“Must eat here during your NYC stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mermaid Oyster Bar

Mermaid Oyster Bar
79 Macdougal St, New York City, NY 10012-2514 (Greenwich Village)
212-260-0100
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mermaid Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #576 of 11,750 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Oyster Bar
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Bleecker and Houston
Los Angeles, California
“Must eat here during your NYC stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Although I do not eat shell fish, my friends promised me there would be plenty for me to eat. They of course ordered oysters (that's what they're known for) and just raved about how delicious they were. I ordered the gouda mac and cheese (divine!) and the asparagus for appetizers. For my main course I ordered the blackened salmon and it was delicious!

I wish I remembered the name of the waitress because she was attentive, quick, and lovely. For dessert she brought us complementary chocolate mousse (which was also amazing).

Located in a vibrant part of the city near the village. Highly recommend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York, New York, United States
“Love it. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I am a regular at this place. I go here about once or twice a month on Mondays with my wife. We love this place. The best part is the pudding at the end. I recommend this place to everyone. They do change the menu from time to time.

Vancouver, Canada
“OK food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Last week I had dinner with my son. The food was ok. Best dish was the tuna tacos a starter/appetizer. The fish was deep fried which I think in general is not the best way to prepare a fish. There was no fish knife which is crucial when you get a fish you have to fillet yourself. Weird. The bread was good and the beef dish was good.
The ambiance is nice as well. Service could be better if (smile).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fresh oysters for $1! Come for happy hour stay for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was our second visit to Mermaid Oyster Bar. We arrived just at the end of happy hour for the dollar oysters and cleverly concocted cocktails. The oysters were fresh and oh so good and the cocktails were delish! We stayed for dinner and once again, we were not disappointed! The lobster roll was chock full of lobster and the fries were fabulous! The gazpacho and kale Caesar salad were fresh and yummy! Excellent quality food, outstanding service! We will be coming back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, good vibe !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Great service, delicious food, happy hour is so fun. Prices are so good and every dish i tasted was superb. Good music and good energy.