“Fantastic food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Angel

Thai Angel
141 Grand Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Chinatown)
212-966-8916
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The soups here are authentic, the ingredients, vegetables, prawns etc are plentiful and the curries are addictive especially the thai red curry & the massoman which is probably the best I have tasted. The staff are really friendly and the prices good. When I go on holiday I rarely eat at the same place twice but we ate here four times in seven days, it was that good and only a minutes walk from the Mondrian.

Visited August 2013

“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was visiting a few friends who recently moved to NYC and I was browsing on Trip Advisor (of course!) for a great place to have lunch. So this place caught my eye and we decided to check it out. The place was slow at the time so the service was quick. I would have to say they have some of the best Pad Thai I've ever ate. I would definitely come here again!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped into Thai Angel on a whim for lunch as we were out and about walking around NY. The service was great. The restaurant was very clean. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. Would recommend and would go there again!

Visited August 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Mixed Results”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Thai Angel was the last meal we would have in NYC. From the start it was uncomfortable and at no time was it the fault of Thai Angel or their staff. A couple were eating and were quite clearly having domestic issues. A glass being broken and loud berating of one another does not create a nice atmosphere anywhere let alone in a restaurant. The service was of a high quality and there were some real nice dishes. The problem was there were dishes which were bad. The Pad Thai was horrible, which was a real disappointment. Overall good value, but with mixed results.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Diamond in the rough!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Loved this restaurant. The service was fantastic. The street it is located on was a bit shabby at the time we went - roadworks and such and if it is still like this don't let it fool you. Amazing food! Good portion sizes and very reasonably priced. If I ever return to NYC I will definitely go back!

• Visited February 2013