“Very Good, I'd go back.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pera Mediterranean Brasserie

Pera Mediterranean Brasserie
303 Madison Ave., New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)
+1 212-878-6301
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pera Mediterranean Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,762 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Turkish
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 41st and 42nd
Transit: The 4, 5, 6, 7 and S Subway Trains stop at 42nd Street. The M1, M2, M3, M4, M42 and M104 buses stop at East 42nd Street and Madison Avenue.
Description: Pera Mediterranean Brasserie brings an authentic taste of eastern Mediterranean cuisine to Manhattan. The chef leads a team of specialty cooks and collaboratively feature popular meze (small plate appetizers) and meat preparations for a New York audience. Pera features mezes, specially prepared and marinated cuts of grilled meats and seafood, traditional and modern Mediterranean side dishes and regional breads baked a la minute.
Corona
“Very Good, I'd go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had dinner here with my NYC relatives recently. They are locals, so they picked the place - they paid too, so I don't know how bad the final tally was, but it wasn't cheap. If you understand that it won't be the cheapest meal you have in NYC, it's worth the trip. I ordered the Chicken Brochette which was really good - the best food that I had in the City while I was there for three days. My relatives both ordered Lamb Adana and each of them finished their plates. We shared some side dishes, both of which were good, but not really memorable. Service was attentive and professional. The hostess offered a coat check at the door, which was nice. I'd have no reservations about returning to eat there again, and I'd probably try the lamb next time to see if it was as good as the chicken. If you have a taste for Mediterranean food, and you don't mind spending a few bucks, this is a good place if you're in the neighborhood.

Visited January 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gourmet Turkish Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

In September, 2012as well as last weekend, December 15, 2012 I enjoyed dinner at Pera Midtown. The lighting is pleasant, the tables separated enough that you are not involved in another customer's conversations, and the general furnishings comfortable as well as attractive.
The mezes including the amazing squash, grape leaves and smoky baba ghanoush prepared us for the tender, flavorful chicken adana. I was pleased when the waiter offered a small carafe when we wished to share one glass of wine. I must say, after the very tasty rice pudding and cappuccino, we were hard-pressed to comfortably get up from the table. I have thought about my meal for a few days and look forward to going again in January when I take a trip to NYC with my husband.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Laredo, Texas
“Yummy yummy...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My friends and I have visited this restaurant several times, however, my visit last month proved to be the most delicious thus far.

The ambience is just great. Its good for romantic dinner or for a hang out with the girls. Lighting not to dark but not to bright. The greeters at the door are always smiling and helpful. The food is very good, its not exceptional mediterranean food but its very tasty. This time they had a miniature roasted squash for the special of the night filled with all kinds of exotic mushrooms and shrimp (I had it without the shrimp), it was absolutely delicious. I couldn't get enough of it. So good!

The service is very good. Everyone is friendly and helpful and the chef is very amenable to make almost any dish vegetarian (if it can be done). I love it!

Pera is a bit pricey, but all together a very good time.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Turkish Mezes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via Local Picks

Had a great lunch here. We tried a bunch of the mezes and were not disappointed. Very good food. The service was quite attentive and friendly. Lamb adana was great.

Greenwich CT
“Great food on a Sunday night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Lovely place for a Sunday evening dinner. We both had the prix fix. The Mediterranean peasant salad was terrific and fresh and the Mediterranean meatballs were also excellent. The braised lamb shanks were wonderful but not enough if you have a big appetite. The free range chicken was cooked perfectly. For dessert I had ordered the chocolate nirvana but was served the Turkish rice pudding..and a good thing as I'm watching calories and was able to eat only part of the serving...I would not have been able to do that with the nirvana. Drinks are very pricey.

• Visited November 2012