“Trump Tower didn't disappoint :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York

You added Trump International Hotel and Tower New York to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Central Park West, New York City, NY 10023 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
40% off on suites!
Ranked #42 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Trump Tower didn't disappoint :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a fantastic hotel, the room was gorgeous and fridge filled with everything you could need. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!! The service offered by all members of staff was attentive, helpful and friendly. The location was perfectly central and a short walk to Broadway, 5th Avenue and Central Park. I would definitely stay at Trump Tower again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review of your recent stay at the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and services. Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying at Trump to celebrate a special occasion..city view suite is excellent- very spacious and elegantly decorated. The location, as others have mentioned, is brilliant for the Park, Midtown and has great amenities nearby which makes up for the lack of them at the hotel.

Maid/turn down service is very good.

Only disappointment to date is that I emailed the hotel in advance asking for some advice and suggestions as we are celebrating a pretty unique special occasion, and received no reply. Then I replied to the advanced concierge email asking for our arrival details and 'anything they could do for us in advance' and said that I was looking for a reply to my original email-not even an acknowledgment to either. For a brand which seems to strive for personal service, it was surprising and disappointing but has been the only issue factor on our stay so far...

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump New York. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services for our guests. It is of course with great concern that I have learned our attache guest services did not respond to your pre-arrival emails. Please be assured this has been reviewed with the department manager in order prevent reoccurences in the future. I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future and look forward to welcoming you back.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great location, super friendly staff and very nice, if a bit small, rooms. Doesn't feel like a hotel in the sense that the lobby is small and not a big emphasis on large breakfast restaurant but this is not needed as the are millions of places nearby. Pool in basement not very inspiring.

• Stayed July 2013
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your visit. Also, many thanks for commending our service team; your kind recognition will be very well received. Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park in the near future.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I usually stay at downtown hotels in NYC. This July 4th, having had to cancel a European cruise due to illness, I decided I needed some time away, but close to home and different. And I made a very good choice! I doubt I can improve on the review by happinmiami. We had the same suite, apparently. The staff, particularly reception and the door staff have to be the best in NYC. Being greeted by name is very nice. Across the street are the shops at Columbus Circle and Whole Foods on the lower level. The subway is right next to the hotel. On the first night of our two night stay we had room service and yes, it was way above average. All calls to the desk were taken care of promptly. Met some people from the south who stay for a month every year! We also had drinks at the outside bar which was very comfortable and service very good.
Will definitely stay there again. P.S. All the employees seem very happy, so the Donald must be a good employer after all!

Room Tip: The Executive City View Suite has great views, is gloriously comfortable. 10th floor room was nice...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel and in summary it doesn't live up to its reputation. I have stayed at some if the mist reputable hotels throughout the world and never been refused entry to BREAKFAST!! because I was wearing shorts ( very expensive ones at that!!), especially in summer. I perfectly understand and respect a dress code, but it's breakfast. Never happened to me anywhere else in the world.
On a positive note, Franklin at concierge, was amazing.
Upon checkout we were not asked, how was your stay???? Once again another first time experience. I was astonished that a hotel who pied themselves on service at a high level would not be interested in how our stay was. Odd?? The woman at the desk then was asked a question about the details of a parcel being sent back to our country, only too quick us a very short and incorrect response. A feeling of, I am not interested in your question.
Our stay was so bad that cancelled our next 5 night stay at Trump Soho and checked into another New York Hotel. They were DEFINITELY interested in how our stay was!
Sorry but won't be choosing the Trump hotels again

• Stayed July 2013
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower NY-Central Park and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comments about our wonderful concierge, I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed by the restaurant and departure experience. I assure you this was an isolated incident and it will be discussed with the management of Jean-Georges as well as our Front Office Manager. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and back in the near future.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We just returned from a six day stay at the Trump and couldn't be happier. It was crazy hot in NYC but the Trump was a wonderful oasis. From the moment we walked in the front door things were perfect. Our rooms were instantly upgraded to beautiful city view suites! The staff throughout the hotel were friendly, helpful yet discrete. The amenities were also top-notch from the food to the fitness center. Finally, you cannot beat the location. With Central Park on one corner, Midtown out the front door and the Upper West Side out the other side you are situated perfectly for your Manhattan stay. Use the Wholefoods across the street for supplies, rent a bike from the girls at the Columbus circle entrance to the park and finally use the subway right out your front door!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Miami Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I usually spend Valentine's Day in New York. We had stayed at the W Times Square previously and had been upgraded to a suite and loved it. But last Valentine's Day we were not upgrade and the room was too too small. So on a busy Valentine's Day holiday we were able to transfer to the Trump International. From the moment I walked in the lobby and Antoine greeted me, I felt like someone cared about my comfort and well-being. We were upgraded to a junior suite which was unbelievable. It had a kitchen, dining area, living room area with large window overlooking Broadway and the Time Warner Building, separate bedroom and large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub. Shortly after arriving in the room, a gentle knock on the door brought two bottles of complimentary sparkling water on a silver tray. Another knock on the door brought a fresh orchid for the bathroom and complimentary chocolates. My stress was melting away and thoughts of romance began. Every detail of comfort seemed to be attended to or offered, including complimentary butler service, if required. The room was immaculately clean and quiet, not to mention elegant. A chandelier over the dining table gave what might have been a cold area in any other room, a warm classy feeling. We ordered room service the first night of our stay and it was probably the best room service food we have ever been had. The fact that it was from the hotel's Jean George (famous chef) restaurant may have had something to do with it. The next night we had drinks at the bar of the very busy restaurant and had a thoroughly good time. Great cocktails. The staff at the desk was always interested to know if there was anything we needed each time we passed by. I can't say enough nice things about what a wonderful experience we had on our visit and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. I was so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your Valentine's visit at our Hotel. Thank you for commending our staff and services. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Been to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York? Share your experiences!