“Trumps the Competition” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel and Tower New York to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Central Park West, New York City, NY 10023 (Central Park)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
4th night free on suites
Ranked #51 of 452 hotels in New York City
Memphis
“Trumps the Competition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our experience at the Trump Hotel was overwhelmingly positive. The staff gives the impression that they truly care that their guests are happy. We arrived at 11:30 am (way ahead of check in time) and in 5 minutes were told our room was ready. We were given water bottles and offered a welcoming soft drink to be delivered to our room (the lemonade was a good choice). Our room was on the 5th floor with a nice few of Central Park.
On my second day I requested a refrigerator from housekeeping for food I had purchased. I was told I could put my items in the minibar (which I did). Thirty minutes later I received a call from Laticia (the housekeeping supervisor-I hope I am spelling her name correctly) who told me that the minibar is only 68 degrees and if I needed a real refrigerator, I would have to upgrade to a room with a kitchenette. She arranged this, called me when the 8th floor room was ready, and had the bellhop move me. Mr. Trump-Laticia has management potential.
WiFi was free and fast (I noticed a router in the closet of each of my rooms-so that avoids a weak signal).
I was bothered by the toilet seat being off kilter (caty wumpus as we say down South). When I first reported this someone from engineering was sent to fix it. When I reported that the repair was not satisfactory, the entire toilet seat was replaced. I see this as another example of the "can do" attitude at the Trump.
I am not sure why a recent reviewer complained about the towels-they were among the largest and plushest I have ever used. I am going see if the Trump organization sells them.
I think Donald Trump has done a great job of creating a luxury lifestyle-brand and the Trump International Hotel and Tower lives up to his name.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and services. Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so that we may exceed your expectations once again.

593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The first thing that comes to mind of my memorial day weekend stay was that the staff was very courteous. They were all friendly and helpful. The location is also excellent being in a central location to everything we wanted to do. The executive suite was perfect for what we were looking for. With four of us staying (3 adults and 1 toddler), it was plenty big enough. The staff even came in every night to pull out the sleeper couch and return it after we left.

If I had to nitpick issues then I would say that some of the bathroom amenities could use an upgrade. The shower head was lose and had less than desired water pressure. Another small gripe was that you couldn't checkout using the room TV. It may be possible but I couldn't find the option, and gave up. I've also slept on better mattresses, but the one they had was still great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel & Tower NY-Central Park over Memorial Day weekend. Thank you for commending our courteous and friendly staff, our wonderful location and your comfortable executive suite accommodation with the pullout sofa bed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Trump International while in New York on a family trip and we were all very pleased by the experience. Lots of closet space, full kitchen, large flat screen TVs, friendly staff, and delicious food. The food is a bit pricey but the hotel is half a block from Whole Foods so we stocked our fridge with inexpensive and healthy snacks. The location cannot be beat. It's right across the street from Central Park and a short ride to 5th Avenue shopping and Times Square. Overall, it was a great experience!

Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your rave review of your recent visit to Trump International Hotel & Tower NY-Central Park. We are so pleased your family enjoyed their experience, the well-appointed guestroom with lots of closet space, full kitchen, large flat screen TV, our friendly staff and perfect location in close proximity to Central Park, 5th Avenue shopping and Times Square. We look forward to welcoming you back so that we may exceed your expectations once again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We travel to New York every year and for the past 12 years have stayed at the Peninsula. Travelling with our granddaughter on this occasion, we wanted to find something more reasonably priced My daughter recommended we try the Trump and we were delighted with our choice, We had a 1 bedroom suite interconnecting with a junior suite which averaged out at $1000 a night!! I think this is amazing for Manhattan. We also had a spotlessly clean kitchen in each suite complete with oversized sub zero refrigerator, commercially sized oven and microwave, The staff are absolutely charming and from the doorman to the concierge and reception staff, it is impossible to enter or leave the hotel without a sea of smiling faces saying hello or goodbye. As someone who suffers with a bad back I think I am well qualified to comment on beds and sofas. Both of which pass the "acid test" with flying colours. The bed linen is crisp and fresh, the amenities are well stocked and the only thing I would say need improving are the towels. We asked for help with the TV and within 5 minutes an engineer arrived. In room dining is disappointing and needs improving but the service is charming. The only thing that really lets it down is the price of the laundry service. $25 to launder my granddaughters jogging pants - really??? That aside, along with his counterpart Mr Wynn in Las Vegas, Mr Trump certainly knows how to run hotels!

Room Tip: We needed interconnecting suites which means that they are corner rooms. Unfortunately the 1 bedroom...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your first visit with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower NY-Central Park. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our hotel. Rest assured we will investigate your comments regarding the towels and I trust you will find an improvement in this regard upon your next stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The location of the hotel was fantastic and it was peaceful even though it was in a busy area. The view of Central Park from the room was superb. The staff were extremely helpful. The room was spotless and all we needed was easliy accessible.

Room Tip: A room with a park view is hard to beat.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower New York for your recent stay and for recommending your experience. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved our location, accommodations and extremely helpful staff. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.
Cologne, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed there for four nights in early Feb 2014 with my wife for her 40th birthday and two of her friends (which was a surprise). We had a guaranteed upgrade to a suite. Original plan was to only stay 3 nights, but decided to arrive one day earlier and let the hotel know the same day. The short version is: Overall mediocre experience. Some details:

The positive:

-Unbeatable view on Central Park - IF you have a room with a view (we had a corner suite with full view on the Park and on Columbus Circle). Other than that the value of the location itself depends on what you plan to do. Good for uptown and midtown things, a little less good for SoHo, West and East Village (can take forever by taxi at some times of the day - if you want to save time, use the underground)
-Great bistro 'Nougatine' from Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten directly in the basement of the hotel with great view on the Park and good food

The not so positive:

-No doormen to help with car or luggage for 5 minutes when we arrived a quarter to midnight on a Wed night - so we did the main part ourselves
-Lobby extremely windy all the time
- Rooms (even the renovated ones) outdated and with low quality furniture, lamps etc., floor plans not so good (e.g., no separate restroom in all rooms, no shower AND tub,netc.)' pool area and locker rooms need serious upgrading (though it is better than nothing), sauna did not work and no one even was aware
-The suite they first showed us already had the beds prepared for my wife's friends. As this was planned as a surprise, I had explicitly asked in writing that this was only prepared AFTER our arrival upon my request, and it was confirmed to my travel agent. I managed the situation, but such things are unacceptable.
-Also, the first suite did not have such a nice view and floor plan. We asked if it was possible to see alternative rooms. We were shown 2 alternatives of which we liked one. At no time any extra costs were mentioned. But suddenly I was asked to sign for about 500 USD more per night. Even though this is money, it was less about the extra costs - it simply should be mentioned before or while the rooms were shown. In the end there was no extra costs after my travel agent spoke to the Head of Sales. The first night we staid then in the first suite and then moved the next day.
-Included amenities were not in the room upon arrival. Room service extremely slow and low quality (but pricey)
-Air Con rather loud
-Last but not least they apparently forgot to charge me for the valet parking upon checkout (which I paid with a different card than shown at checkin), but then simply charged it to the one I had given at checkin without asking and without my signature.
-Can be a little annoying when some celebrities hang out on your floor (some well known couple with their kids stayed in the suite facing ours for Fashion week) with their entourage and have their nannies sit on the floor outside the rooms, sometimes even joining them (but maybe some guests also like such things)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This was my second stay at Trump Tower of NYC. This hotel has extraordinary service and comfortable feeling. It is located at a relatively quiet corner at the start of Central Park. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return. Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Been to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York? Share your experiences!