“Best staycation ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York

You added Trump International Hotel and Tower New York to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Central Park West, New York City, NY 10023 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
40% off on suites!
Ranked #41 of 455 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Best staycation ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

After a broken pipe in our upstairs neighbor's bathroom flooded our apartment, we found ourselves in desperate need of a place to stay while we figured out a longer-term solution. The Trump Hotel was our knight in shining armor. Though hardly inexpensive, we were able to get a decent rate that included daily breakfast and some hotel credit (which we applied towards a room-service dinner from Nougatine -- love the in-room dining!), and it was worth every penny. We enjoyed almost everything about the hotel: the downstairs pool and spa (got a fantastic massage); the delicious food; comfy beds; customized lighting setup; great location. Most of all, though, the service. Nightly turndown included much-appreciated bedside water and chocolates. We got a kick out of the aromatherapy pillows that you could order from a special pillow menu (gratis). The first night, our room was on a low floor overlooking the loading dock, and the garbage pickup woke me early in the morning, which was frustrating. The management response to my complaint was swift and excellent. We were moved to a higher floor and the manager sent up cheese and crackers with a note of apology. (I think they noticed we'd ordered cheese after dinner the night before, rather than sweets -- an attentive touch.) It's true that the bathrooms look a bit dated, with gold-toned hardware and less-than-perfect condition of tile and fixtures. Still, I would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to avoid noise, especially on the north side of the building, where the loading...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased we were able to rescue you from your flooded apartment and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
NY NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I booked a 3 night stay at the hotel a couple of weeks ago as a solo traveler for a little R&R after a long winter. The biggest reasons for selecting this hotel were the indoor pool, spa facilities, convenient location and the overall positive reviews on Tripadvisor.

In advance of my arrival, the concierge, Irene Chu, contacted me asking if I needed anything. I asked for daily newspapers, slippers, directions to valet parking and a reservation at the Jean Georges restaurant in the hotel. I learned after my last stay at the Breakers in Palm Beach, that newspapers and slippers are not an automatic given, even in 5 star hotels.

Although the parking directions were detailed, I drove into the garage from Broadway. The attendant did not understand the day I was checking out and I had to tell someone else. During my stay I inquired at the front desk about the parking, to make sure the charges were put on my tab. The attendants seemed a little confused, looking for more information, but took care of everything. When I got the car back upon check out, the beige floor mat on the driver’s side had huge muddy boot prints which entailed a stop at a car wash en route to a business appointment that included driving a client in my vehicle.

The lobby is as other reviewers pointed out small but fine. Because of the location off Central Park and Columbus Circle, the staff does seem to deal with wind issues, taping certain doors at night. Irene checked me in and that was quick. Fernando took my luggage upstairs and explained the services in a warm and helpful fashion. Every time I walked through the lobby, with the exception of Fernando when he was on duty and one man who is situated at a counter near the door, whom I suppose was a bellman, none of the front desk clerks looked up. I imagine there is a lot of correspondence on their respective computers.

My room had been upgraded to one with a sitting room. I had requested a kitchen which was fully stocked with attractive dishes, full stove and might have easily accommodated a home made dinner. The most impressive element of the suite was the elaborate electronic lighting and window shade system which allows for day, evening and away lighting, all various selections. The furnishings are all above standard and quite comfortable and handsome. The TV in the living room did not work the first time, but a note to the housekeeper fixed that. The entire suite was immaculate.

The turn down service was a pleasant surprise and made me smile – there was a scenic tour on the bedroom tv with music, a white stepping mat by the bed, along with wrapped slippers, a bottle of water and chocolate, and the weather forecast written on a beautiful Crane-like stationery.

The first night at around 10:30 while I was sleeping, the doorbell rang, and then someone tried to open the door. Shortly after that the phone rang. It was chaotic. I called the operator and she connected me with the front desk which told me that they were trying to deliver newspapers from that day!

I was tempted to schedule a facial and nails in advance but decided to tour the spa the first day. There were two attendants, a man who gave me a tour of the gym and pool, and a woman who seemed pleasant but didn’t say much because she was typing something on the computer, like the other staffers in the lobby. The gym seems immaculate as well. The pool was nicely heated and had a little basketball set which others seemed to use and enjoy. The lifeguard was friendly and offered me water. The treadmills directly overlook the pool so people working out look at you while you’re swimming and laying on the loungers. There is no music, not even gentle spa music, so it is a little like a library. After my swim, I walked around the rear of the spa where the massage rooms and “relaxation room” is located. The latter was quite small, barely fitting a couch, and was equipped with flavored waters and spa music with dim lighting. Perhaps I didn’t give the hotel an ample opportunity to show off its services but I wound up not booking any treatments and instead went to a spa a couple of blocks away for a facial and mani/pedi.

The bathroom was nicely appointed, and the hotel toiletries are nicely scented. The towels were thick and fluffy. I tried to use the Jacuzzi but the jets sprayed out some debris and the tub did not hold water, so that didn’t happen. There was a gold seal on the toilet paper which was a nice touch, only to be dashed by a couple of gold seals left by other guests and stuck under the counter.

Rather than using card keys, the hotel uses electronic keys which can be a little cumbersome as they are not on key chains and easily lost in one’s purse. There was one key that didn’t fit anything in the suite, the hotel bar or the cabinet in the closet which had a lock on it and I would have used. The elevator bank had a bowl of fruit replenished every day for snacking.

On my last day as I was opening the door, the phone rang at 5 minutes after checkout time. The front desk attendants were suddenly very friendly asking how I had enjoyed my stay. James, the doorman, was such a nice guy, inquiring how I had enjoyed the hotel and my visit.
The General Manager, Suzie Mills, communicated with me within a day after my stay and replied to my message re the plusses and minuses with grace and professionalism. The Mandarin Oriental is also on Columbus Circle and an option I would try in the future, but overall the Trump Tower scores high marks and I definitely plan to return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. It is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

It was good and the view was fantastic (paid for it though! and the room wasn't cheap!).

Stayed for 4 nights over Easter.

When we tried to check in at 2pm was told the room wasn't ready come back at 4pm - which we did. That was it! Given the key. No 'hi, have a great stay, breakfast is served at x time, breakfast is served in the x restaurant. Nothing! Found them very abrupt and rude upon check in and not very nice at all.

Anyway. Seemed to have been upgraded to a two roomed suite, so loads of room and walk to ceiling windows. We didn't have a kitchen in the room as advertised. We could have used the communal one just outside our room. Every time we rang for ice there was a conversation about how there was ice in the refrigerator! No there wasn't; we didn't have a refrigerator!! and there wasn't any ice in the communal fridge.

Rang down for a kettle which was quickly supplied.

Gym and spa were great. Facial that I had was amazing. Andy enjoyed his pedicure.

The room was kept impeccably clean; clean fresh towels supplied twice a day.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, loved the view of Central Park but have to say reception staff and some of the room service staff on the end of the phone do need to learn customer service.

Free car back to the train station upon departure was very nice and so it should be for what we spent in that hotel. Mini mortgage!

Not as good as it thinks it is. Next time I'll be going elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying at Trump International Hotel & Tower NY-Central Park, as well as for providing feedback from your stay. Guest comments help us maintain and improve our standards of service. Please know that, since we take all our guests’ comments very seriously, I have brought your feedback to the attention of the entire management staff and addressed each mentioned issue with the departments involved, in an effort to prevent any similar occurrences from happening in the future. Once again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

An exceptional location at the bottom end of central park slightly away from the shopping crowds on 5th Avenue. Great if you are going to the opera at the Met as its 10 minutes walk - no taxi hassle after the performance

The rooms are very well equipped with comfortable beds and great pillows

Breakfast in the room was a real treat and always served very well by friendly staff

The areas for improvement are in the housekeeping and maintenance - the carpets in our room could have done with a really good clean, the bathroom had gaps in the tiles and bath plugs that did not drain properly and the TV was frustratingly slow (we were informed that the computer equipment was too slow to cope with the new systems!). Not really what you expect for $695 per night

Overall we would recommend a stay

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I just love this hotel, I stayed here often on business and this time I was returning with my family, husband and daughter aged 8. We spent 6 nights here over Easter, it's the little touches that make it extra special. Complimentary water at turn down nice little choccy's, choice of pillows and perfect for us the kitchen area, we pre ordered breakfast things but the shop is just a street away, this meant a leisurely start and whilst lovely not facing the lure of a pancake breakfast every day. Ask for a high floor to avoid some street noise, just a few steps from Columbus circle subway, lots of nice places to eat a block or two away. Our daughter was really sick in the middle of the night, the staff were fabulous, came and sorted everything out. Franklin the concierge booked all our dinners and Simon the doorman made our daughter welcome each time we saw him. I can't wait to return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your continued loyalty to Trump International Hotel &Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased to learn how much you and your family enjoyed your 6 nights with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments concerning the attention our Concierge and Doorman paid to your daughter. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay at Trump Central Park. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back so that we may exceed your expectations once again!
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed at Trump International for a fun week in New York. Perfect location, attentive service, and absolutely beautiful rooms. This hotel is truly a relaxing retreat in the middle of this bustling city.

The room was spacious and always very quiet at night. Our room had a lovely view of Central Park, and was incredibly clean and welcoming.

Ford, the bellman, was extremely kind, friendly, and helpful. He greeted us with a smile and salutation every time he saw us step out of the elevator or walk into the lobby. What a classy man, and what an asset he is to the Trump organization.

I became quite ill during the last day of our stay and when we were due to check out at noon, my husband called the front desk to ask for just a couple more hours so I could rest. This was met with complete care and concern by the front desk, and they even offered to send up some hot tea. What a kind response to a legitimate need to stay in the room just a bit longer. We ended up checking out about 2pm and were not bothered once with a phone call from the front desk asking when we would be leaving. These little details are what sets hotels apart from the rest, and what makes travelers loyal guests. We were so grateful for those extra couple hours and will always remember the kind response from your team.

Thank you for an incredible stay. This will be the only place we'll stay in NYC.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your rave review after your recent week-long stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower New York-Central Park. Thank you for complimenting our perfect location, attentive service and beautiful rooms. Ford will be very pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of his efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights at the beginning of April with my husband. We both had an amazing relaxing time at Trump International. A special thank you to Carlos and his team on the concierge desk who were extremely helpful and friendly. I had arranged a few things with Carlos before I arrived, from dinner at Jean George, a car service to and from the airport, hair and makeup to be done in my room and a wonderful spa treatment the morning after we arrived, all arranged perfectly.

We stayed in a beautiful suite, with amazing views. The suite had lovely high ceilings and was very clean modern and spacious. Housekeeping did a brilliant job everyday and a lovely turn down service at night leaving bottled water, chocolate and a cute weather report for the next day. The location is perfect and it was great to have central park across the road. We had a couple of drinks in the hotel bar but never dined there, but the food did look great.

The only negative things was the lobby area was way too small and we were disappointed with our meal in Jean George. As it is a 3 Michelin star restaurant we were looking forward to being wowed and it just didn't happen. The food was just okay, nothing special. My squab was so tough I couldn't cut into it and my lobster was over cooked and chewy. I did mention when asked about the squab that it wasn't good and I was offered some cheese. But for me it was just a disappointment as I was really looking forward to this meal.

But I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your 5 night stay with us at Trump International Hotel &Tower New York-Central Park. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our hotel. I will certainly pass along your kind comments to Carlos and the concierge team. Rest assured we will forward your feedback regarding your restaurant experience to Jean-Georges Management and I trust you will find an improvement in this regard when you return to stay with us. Thank you and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York? Share your experiences!