I have stayed at the Waldorf=Astoria many times. The older it gets, the more dated it gets. On a recent trip, I had the opportunity to stay in the towers. I was hopeful and optimistic, this would be a diamond in the rough. It was not. It was a more more expensive version of the same thing.
My room was dated, really dated, and the amenities were lacking. I did enjoy the twice daily housekeeping service, but it didn't make up for the concierge lounge that was overcrowded and had a very basic offering.
Also, to my surprise, there were no unique public spaces, so for meals I was relegated to the very small (for the size of the hotel) lobby lounge, or the bull and bear, with its limited hours. On my most recent trip I even learned the starbucks in the lobby was gone.
The Waldorf remains iconic. If you are looking for the grande dame of hoteling this is your place. If you are looking for a hotel that was recently upgraded, or catered to modern tastes, I'd look elsewhere.
And don't get my started with the complicated check-in procedure...three different people to handle my luggage.
- Also Known As:
- The Towers Of The Waldorf Astoria Hotel New York City
- The Towers Of The Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- Waldorf Hotel New York City
- Waldorf New York
- Waldorf Towers
- Waldorf Astoria New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soaring above Manhattan on the 28th-42nd floors of The Waldorf=Astoria, this boutique hotel is home to celebrities and corporate leaders and has hosted every American president since Herbert Hoover. The hotel features a collection of 181 rooms, including 123 impressive suites with its own Les Clef D’Or concierge and a dedicated private entrance. Towers Guest enjoy complimentary Continental breakfast in the Astoria Lounge. The hotel is situated within the Waldorf Astoria in midtown Manhattan, near shops, museums & the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Towers of the Waldorf Astoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.