“Truly Magical” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alice's Tea Cup, Chapter II

Alice's Tea Cup, Chapter II
64th st, New York City, NY 10021 (Upper East Side)
212-486-9200
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Chicago, Illinois
“Truly Magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Both times we've visited New York, we have always made it a point to visit Alice's Tea Cup. The tea selection is top notch, the food is delicious, and the whimsical atmosphere makes it very memorable. My sister and I split the Mad Hatter. We each got our own pot of tea (mismatched china included!), a three-tiered tower with two different kinds of finger sandwiches, three huge scones with cream and preserves, and a dessert. Everything is made with fresh ingredients. The prices are steep, but in my opinion well worth it for the quality, taste, and atmosphere.

We always take extra scones to go because they are TO DIE FOR! I find myself randomly craving scones from Alice's.... I really wish they would ship these outside of the city so I could enjoy them at home! Their specialty is a pumpkin scone, but I found it to taste like play-dough. Instad opt for a chocolate or fruit scone, you wont be sorry! They also have savory ones but I have yet to try them.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Geelong, Australia
“Cute little cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

We had breakfast here, what a quirky little cafe. So many teas to choose from. Eggs served on scones. A great little place

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

We had breakfast during our stay in NYC. The staff is dressed like caracters, there are many kids and teens there, but you´ll feel comfortable if your party is older.
We drank the hot chocolate, my brother had the pancakes, I had scrambled eggs with bacon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“GREAT Breakfasts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Popped in here twice during a long weekend in NYC.
We tried the pancakes, french toast, and granola, each time always served with an absolute heap of fresh berries (rasps, blue, blackcurrent and strawberries).
Absolutely yummy.
Servings just about right - large for a visitor from the UK, and the coffee a bit weak for us, but not that bad at all.
Didnt have any problems with the service

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brooklyn, NY
“Very cute place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I hosted a bridal shower here. The place is really cute and the Mad Hatter service was great. I rented the private room for 2 hours, and it was great, except that the waitress didn't really come by all that often (some people wanted to order cocktails but had to wait around for a while) and the sandwiches and scones didn't come out until a good 30-40 mins into the shower, which was also a bit of a downer because some people were hungry.
They also didn't really help us getting the presents down (the room is on the 2nd floor) and into the car, even though they said they would.

Other than that, it was great! The sandwiches were all delicious, and the teas were amazing, it was fun trying different flavors and types.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere