Have stayed here several times - always coming back.
This is not a Grand Hotel, not even a hotel - it's a hostel!
Rooms are extremely small and spartan, no comforts whatsoever, but clean.
The perfect location more than makes up for the spartan place.
Knowing that, book this place if you want a clean, low budget place to sleep for a few nights.
Here are a few tips:
- rooms on other floors OK too, but if you can: spend the extra $ on Premium (12th floor) or Deluxe (13th floor). (for explanation read below).
- bring thongs for the shower and for the way to the bathrooms,
- room only has 1 towel per person, but you can get an extra towel at gym entrance/3rd floor.
- Breakfast: we love buying food at "Whole Foods" on Columbus Circle, 3 blocks south of the hostel. They are in the basement of "The Shops" on the western side of Columbus Circle. It's an organic food market, but you don't have to be a health nut or organic freak to love the place. They have an incredible selection of super foods. Select a breakfast from their fruit shelves, buffets, bakery, dairy cool cases..., and take it across the street for a picnic in Central Park. Beats any restaurant any time! If you love good food - this is the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just off Central Park West and steps from the Columbus Circle Travel hub, our New York hostel guest rooms offer private Single and Bunk rooms that provide a home away from home for nearly 130,000 International and Domestic budget travelers each year.Our ideal location in NYC allows guests to enjoy the beauty of Central Park, the energy of Times Square and world famous cultural institutions including Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall and the Museum of Natural History. As a hotel guest of the West Side YMCA, you can enjoy FREE use of our 65,000 square foot Health and Wellness Facility - including two indoor swimming pools. We're easily accessible to all NYC public transportation - uptown, downtown, cross-town buses, and the 1,A,C,E,B,D,N subway lines.Guest Rooms Facilities IncludeCable TVShared Bathrooms on each floor (some private facilities)Air-conditioningHousekeeping - Clean Linens and Towels providedElevator BuildingAround the clock check-in24 hour securityFree WiFi in lobby areaSafe Deposit boxesNo Curfew ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Budget Places, Despegar.com, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your West Side YMCA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Side Ymca Hotel New York City
- Ymca New York
- New York City Ymca
- Ymca West Side New York
- Ymca Nyc