“Please to find a good quality independent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gregory's Coffee

Gregory's Coffee
327 Park Avenue South, New York City, NY 10010 (Manhattan)
(212) 979-8600
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,119 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Debenham, United Kingdom
“Please to find a good quality independent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

On our family trio to New York we tried to avoid the chains and we were delighted to find a couple of branches of Gregory's. The first one we went to was just down from Times Square, and loved the coffee and the kids loved the snacks and pastries. Friendly service as well. So we were delighted when we bumped into this branch of Gregory's on a walk back from Madison Square Park which is a bit bigger than the Times Square one. Seemed to be better value than Starbucks as well!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Be a Gregorian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

When we visited Gregory’s Coffee in New York City, I passed on having coffee but I did order some hot chocolate. I’m usually not impressed with hot chocolate because I guess I’m looking for the wrong thing - a cup of hot chocolate should taste like a delicious candy bar. Is this too much to ask?!

Well, it’s not too much at Gregory’s. My cup of hot chocolate was excellent. The chocolate was rich and creamy and didn’t taste watered down at all. And I don’t know for sure, but I think they topped it with fresh whipped cream.

Gregory’s Coffee ended up being the perfect spot to stop in and warm up on a cold day in Manhattan. We tried to brave the cold and tour the city but couldn’t resist the quaint atmosphere in this little coffee shop and spent some time enjoying delicious drinks and talking about our day. We went from being tourists to feeling like local hipsters.

Visited February 2013
Locust Valley, New York
“Starbucks atmosphere at Dunkin Donuts prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My first visit here and I'm in love. I work just down the street and was looking for some place other than the "usual" coffee shop to get a cup of tea. The atmosphere is akin to Starbucks but they seem to be more laid back. The place is quite large (for Manhattan) and had plenty of seating available on a Thursday morning at 9:30am. There was a small line (3 people ahead of me) but I was helped within a minute of walking thru the door. They name their sizes by ounces (verses 'Bucks grande, tall,etc) and put 2 tea bags in my 16oz tea (which was delicious) and encouraged me to help myself to the milk station (of which they have two). Very reasonable prices considering the neighborhood. I sat down for a few minutes to sip my tea and listen to the awesome music playing at a comfortable volume over the speakers. They have a HUGE long table with lots of chairs to accommodate meetings and such. Plenty of smaller tables and free wi-fi too.

If you get the chance check this place out. It's on the north bound side of the road between 24th and 25th on Park Ave South. You WON'T be disappointed!

• Visited March 2013
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Great coffee, fashionable crowd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

For a coffee break in Flatiron district, go to Gregorys. It has great coffee, and according to my colleagues great eye candy.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Great coffee and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Homemade donuts when I was dropping from shopping. Special La Finca de Providencia coffee brewed just for us. Wonderfully person in the center of New York Midtown. The 46th Street E bar.

• 5 of 5 stars Food