“A must when visiting New York” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cuba

Cuba
222 Thompson St, New York City, NY 10012 (Greenwich Village)
212-420-7878
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #369 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Bleecker
Transit: 6 to Bleecker, 1,9 to Christopher Street, A,,B,C,D,E,F to West 4th
Description: The romantic Milieu of Cuba effortlessly transports you from Manhattan to Havana. Cuba offers live music and a menu filled with delicious traditional cuisine. The restaurant offers a fascinating and charming escape to its own "Little Havana on Thompson Street".
Toronto, Canada
“A must when visiting New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

If you are looking for an opportunity to have amazing food and be in a nice environment, don't hesitate a second. I travel a lot around the world and I love excellent food. It will be worth every penny and minute!!!! Try it, you won't regret it.

• Visited May 2013

Milwaukee, WI
“Fun Saturday Night Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very neat place. It's like a party. A band playing in one corner. A guy rolling cigars in another. We ate in the front room where you first walk in. Very very loud. In fact, by far the loudest I have ever been to. We could barely hear the waiter over the music. The tables are packed very close together. The service was attentive and the food is excellent. Superb mojito and hemingway. Masitas de Puerco and Ropa Vieja are not to be missed. We thought the empanadas were nothing special and don't uderstand the hype surrounding them. Great experience. Go with a group.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Oh my God! BEST Cuban food ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

First, a disclaimer...... I am very well acquainted with the cuisine. I have had few good experiences outside of the southern Florida and New York City metro areas. I have also not been to either area for quite some time, SO, I was craving the food, to be put it mildly. More like, salivating just thinking about it.

(Subliminal messages follow)

My wife and I (mojitos) are shopping in the area (mojitos) and having a great time int he stores (mojitos). We get to the restaurant and walk on (mojitos). Terrific family feeling (mojitos) and authenticity. Waiters in Cuban style shirts, (mojitos) wonderful music playing, etc. we sit and look at the menu with great (mojitos) joy and a feeling that it (mojitos) will be great. We weren't sure what to order for drinks (mojitos) and took a risk and ordered the homemade mojitos. Never had one before (yeah right, more like 10-15 thousand) so took a chance that the bartender in our little seating area (who was busily working with the mint and limes stockpiling his area) had an idea as to what he was doing(mojitos). We place our food orders:

Tostones
Empanadas de carne
Croquetas

Main course:
Ropa Vieja for me
Bistec a la Palomilla for my wife

Mojitos served.......

There is a God!

All humor aside......

"We made a good choice" is expressed by each of us almost at the same time while smiling from ear to ear.

Wonderful does not do justice to the taste.

Food gets brought out and, how can I put this, I think that I have never enjoyed food so much. Just pure bliss. This type of food is in my family's past for varied reasons. This was an exceptional example of Cuban cuisine.

HIGHLY recommend and would welcome anyone inviting me as their guest there :-)

Enjoy one and all.

• Visited September 2013
Granada Nicaragua
“Atmosphere and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The place is small and loud..hard to hear you partner even before the music starts. But if that does not matter go there.

Wide selection of great authentic Cuban food and drink is what make this place, Service is OK...worth a visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“A favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is our favorite Cuban restaurants in NYC and it is better than any Cuban restaurant in Miami. We come here regularly, every month or so, and have NEVER been disappointed. The food is amazing. Great atmosphere, too; the manager is very accommodating and unfailingly friendly and courteous, as is the staff.

• Visited August 2013