars at OTA and the change to NYLO NY with renovated rooms, hardwood floors, new beddings and furniture have made our stays excellent+. Add to that the new lobby, bar, areas to relax and mingle or people watch are simply awesome. Best part with the change, the people did not and the same excellent service continues. Scott Calderon and his reservation staff are exceptional as they guide you to make the right room type based upon you situation. And a new restaurant to enjoy with Red Farm. You will be pleased with your decision to book a room at NYLO NYC!

Room Tip: 14th floor great patios!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jeff T,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.Thank you for your wonderful note on the services, the product and recommending the hotel to other Trip Advisor readers. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff so it may motivate us to continually provide exceptional service.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This used to be the On The Ave Hotel, which was quite comfortable. Now it's a NYLO, and the rooms have been redecorated to conform that that company's standard "loft-like" décor. This is unfortunate, because now the rooms have no carpet on the floors and no comfortable chairs in which to sit, which is a big deal if you've been walking the NY sidewalks all day. There are not even any drawers in which to put your clothes; only locker-type boxes. However, the roof top terrace is very nice. And the location is excellent. But because of the uncomfortable rooms it now has, I will not go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear KeithG1221,

Thank you for the taking the time to share with us your feedback; I am disappointed to learn that you would not consider us again in the future. Let me assure you that we take all of our guest's feedback seriously and they will be shared accordingly with our management team. Once again, we thank you for your input and feedback!

Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Good price and location on Upper West Side. Rooms are small but very adequate. Our room wasn't clean when we checked in, but Norman the manager set us up with a better room immediately. Housekeeping a little lax (didn't replace drinking cups, shampoo, etc, or tea for Keurig), but not a big deal, obviously. We've stayed here for several years, and will continue to stay here when we're in NY visiting our kids who live on UWS.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jane S,

Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. It is most unfortunate that you have had such experiences, particularly, as we pride ourselves in the excellence and consistent service that we offer to our guests. I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to recover with the incidents you encountered. The team will learn from your feedback and ensure improved performance in the weeks and months to come.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I were in town to see a show at the Beacon. Good location, cool vibe. We had dinner at Serafina and it was wonderful, good food and great wine list!

We liked the room. Cozy and clean, good price too.

Then, best of all, I left my camera in the room. Fernando In Security found it the next day! What a great staff! Thank you!

We will be back!

• Stayed October 2013
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Karen B,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your dining experience at Serafina!

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had booked our three night stay with the family a long time ago, so we benefited from a phantastic price - the hotel has been renamed and remodeled (I stayed in the OTA for two weeks 3 years ago, it was already great back then...). Lobby got a terrific vintage look, rooms are not as tastefully though, but still large and acommodating.
During our first night there was a party going on in the room next door - 3 o'clock in the morning and there was no way to go back to sleep. When we talked to the manager about it the next morning, we got a new room and everything was moved for us, we did not have to bother. We also got vouchers for breakfast at Serafinas in the hotel. Unfortunately service there turned out to be quite lousy, food was so-so, nothing to go back for.
We booked some touristic attractions with the concierge. Although the lady was new to her job, everything worked out fine. We also booked a transfer to Newark Airport, taxes and tolls, luggage and tip included for USD 110.- We expected a common van that would bring us to our flight, but got a stretch limo!! Our kids could not believe this - living in Switzerland, this is not what we usually get when we book a taxi ride;-)
All together I'd definitely recommend as people at the NYLO care and try to make your stay really special.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Nicol090,

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Once again, we thank you for your input and feedback!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here a brief 24hours for a business trip and I wishing I could just move in! The new renovations are amazing. The Cool, edgy vintage decor made you feel like you were walking into a Restoration Hardware Home. The bar is so cool and the adjacent lounge with comfy chairs, leather couches made me want to call friends to come over and hang for drink or 2. I was only in town for one overnight stay and was able to get 3 friends to come and meet for a drink. Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted. I told the front desk that I loved the new digs and decor, since I stayed at this hotel under the name on the avenue. During their renovations, I stayed at the hotel Beacon and Lucerne, but now I plan on staying here as much as I can! The front desk UPGRADED my room to the penthouse on the 16th floor. It had the most amazing views of the city, outdoor patio furniture. I Never wanted to leave. The bed was like a "heavenly bed from the starwood hotels" This hotel is SOOOOOO much better then the other nearby hotels I have stayed at!. The location is great! I wish I could have stayed longer. When you are on vacation you want to stay in a great hotel, in a great location with everything at your finger tips....this is the Hotel. When you travel for work, as I was doing during this stay, you want the same thing. THIS IS THE Hotel, it makes you feel at home. Nothing more I can say. Only small negative is they were still renovating so the service elevators must have been out of service so the elevators to the high floors was verrrrry slow. However, it was worth every single minute of waiting for the room. Also, this hotel has GREAT outdoor terrace space for everyone to use. That is a gift in its self! Thank you for the great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Erin D,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your generous compliments regarding the services and product of the hotel . They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Eugenia Simons

Been to NYLO New York City? Share your experiences!