“Nice little place” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zampa
306 w 13th street, NYC, New York City, NY 10010 (Manhattan)
(212) 206-0601
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zampa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,214 of 11,751 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Takeout, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 8th Avenue and Hudson Street
Transit: A, C, E & L trains to 8th Avenue-14th Street and 1, 2 & 3 trains to 14th Street.
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Nice little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stopped if for coffee and pastries... The service was really excellent, great ambience, the scone amazing, coffee was ok not great

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York City, New York
“Couldn't Ask for Anything Better...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

After a day of shopping in the Meat Packing District on a hot day, I was craving a nice glass of white wine and a salad for lunch. I asked the guy helping me at the Vince store for an Italian Restaurant suggestion. “Zampa,” he said without hesitation “13th Street; between 8th and 7Av’s”. It sounded perfect. I didn’t wan to be in the trap of the Meat Packing area. I wanted something local, not touristy.

I didn’t double take and head out in search for it. I found it right away. It was just two or three blocks away. With a picture of a pig on the window, Zampa was waiting for me, quiet, with a local lunch crowd: couple of gay guys, some fashionista girls, some older ladies with their shopping bags, and a crew of sexy Latin guys. I was greeted with a nice and COLD glass of water. I looked around and everyone was eating a sandwich and drinking wine or some pink grapefruit colored cocktails.

“What kind of sandwich should I have,” I said. “The Tuna Sandwich. It’s the best,” the server said. I told her I trusted her and asked to bring me a glass of the white wine she thought I should drink with the tuna sandwich.

She brought me a taste of a wine that wasn’t in the menu: Zeni’s Müller Thurgau. Refreshing, a little dry, with nice tannins and acidity.

The pasta came with a little penne pasta salad with tomato, olives, and arugula.

Loved the place: great service, great food, and reasonable prices. Don’t miss it!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Good food, lacking selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Came here for dinner with a few friends. All of the food that came out of the kitchen was fantastic however (except the tuna crostini, which was tuna fish salad, not raw tuna). We all felt the menu was lacking in dishes, especially at a tapas style restaurant where the dishes are smaller. Would go back again though.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, CO
“Zampa is my favorite restaurant in the West Village”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Having eaten here on several occasions, I dream about Zampa at night. The small plates are exceptional and the lasagne is unmatched. It comes in a baking dish with cheese melted across the top of it. So good! The staff at Zampa makes you feel like you are family. Even the first time I went there, they were so welcoming and friendly. I just love this place!

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Nice wine bar in the West Village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We enjoyed a couple of bottles of white wine and tried a few small plates. The food was fresh and beautifully prepared. The bar tender was friendly and we happened to be sitting next to the owner who was happy to see us having so much fun. He opened a bottle of rose that they were featuring and let us have a taste. I wish we would have stayed longer but we were only in town for one night and we wanted to try a few other places.

• Visited July 2012