“Astounding service, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel and Tower New York to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Central Park West, New York City, NY 10023 (Central Park)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
4th night free on suites
Ranked #52 of 452 hotels in New York City
“Astounding service, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Our stay was excellent. Quality service is a culture and pervasive. Cannot say enough good, the location is excellent. Bathrooms are a little 90s, but otherwise fully updated. Hotel is on Columbus circle subway stop. The staff is top notch and shooed a couple of miscreants out of our elevator before we knew what had happened. In all a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was looking for a hotel in NYC and found a great rate on hotels.com with a view of Central Park (well, great rate for NYC prices!). I checked the Trump website to compare pricing and it was actually more expensive on their site (same exact room type, fully refundable rate, etc). However, they have a best rate guarantee that pledges that if you find a better rate for their hotel on another website within 24 hours of booking a reservation with them, that they will honor that rate along with an additional 15% off. So I went ahead and booked with Trump using their site and then immediately filled out their best rate guarantee form that they provided on their website. I never heard back from them. After a couple of weeks I emailed the hotel directly and again, never received a response. Last week, a month after making the reservation, I called the hotel. The hotel apologized but then also said they would need to call me back. I never heard back- it has been 9 business days since I called. I am giving up on them, cancelling my reservation, and booking a comparable hotel nearby. They do not honor their guarantee so I suggest if you find a lower rate elsewhere, book it post haste and don't rely on them to honor their commitment!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our experience at the Trump Hotel was overwhelmingly positive. The staff gives the impression that they truly care that their guests are happy. We arrived at 11:30 am (way ahead of check in time) and in 5 minutes were told our room was ready. We were given water bottles and offered a welcoming soft drink to be delivered to our room (the lemonade was a good choice). Our room was on the 5th floor with a nice few of Central Park.
On my second day I requested a refrigerator from housekeeping for food I had purchased. I was told I could put my items in the minibar (which I did). Thirty minutes later I received a call from Laticia (the housekeeping supervisor-I hope I am spelling her name correctly) who told me that the minibar is only 68 degrees and if I needed a real refrigerator, I would have to upgrade to a room with a kitchenette. She arranged this, called me when the 8th floor room was ready, and had the bellhop move me. Mr. Trump-Laticia has management potential.
WiFi was free and fast (I noticed a router in the closet of each of my rooms-so that avoids a weak signal).
I was bothered by the toilet seat being off kilter (caty wumpus as we say down South). When I first reported this someone from engineering was sent to fix it. When I reported that the repair was not satisfactory, the entire toilet seat was replaced. I see this as another example of the "can do" attitude at the Trump.
I am not sure why a recent reviewer complained about the towels-they were among the largest and plushest I have ever used. I am going see if the Trump organization sells them.
I think Donald Trump has done a great job of creating a luxury lifestyle-brand and the Trump International Hotel and Tower lives up to his name.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and services. Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so that we may exceed your expectations once again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The first thing that comes to mind of my memorial day weekend stay was that the staff was very courteous. They were all friendly and helpful. The location is also excellent being in a central location to everything we wanted to do. The executive suite was perfect for what we were looking for. With four of us staying (3 adults and 1 toddler), it was plenty big enough. The staff even came in every night to pull out the sleeper couch and return it after we left.

If I had to nitpick issues then I would say that some of the bathroom amenities could use an upgrade. The shower head was lose and had less than desired water pressure. Another small gripe was that you couldn't checkout using the room TV. It may be possible but I couldn't find the option, and gave up. I've also slept on better mattresses, but the one they had was still great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel & Tower NY-Central Park over Memorial Day weekend. Thank you for commending our courteous and friendly staff, our wonderful location and your comfortable executive suite accommodation with the pullout sofa bed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Trump International while in New York on a family trip and we were all very pleased by the experience. Lots of closet space, full kitchen, large flat screen TVs, friendly staff, and delicious food. The food is a bit pricey but the hotel is half a block from Whole Foods so we stocked our fridge with inexpensive and healthy snacks. The location cannot be beat. It's right across the street from Central Park and a short ride to 5th Avenue shopping and Times Square. Overall, it was a great experience!

Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your rave review of your recent visit to Trump International Hotel & Tower NY-Central Park. We are so pleased your family enjoyed their experience, the well-appointed guestroom with lots of closet space, full kitchen, large flat screen TV, our friendly staff and perfect location in close proximity to Central Park, 5th Avenue shopping and Times Square. We look forward to welcoming you back so that we may exceed your expectations once again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We travel to New York every year and for the past 12 years have stayed at the Peninsula. Travelling with our granddaughter on this occasion, we wanted to find something more reasonably priced My daughter recommended we try the Trump and we were delighted with our choice, We had a 1 bedroom suite interconnecting with a junior suite which averaged out at $1000 a night!! I think this is amazing for Manhattan. We also had a spotlessly clean kitchen in each suite complete with oversized sub zero refrigerator, commercially sized oven and microwave, The staff are absolutely charming and from the doorman to the concierge and reception staff, it is impossible to enter or leave the hotel without a sea of smiling faces saying hello or goodbye. As someone who suffers with a bad back I think I am well qualified to comment on beds and sofas. Both of which pass the "acid test" with flying colours. The bed linen is crisp and fresh, the amenities are well stocked and the only thing I would say need improving are the towels. We asked for help with the TV and within 5 minutes an engineer arrived. In room dining is disappointing and needs improving but the service is charming. The only thing that really lets it down is the price of the laundry service. $25 to launder my granddaughters jogging pants - really??? That aside, along with his counterpart Mr Wynn in Las Vegas, Mr Trump certainly knows how to run hotels!

Room Tip: We needed interconnecting suites which means that they are corner rooms. Unfortunately the 1 bedroom...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your first visit with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower NY-Central Park. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our hotel. Rest assured we will investigate your comments regarding the towels and I trust you will find an improvement in this regard upon your next stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The location of the hotel was fantastic and it was peaceful even though it was in a busy area. The view of Central Park from the room was superb. The staff were extremely helpful. The room was spotless and all we needed was easliy accessible.

Room Tip: A room with a park view is hard to beat.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower New York for your recent stay and for recommending your experience. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved our location, accommodations and extremely helpful staff. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Been to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York? Share your experiences!