“Great location and service makes this a standout ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel and Tower New York to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Central Park West, New York City, NY 10023 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
4th night free on suites
Ranked #53 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Hong Kong
“Great location and service makes this a standout ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The small lobby was a bit of a surprise and no ramp for heavy luggage or wheelchairs. But the staff service and location more than made up for this. Few minutes walk from the subway and Central Park. We had a view of the park and a few glorious sunny days. Delis, Whole Foods and Bouchon Bakery right next door for breakfast. Recommended!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive review of your most recent visit to Trump International Hotel & Tower NY-Central Park. We are very pleased you were impressed with our staff service and location and that you would recommend our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

While the small lobby can be busy, the warm reception from all staff make you feel at home immediately. Try lunch upon arrival to get the 5 diamond experience off to a quick start. Getting an upgrade to a city view suite is a welcome opportunity for even more luxury.
Everyone is willing to please so don't hesitate, just ask for anything and it usually appears quickly.

Room Tip: book with AX Platinum for an upgrade and the benefits like $100 food credit, if you don't use th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your very positive review of your recent visit at Trump International Hotel & Tower New York at Central Park! We are so pleased that you were impressed with your guestroom as well as our location and amenities. Our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations once again.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stay from april 26 to may 3rd 2014. One of the best location in New York City. Very good staff. Very professionnal. Beautiful swimming pool and spa. Room clean and big. Just in front of central park.
Strongly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the positive review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read that you would strongly recommend our hotel and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks about their professionalism. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

If you are looking for a luxury experience or are celebrating a special occasion while visiting NYC, Trump International is an excellent choice. The staff is professional and very helpful. No detail is too small. The location on Central Park and Columbus Circle is very convenient for shopping, restaurants or cultural activities. My room was in pristine condition. It was if I was the first person who stayed there.

Room Tip: You have a choice of city view or park view rooms. So it is simply a matter of your preference. I ha...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and services. Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

After a broken pipe in our upstairs neighbor's bathroom flooded our apartment, we found ourselves in desperate need of a place to stay while we figured out a longer-term solution. The Trump Hotel was our knight in shining armor. Though hardly inexpensive, we were able to get a decent rate that included daily breakfast and some hotel credit (which we applied towards a room-service dinner from Nougatine -- love the in-room dining!), and it was worth every penny. We enjoyed almost everything about the hotel: the downstairs pool and spa (got a fantastic massage); the delicious food; comfy beds; customized lighting setup; great location. Most of all, though, the service. Nightly turndown included much-appreciated bedside water and chocolates. We got a kick out of the aromatherapy pillows that you could order from a special pillow menu (gratis). The first night, our room was on a low floor overlooking the loading dock, and the garbage pickup woke me early in the morning, which was frustrating. The management response to my complaint was swift and excellent. We were moved to a higher floor and the manager sent up cheese and crackers with a note of apology. (I think they noticed we'd ordered cheese after dinner the night before, rather than sweets -- an attentive touch.) It's true that the bathrooms look a bit dated, with gold-toned hardware and less-than-perfect condition of tile and fixtures. Still, I would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to avoid noise, especially on the north side of the building, where the loading...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased we were able to rescue you from your flooded apartment and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
NY NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I booked a 3 night stay at the hotel a couple of weeks ago as a solo traveler for a little R&R after a long winter. The biggest reasons for selecting this hotel were the indoor pool, spa facilities, convenient location and the overall positive reviews on Tripadvisor.

In advance of my arrival, the concierge, Irene Chu, contacted me asking if I needed anything. I asked for daily newspapers, slippers, directions to valet parking and a reservation at the Jean Georges restaurant in the hotel. I learned after my last stay at the Breakers in Palm Beach, that newspapers and slippers are not an automatic given, even in 5 star hotels.

Although the parking directions were detailed, I drove into the garage from Broadway. The attendant did not understand the day I was checking out and I had to tell someone else. During my stay I inquired at the front desk about the parking, to make sure the charges were put on my tab. The attendants seemed a little confused, looking for more information, but took care of everything. When I got the car back upon check out, the beige floor mat on the driver’s side had huge muddy boot prints which entailed a stop at a car wash en route to a business appointment that included driving a client in my vehicle.

The lobby is as other reviewers pointed out small but fine. Because of the location off Central Park and Columbus Circle, the staff does seem to deal with wind issues, taping certain doors at night. Irene checked me in and that was quick. Fernando took my luggage upstairs and explained the services in a warm and helpful fashion. Every time I walked through the lobby, with the exception of Fernando when he was on duty and one man who is situated at a counter near the door, whom I suppose was a bellman, none of the front desk clerks looked up. I imagine there is a lot of correspondence on their respective computers.

My room had been upgraded to one with a sitting room. I had requested a kitchen which was fully stocked with attractive dishes, full stove and might have easily accommodated a home made dinner. The most impressive element of the suite was the elaborate electronic lighting and window shade system which allows for day, evening and away lighting, all various selections. The furnishings are all above standard and quite comfortable and handsome. The TV in the living room did not work the first time, but a note to the housekeeper fixed that. The entire suite was immaculate.

The turn down service was a pleasant surprise and made me smile – there was a scenic tour on the bedroom tv with music, a white stepping mat by the bed, along with wrapped slippers, a bottle of water and chocolate, and the weather forecast written on a beautiful Crane-like stationery.

The first night at around 10:30 while I was sleeping, the doorbell rang, and then someone tried to open the door. Shortly after that the phone rang. It was chaotic. I called the operator and she connected me with the front desk which told me that they were trying to deliver newspapers from that day!

I was tempted to schedule a facial and nails in advance but decided to tour the spa the first day. There were two attendants, a man who gave me a tour of the gym and pool, and a woman who seemed pleasant but didn’t say much because she was typing something on the computer, like the other staffers in the lobby. The gym seems immaculate as well. The pool was nicely heated and had a little basketball set which others seemed to use and enjoy. The lifeguard was friendly and offered me water. The treadmills directly overlook the pool so people working out look at you while you’re swimming and laying on the loungers. There is no music, not even gentle spa music, so it is a little like a library. After my swim, I walked around the rear of the spa where the massage rooms and “relaxation room” is located. The latter was quite small, barely fitting a couch, and was equipped with flavored waters and spa music with dim lighting. Perhaps I didn’t give the hotel an ample opportunity to show off its services but I wound up not booking any treatments and instead went to a spa a couple of blocks away for a facial and mani/pedi.

The bathroom was nicely appointed, and the hotel toiletries are nicely scented. The towels were thick and fluffy. I tried to use the Jacuzzi but the jets sprayed out some debris and the tub did not hold water, so that didn’t happen. There was a gold seal on the toilet paper which was a nice touch, only to be dashed by a couple of gold seals left by other guests and stuck under the counter.

Rather than using card keys, the hotel uses electronic keys which can be a little cumbersome as they are not on key chains and easily lost in one’s purse. There was one key that didn’t fit anything in the suite, the hotel bar or the cabinet in the closet which had a lock on it and I would have used. The elevator bank had a bowl of fruit replenished every day for snacking.

On my last day as I was opening the door, the phone rang at 5 minutes after checkout time. The front desk attendants were suddenly very friendly asking how I had enjoyed my stay. James, the doorman, was such a nice guy, inquiring how I had enjoyed the hotel and my visit.
The General Manager, Suzie Mills, communicated with me within a day after my stay and replied to my message re the plusses and minuses with grace and professionalism. The Mandarin Oriental is also on Columbus Circle and an option I would try in the future, but overall the Trump Tower scores high marks and I definitely plan to return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. It is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

It was good and the view was fantastic (paid for it though! and the room wasn't cheap!).

Stayed for 4 nights over Easter.

When we tried to check in at 2pm was told the room wasn't ready come back at 4pm - which we did. That was it! Given the key. No 'hi, have a great stay, breakfast is served at x time, breakfast is served in the x restaurant. Nothing! Found them very abrupt and rude upon check in and not very nice at all.

Anyway. Seemed to have been upgraded to a two roomed suite, so loads of room and walk to ceiling windows. We didn't have a kitchen in the room as advertised. We could have used the communal one just outside our room. Every time we rang for ice there was a conversation about how there was ice in the refrigerator! No there wasn't; we didn't have a refrigerator!! and there wasn't any ice in the communal fridge.

Rang down for a kettle which was quickly supplied.

Gym and spa were great. Facial that I had was amazing. Andy enjoyed his pedicure.

The room was kept impeccably clean; clean fresh towels supplied twice a day.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, loved the view of Central Park but have to say reception staff and some of the room service staff on the end of the phone do need to learn customer service.

Free car back to the train station upon departure was very nice and so it should be for what we spent in that hotel. Mini mortgage!

Not as good as it thinks it is. Next time I'll be going elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying at Trump International Hotel & Tower NY-Central Park, as well as for providing feedback from your stay. Guest comments help us maintain and improve our standards of service. Please know that, since we take all our guests’ comments very seriously, I have brought your feedback to the attention of the entire management staff and addressed each mentioned issue with the departments involved, in an effort to prevent any similar occurrences from happening in the future. Once again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Been to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York? Share your experiences!