“Fantastic base for a family in New York” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel and Tower New York to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Central Park West, New York City, NY 10023 (Central Park)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
4th night free on suites
Ranked #53 of 452 hotels in New York City
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic base for a family in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom Park view suite for a week as party of 2 adults and 3 kids (ages from 4 to 13) on the recommendation of friends and it was the perfect base for our time in New York.
The best features of the hotel were the size of the apartment; the bedrooms and bathrooms were well proportioned, there was a good sized kitchen (unused other than the fridge) and a large living room overlooking Central Park. The location was also perfect for us, an easy walk to lots of the attractions we wanted to see and never any trouble getting a car (Uber X driver seemed to be camped outside)

Staff were always helpful and room service prompt and good quality.

We will definitely return to hotel when we travel as a family to New York

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Some times a trip to New York is a once in a life time experience. Part of that experience is waking up and looking at Central Park, swimming in a lap pool, having a steam and sauna after using the gym facilities. The nightly turn down service and daily room cleaning showed an attention to detail that goes straight to your head. The meals from room service were simply mind blowing! You can even order pillows that are scented for relaxation and deep sleep. Easy to get to everywhere in the city by subway, bus, taxi, or car service. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest, Thank you for your rave review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower New York at Central Park! I am delighted that you were impressed with your spa services and restaurant experience, as well as your accommodation and amenities. Our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations once again.
essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Travelling in USA again from UK, at 3.15pm, after a long day we were told no room until 4pm, hotel policy. The front desk suggested we go for a walk, so we did but it was 90degrees. At 4pm the room wasn't ready but we did get it just before 4.30pm.

The web site says the park views are stunning, we've attached a photo from our room.

There were other minor issues during our stay but that's not the norm for most guests nor indeed for New York - we've stayed around 30 times at various hotels and love the city and the park.

To be fair to Trump, we did receive an email back in the UK to say if we go back soon they would be 'delighted to ensure that we provide you with a favourable rate along with a room upgrade.' Too risky, our visits are precious.

Maybe booking Expedia is not a good idea for this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't trust their web site, make absolutely sure that you ARE getting a room with a great view i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TIHT-NY, Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I haven't had the opportunity to visit the hotel as my reservation is for December, 2014. The issue is there is no Customer Service after making your reservation. I've never received an email confirmation. I also contacted the hotel directly via phone on three different occasions and requested an email confirmation. Still no email confirmation. I contacted the reservation number and was again assured that an email was being sent. After three days of communication via telephone and internet contact, I've still not received an email confirmation. No, it's not in my spam box. If this is what I can expect during my visit, I certainly may consider changing my plans for December. Of course, the Trump Organization, has obviously become to large to attend to their customers minor request. I can't imagine what the situation may be if the housekeeping, room service, etc.... is as unresponsive as their reservation department.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest, I do apologize for this confirmation glitch and am aware that our Reservations Dept has sent out the confirmation which you should have received by now. I also hope you have received my apology email as well. Please feel free to contact me directly at the Hotel if I may be of any further assistance to you. We look forward to welcoming you in December. Thank you and kind regards.
Fort Madison, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location is perfect, and you get treated like a VIP! We were there as a family for vacation in August. The temperature was about 70-80, and felt fine. The bell staff and doorman were very helpful, and it was easy to catch a cab. Central park is right across the street and the Time Warner center is across the street the other direction, which has Whole Foods and various shops and restaurants. A subway terminal is nearby, too. The room was spacious and clean, and wireless internet was fast and easy. The service was impeccable. Definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: the bigger the better in New York, because average size is small
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

On July 1st we stayed for 1 night at the Trump International Hotel right at Columbus Circle.
We booked a park side room which had a fantastic view over Central Park.
Since we were celebrating our wedding anniversary the staff surprised us with a very nice present.
The whole staff was very friendly and we really liked the services of Marlem, the receptionist.
Next time we visit New York we hope to return to this excellent hotel. Until next time !

Ron Hart - Switzerland

Room Tip: For a few dollars more book a park side room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spend a huge amount of time in hotels in NYC for work. This is one of my top choices, mainly because of the pool and spa , and for longer stays it also has rooms with kitchens, which saves a lot of time and money. So first, the positives. The location is really fantastic. It is right across from the park ( so on nice days you can avoid the gym and ride the park loop- very cool), a nice high end mall (with a grocery store) is right next store, you are walking distance to great restaurants on 9th , cultural venues, etc. As a solo female business traveller, I like that this is a very, very safe hotel. The lobby is intentionally small and intimate, and no one gets past, unlike the larger hotels where I always feel a tiny bit uncomfortable coming back late from a business dinner. The staff is truly incredible; I often need to stay for weeks at a time and they go out of their way to make me feel at home: one weekend my kids came to visit and they proactively set up a whole itinerary for them once I mentioned it --which was a lifesaver for me! They have a full gym, pool and spa in the basement. The massage therapists can actually do deep tissue ( unlike a lot of hotels whose therapists are really more about " fluff and buff"), you can arrange for a personal trainer if you are so inclined, and a pool workout is an awesome change of routine, no question about that! I have had room service many times. It is very expensive but truly incredible; i dont know what they do with the roast chicken but it is the best I ever tasted. Finally, every floor is stocked with fresh apples by the elevator so if you are running late you can pop a few in your purse and have a decent breakfast as you walk to work! Ok so now the negatives. This location is just loud. It is surrounded by traffic and there is invariably something else going on to make it noisy ( movie shoots, construction or whatever). I am pretty noise sensitive, so unless i can get a high floor iI will choose a different hotel. It is loud enough on the lower floors that I almost wonder whether it was a window design flaw or something. Second, they refurbished the rooms relatively recently, so they are nicely done and fresh and clean ( and having a kitchen saves a huge amount of money) , but they didnt redo the bathrooms, which are dated and have insufficient counterspace. Dont get me wrong, they are always impeccably clean, but the pinkish marble , nowhere to spread out your toiletries, and the gold toned hardware annoy me somewhat given the price point of this hotel. Third, the electronics are a bit persnickety. The tv often needs to be " reset" or something, which only takes a few minutes but it seems to be a sufficiently frequent problem that you think they would just deal with it. Finally, until last year or so they didnt have a loyalty program,which they happened to institute shortly after the completion of one of my annual three week stays there. They wouldnt give me credit for that, which really put a bad taste in my mouth considering the frequency of my stays there over the years, so I dont know, that has kind of steered me in another direction as a result; havent been back in a while. So net net, this is a very nice hotel with great service and amenities, and a terrific location. While the rooms are fresh, the bathrooms are outdated for what you would expect at this price point and noise can be an issue, but if the service, gym and spa are an important part of your stay, those amenities do even the score quite a bit.

Room Tip: Lower floors are noisy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Since we take all our guests’ comments very seriously, I have brought your feedback to the attention of the entire management staff, in an effort to make improvements. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience.

Been to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York? Share your experiences!