“Best stay of my life” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
“Best stay of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Towers in September of this year and were very impressed with not only the hospitality, but also the sheer elegance of the decor. We went to NYC for a last minute wedding so finding a room with short notice that could comfortably and conveniently keep my 5 person family was a little tough. However thanks to the very accommodating staff at the Waldorf Towers, we were able to find the ideal room. AND IT WAS MARVELOUS!!!! The room was perfectly clean and very classy. Moreover, my step-mom has trouble walking and the doormen were extremely helpful with getting her in and out of cabs without making her feel handicap. It was refreshing. Since this weekend was an opportunity to see family that I don't get to see often this was an opportunity to do something special and it was well worth the decision! I whole-heartedly encourage any and everyone to stay at the Towers!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed at the Waldorf for two nights on a vacation to New York. The hotel decoration is breath-taking, not like the usual New York box room experience. The staff were very attentive and took our luggage quickly to our beautiful room. Upon arrival and noticing that our room was next to a massive extractor fan which hummed all night long we rang to ask if there was a possibility of a room change however due to the Marathon they were full up for the night and promised to change rooms the following day. What a change! Upgraded to the 27th floor of the towers. Incredible two bathrooms suite with a sitting room and king bed. Luxury in reality. Pure beautiful. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and cannot wait for the treat to go bak and stay once more

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family and I spent 3 nights at the Waldorf Towers. We enjoyed the private check-in on the lower floor which sped things up. We had a corner suite (huge bedroom and even larger living room) with an adjoining room for my 2 children. The room was very spacious and absolutely spotless. The 2 bathrooms were great. And the view spectacular. The only (small) complaint was our mattress, which was good, not great. The kids' bed was very comfortable. Housekeeping was perfect. The hotel really added to our already very enjoyable time in NYC. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Corner suite offers great views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

If this is the best that NYC can offer it's an embarrassment. My room was hot and there was no way to control the heat. When I opened the window to cool the room down it was so noisy from air conditioning equipment that I had to close the window. Guest services was of no help. They offered a fan...big help (which by the way never appeared). The staff could care less. Typical NYC customer service! LOUSY....Never again. I feel sorry for tourists coming here to visit if this is the best that New York had to offer.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Waldorf_Astoria_NY, Manager at The Towers of the Waldorf Astoria, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear spearce53,

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear about your recent experience at the Waldorf Astoria. The customer service we provided during your stay was certainly not up to our standards. I am so grateful that you have taken the time to make us aware of this. I would like to look into your stay a bit further to determine who you worked with and why certain things occurred. If you have a moment, please email me with the confirmation number from your stay, as well as your TripAdvisor username.

Diarmuid Dwyer
Hotel Manager
diarmuid.dwyer@waldorfastoria.com
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We Stayed at the Towers recently and had booked a family room with two double beds. When we were showed to our room however, we were given a double room with one double bed and a sitting room. No beds for the children. WE asked for these and they were duly deposited, two single beds which had to go in the sitting room. On the second night the maid had taken the duvets from the beds. We didn't realise until the children told us the next day they had been cold all night. WE asked for them to be returned only to be given thin blankets.
The bathrooms and bedrooms are very old fashioned and not in a classy way, they are very dingy. We never saw a maid whilst we were there, no turndown, no water in the rooms, we never even had the loo roll changed !!! AS we were on the 36th floor, we were in what they called a private dining room for breakfast which as an absolute farce. The room was not big enough to accomodate the number of guests and there were queues to find a table, on a couple of mornings we had to sit apart just so that we could sit down to eat. There were no hot breakfast foods, just cereals , bread and fruit. The two restaurants downstairs were closed on the occasions we visited. Not 5 star. Very disappointed

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear pdaddy123,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are so disappointed to learn about your unfortunate experience at the Waldorf Towers. We want our guests to feel at home when staying with us, and we understand that we were unable to do this for you. I am so discouraged to hear that your children did not have proper beds and, as a result, were cold overnight. I really want my team to research your stay further and determine why certain things happen. Please accept my sincerest apologies. If you have a moment, please email me with the confirmation number from your stay, as well as your TripAdvisor username.

Megan Hennessey
megan.hennessey@waldorfastoria.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a delightful room with a good view in the Towers, and more than once we remarked how "quiet" it felt for New York. Every single member of the staff was courteous and helpful. It's hard to not be enamored with the history of such a fine hotel -- it's on every wall. Even though there are plenty of NYC hotels with more bells and whistles, the luxury and charm of the Waldorf Astoria is hard to resist.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dawn M,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Megan Hennessey

Been to The Towers of the Waldorf Astoria? Share your experiences!